full body routines to start every workout?

R

Rjp

Awards
So I was wondering what everyone thought about doing one full body movement or excersise to start your workout everyday say dead lifts, one armed db squats with overhead raises ect would this be good to help strengthin ur core any benifits,

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I use to do full body routines when I started working out and I could tell you DON'T. Just do one body part a week except calves, you could do them twice a week cause there big muscles and recover faster.Abs once a week maybe twice. Just Google a workout routine for what your trying to accomplish. Or go to body building dot com and look one up there.

Edit: NEVER do the same exercise everyday. NEVER!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I was wondering what everyone thought about doing one full body movement or excersise to start your workout everyday say dead lifts, one armed db squats with overhead raises ect would this be good to help strengthin ur core any benifits,
Compound, multijoint lifts should be the BASE of your resistance training regime. So, yes, doing a "full body movement or exercise" is a great way to start off your training - or even for ALL of your training.

I use to do full body routines when I started working out and I could tell you DON'T. Just do one body part a week except calves, you could do them twice a week cause there big muscles and recover faster.Abs once a week maybe twice. Just Google a workout routine for what your trying to accomplish. Or go to body building dot com and look one up there.

Full-Body resistance sessions are great for beginners or to use as HIT sessions. Even experienced trainees can do Full-Body routines and get results - I do; just check out some of my training sessions in my logs. It just depends on the goals and needs of the individual. You can also do the same exercises every day - although this too depends primarily on your goals and needs, and is not often done, unless one is generally a beginner starting out with say a Full-Body Circuit routine, etc.

At the end of the day, it's about designing a training programme SPECIFIC to the individual's goals AND needs. Everyone is different and what works and is best for one person is not necessarily going to be effective or give the same results for another.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Compound, multijoint lifts should be the BASE of your resistance training regime. So, yes, doing a "full body movement or exercise" is a great way to start off your training - or even for ALL of your training.

Full-Body resistance sessions are great for beginners or to use as HIT sessions. Even experienced trainees can do Full-Body routines and get results - I do; just check out some of my training sessions in my logs. It just depends on the goals and needs of the individual. You can also do the same exercises every day - although this too depends primarily on your goals and needs, and is not often done, unless one is generally a beginner starting out with say a Full-Body Circuit routine, etc.

At the end of the day, it's about designing a training programme SPECIFIC to the individual's goals AND needs. Everyone is different and what works and is best for one person is not necessarily going to be effective or give the same results for another.
Excellent post.

Horrible post.

If you can't do the same exercise everyday, then I guess the USMC, Army, Navy, Air Force, and other branches of the Armed Forces are all wrong. I at one time could do 75 straight push ups because of doing them everyday in the Marine Corps.

And as mentioned by Rosie, full body routines are actually ideal for beginners because of the opportunity for the use of progressive overload more times per week than just once. Not to mention, full body routines also put more overall stress on the endocrine system and therefore has a greater release of testosterone and other anabolic hormones during workouts.

Splits didn't show up until steroids started getting popular anyway. I'm not saying anything negative about steroids, I'm just saying splits work better generally for someone on juice and full body tends to work better for people that are natural or just starting out.

Muscle just doesn't need seven days to be trained again. Muscle actually can repair in as little as 48 hours.

Read this-

http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/training/9103-split-training-all-wrong.html

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I totally concur with the above post. Full Body Routines are a favorite of mine, and though I may stray from them to try something new, I always end up returning to them.

And the concept of overtraining is drastically overblown - sleep long, eat a lot and you will be able to build your training capacity without issue. I've performed 2-a-day full-body routines 4 day a week for months without overtraining; often squatting or dl'ing 4 times a week. I've also done 5-day FB routines with over 50 sets per bodypart per week.

And I did this naturally. It's all just a matter of progressive load, volume and intensity, with proper deloading and recovery.

For a beginner, 3days a week Full Body is great. Squats, Deads, Push-Press, Bench, Front Squats, Chins and Dips. Pick two or three of those, toss in some accessory movements and you're good to go.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Excellent post.

Horrible post.

If you can't do the same exercise everyday, then I guess the USMC, Army, Navy, Air Force, and other branches of the Armed Forces are all wrong. I at one time could do 75 straight push ups because of doing them everyday in the Marine Corps.

