Cardio Routine That Worked for YOU

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
This post was inspired by a previous post with Sheesh and Matt-D and myself... you can give a simple or complex example of the cardio that you personally have seen results from and others will appreciate it.... here's my favorite:

Day 1:
Moderate 1/4 Run
After 1/4 mile, drop and do 50 push ups
Another 1/4 mile
Drop and do 30 push ups
Straight 1/2 mile run

Day 2:

Shuttles for 2 minutes straight (2 sets)

*Shuttles are like Michigan States. Run 10 feet, touch the ground, come back to where you started, touch the ground, repeat for 5 minuts

Followed by a 1 mile run

Day 3:

Basketball at the gym or Raquetball for around 1 hour each day, sometimes more if my shot is on ;)

*sometimes I'll swim, then the sauna, or whirlpool. Sometimes I'll just run a couple miles on the treamill or if its warm, outside.

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
only cardio ive done the last 2 yrs , and has kept me in single digit body fat percentage is daily walks in the morninng on an empty stomach , no matter what , bulking or cutting .

Draven

Awards
  • Established
Here's mine I'm on now. In two weeks I've dropped 2% bf.

Cals: 1800 on cardio days, 2200 on workout days.

Day 1: Workout - Chest, shoulders Tris (am)
Day 2: Cardio - 20 min run (85% MHR, am)
Day 3: Workout - legs (am)
Day 4: Cardio - 30 mins run (interval, am)
Day 5: Workout - Back Biceps(am)
Day 6: Cardio - 20 min run (85% MHR, am)

Nelson

Draven

I`m interested to know how you handle your pre/post cardio nutrition.
What does it look like?
BTW what are your stats?

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I do many variations on track sprint workouts, but this in particular has always fucked me up quite nicely.

800 meter warmup (400m slow-400m moderate jog), approx 5 mins
----
Alternating, 200m sprints @ no slower than 25 sec pace (or 100% effort), and slow jog 200m... so slow jog, kick out a sprint, slow jog, kick out a sprint, until desired level of puke is reached... luckily I've always had the benefit of a track and training partner, so this is what has worked for me. I also like 100m sprints, 200m jogs/300m sprints, 100m jogs... just depends on what feels best for you really.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
I jacked up my cardio to 3 hours of raquetball per week. I highly recommend playing sports. It takes your mind off the fact that your doing cardio. Running is the most boring thing ever in my opinion. So far, I've had nice results doing this.

WYD