cardio before or after training?

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys I have posted on other treads with my main goal being to drop from 250 down to 180-190 with lean muscle as possible. I currently do 25 minute treadmill and then my workout on weights and natalus. Is this ok for someone wanting to drop weight and maintain some mass as well? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
GO BEARS!!!!!

Anyhow, best way is to split it up.... Cardio in the morning with weights at night or other way around.

After is alright too altho I'm usually dead an just want to eat and go home.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I agree. If you do cardio and weights in the same day, try to do them about 6-8 hours apart if you can. I prefer to do cardio in the morning for the boost in metabolism and I usually feel better all day energy wise.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok thanks guys very much. I work 10 hour shifts monday through thursday and off every friday through sunday. It gets hard for me to do both morning and afternoon, because I have to be at work by 6 and don't get off til 4:30 p.m. Do you guys recommend any exercises that would be good for dropping fat in chest and stomach area?

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
If you maintain adequate sports nutrition, you can weight lift and do cardiorespiratory exercise in the same session. With the goals you've outlined, I'd suggest more cardiorespiratory exercise over resistance.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok well don't laugh lol but can you give me some advice on which ones to use or best routines. I honelty do treadmill as only form of cardio at the moment. Mostley do to being so out of shape cardiovascular wise. I like the track too but not during winter lol. I'm up to any help. Thanks

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Ok well don't laugh lol but can you give me some advice on which ones to use or best routines. I honelty do treadmill as only form of cardio at the moment. Mostley do to being so out of shape cardiovascular wise. I like the track too but not during winter lol. I'm up to any help. Thanks
Any piece of equipment that allows you to do work while maintaining an elevated heart rate is sufficient (mainly, what keeps you enthused about exercise). In the case of weightloss, it boils down to caloric expenditure. If you're training for a performance event, or an athlete it can vary diversely.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stair master

Treadmill

Cross trainer or elliptical

I wear a heart rate monitor to make sure I keep my heart rate where I want it.