Swiss ball routine

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
Iv'e read a lot of people have had great results training their abs with a swiss ball.. anyway has anyone here tried it? also do they know any good ab routines to use with it? let me know!

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
also if anyone has seen a website or knows a good full body routine using the swiss ball let me know

Clintdogg

Clintdogg

Awards
This may take awhile, but i got nothing else to do so here you go.

Swiss Ball Pull-In

Get in a push up position, placing your lower shins on top of the swiss ball, toes pointed away from head. Keeping your back straight, slowly pull your knees in toward your chest, allowing the ball to roll foreward. Pause and Contract you abs at the end of the movement. Straighten your legs rolling the ball back to the start. Keep your back straight and tight through out the move. Repeat.

Tip: To automatically tighten your upper abs, try tucking your chin into your chest during the entire movement.

Swiss Ball Twist

Sit on a swiss ball with your feet placed firmly on the floor. Place a dumbbell on your chest and roll your body forward until only your head and shoulders are in contact with the ball. Straighten and tighten your lower back and raise your hips so they're only slightly lower than your shoulders. Raise the dumbbell over your chest until your arms are locked out. Twist your body to one side, beginning the rotation from your hips. Allow head to follow your hands. Twist your torso until your arms are parallel to the floor. Pause, then return the the starting position and repeat to the other side.

Tip: Dont add any weight the first time you try this exercise in order to learn proper form.

Swiss Ball Crunch with Rope

Grasp a rope attachment from a low cable pulley, then sit on a Swiss ball and place your feet firmly on the floor. SLowly slide forward, rolling the bottom half of your glutes off the ball until your back is firmly atop the ball, Hold the handles of the rope attachment at both sides of your head. Crunch forward, squeezing your abs at the top of the movement. Slowyly lower yourself to the starting point and repeat.

Tip: THis can be dont with a dumbbell as well.

Swiss Ball Rollout

Kneel infront of a Swiss ball, placing your hands on top of the ball with only a slight bend in your elbows. Slowly allow the ball to roll forward, until your upper body is as parallel to the ground as possible. Pause, then return to the starting position and repeat.

Tip: Keep your back as straight as you can thoughtout the movement.

there are others like the regular crunch but i didnt feel like typin them out. they're taken from muscle and fitness from awhile ago.