Total body to split training and PH timing

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if I should post this in the Anabolics subforum, or here, but it seemed more of a training question to me...

I'm waiting for my all my on-cycle and PCT supplements to come in before starting my cycle, but was wondering about the timing of changing up my training regime. I'm currently in my 2nd round of SS Practical Programming, and will be moving to a 4d/wk split program during the cycle.

My question is when I should start the change in my workout program. My muscles certainly feel tired and worked after each training day, but not really sore. In the past, I've always gotten a bit sore after switching to a split program from a TBT program, and had to take the first week a lil easy before really hitting it hard from the 2nd wk on. Given that PH's will decrease recovery time, I don't think this will be an issue, but I just don't want this to be a bad thing. In other words, should I wait to "shock" my muscles w/ a new training regime at the same time I start my cycle, or should I do the shocking before?

Thanks.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if I should post this in the Anabolics subforum, or here, but it seemed more of a training question to me...

I'm waiting for my all my on-cycle and PCT supplements to come in before starting my cycle, but was wondering about the timing of changing up my training regime. I'm currently in my 2nd round of SS Practical Programming, and will be moving to a 4d/wk split program during the cycle.

My question is when I should start the change in my workout program. My muscles certainly feel tired and worked after each training day, but not really sore. In the past, I've always gotten a bit sore after switching to a split program from a TBT program, and had to take the first week a lil easy before really hitting it hard from the 2nd wk on. Given that PH's will decrease recovery time, I don't think this will be an issue, but I just don't want this to be a bad thing. In other words, should I wait to "shock" my muscles w/ a new training regime at the same time I start my cycle, or should I do the shocking before?

Thanks.
Have you looked at Berardi's 'Growth Surge Project'? Works for me. Good luck.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
there's nothing wrong with changing the routine when you start the cycle, so long as you keep lifting that way during PCT.

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Ok, thanks for the input.

The past 2 workouts for me have been rather... not so great... most of my lifts have stalled even though I just rest last week. I guess now would be a good time to deload and maybe a bit of cardio before hitting the gym hard w/ a 4-day split when I start my cycle. :)

Secretive

Awards
Id probably give you a week or 2 to iron out kinks in the body part split before you start a cycle on it. A BP split is a big difference than a full body, mentally and physically, so it might be best to get "in the groove" on a routine before you start a cycle on it

For example lets say you make up a split and some of the exercises dont mesh as well as you thought they would, you wouldn't want to have a bunk workout on cycle for that reason

Also, you might see gains just from the swap itself, certain muscle groups might puff up a little bit right off the bat

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
My preloading week will be the week where I run the new split, actually a 5-day split. I posted the routine in another thread. I've done all the lifts before, and don't have any concerns about it "meshing" well or not. If I feel that it's not working well, I can always delay my cycle a week no prob.