barbells or dumbbells

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what do most of you guys use and which one and why do you like one or the other.i think db work better for some reasone but for some reasone i find myself all ways doing barbells stuff like flat bench incline bench etc.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what do most of you guys use and which one and why do you like one or the other.i think db work better for some reasone but for some reasone i find myself all ways doing barbells stuff like flat bench incline bench etc.
I use both barbells and dumbbells. Each has their own place in a training programme, and both should be included.

~Rosie~

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
specifically for flat bench, i only do DB. reason is number one, my right shoulder is screwed up..number two, i feel it more with DB and i tend to think BB BENCH is more for sports and powerlifting. but many bodybuilders wont go without it.

Kellyflan1

Kellyflan1

Awards
I'm forced to use BBs more often than not for bench, military etc due to shoulder issues. I prefer DBs because it forces the weaker side to work as hard as the strong side.

DaJaP

DaJaP

Awards
Alternate between bb's and db's as much as you can. They each serve a different purpose, and you'll see a more solid gain

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok thanks yea my shoulder has been killing me when doing bb stuff like bench incline etc.i did db yesterday and it was much better i just wanted to make sure i am not cheeting myself by doing db.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if anything, db recruits more auxiliary muscles so you get a better workout with them.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Evil Eagle

Awards
With my training I use dbs much more often for the simple fact that it feels so much more natural to me.

Sent from my Android device