And as mentioned by Rosie, full body routines are actually ideal for beginners because of the opportunity for the use of progressive overload more times per week than just once. Not to mention, full body routines also put more overall stress on the endocrine system and therefore has a greater release of testosterone and other anabolic hormones during workouts.

Splits didn't show up until steroids started getting popular anyway. I'm not saying anything negative about steroids, I'm just saying splits work better generally for someone on juice and full body tends to work better for people that are natural or just starting out.

Muscle just doesn't need seven days to be trained again. Muscle actually can repair in as little as 48 hours.

Read this-

http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/training/9103-split-training-all-wrong.html

Let me start off by saying DAMN! I saw his post and saw no responds so rather than typing "bump" I decided to type a respond to get the things going. Now I should of been gone more detailed rather than saying never do the same exercise everyday but I was tired as hell so and I couldn't even see what I was typing so I just made it as short as possible and didn't think it through. What I meant was if your going to hit the gym everyday and try to max out, like most beginners I see doing, I would not recommend doing the same exercise everyday. Also a beginner is not going to have the greatest diet and more than 95% of them are not going to sleep enough for there body to recover. So he or she might get more out of split training so there muscles would have couple of days to recover. Also don't people on steroids hit the gym twice a day cause there body recovers faster, cause of the steroids or strong "PHs"?!

R

Rjp

Awards
Excelent feedback from everyone I didn't exspect to see so many responses.I have had a prety consistant routine for a long time I Switch my workouts every few months and have focused on mass and lean mass although I stray away form the 6 rep range and shoot for 8 to 10 reps and five sets and always raise my weight for each set,I guess what I'm getting at is trying to make my core a bit stronger and put more focus on my deadlift and similar routines and was thinking or trying to see what benifits I would get from starting my workouts with ones of these, I hope that makes sense to everyone

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
check out dc training. once i went to that it changed everything for me and now i cant seem to get a decent wo in if it isnt dc

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
A full body routine like Starting Strength would be your best routine if you're just starting out. If you're already met your linear progress through a routine like starting strength though, then doing something like DC, MaxOT, Bill Starrs, program, Texas Method, HST, etc. would be good for you.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What I meant was if your going to hit the gym everyday and try to max out, like most beginners I see doing, I would not recommend doing the same exercise everyday. Also a beginner is not going to have the greatest diet and more than 95% of them are not going to sleep enough for there body to recover.
This is true generally - I would not have a beginner workout 5+ days/week.
However, every "beginner" has to get their diet and sleep regimen in check sometime. May as well be now, because they're only selling themselves short until they do. Settling for a crappy workout routine because you have crappy discipline just makes you a wuss. That's a hypothetical "you", btw, not directed at you Lue. ;)

So he or she might get more out of split training so there muscles would have couple of days to recover. Also don't people on steroids hit the gym twice a day cause there body recovers faster, cause of the steroids or strong "PHs"?!
No. Full body routines require more conditioning. To be brief, they're harder. So a beginner, who's out of shape, will get more out a full body routine. Sure, you'll recover better from a split, but you'll also adapt less and maintain a lower anaerobic capacity. Why do think so many guys get sick on leg day? Because they only squat once a week and their conditioning sucks ass! Believe me, get yourself used to squatting 3+ times a week and "leg day sickness" becomes a laughable memory.

Steroids are not strong PHs. They're just "Hs" - steroid are hormones. Yes, you can hit the gym twice a day on cycle. But, as I pointed out in my previous post, there is no reason why a properly conditioned natural athlete can't do them too.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
This is true generally - I would not have a beginner workout 5+ days/week.
However, every "beginner" has to get their diet and sleep regimen in check sometime. May as well be now, because they're only selling themselves short until they do.

No. Full body routines require more conditioning. In summary, they're harder. So a beginner, who's out of shape, will get more out a full body routine. Sure, you'll recover better from a split, but you'll also adapt less and maintain a lower anaerobic capacity. Why do think so many guys get sick on leg day? Because they only squat once a week and their conditioning sucks ass! Believe me, get yourself used to squatting 3+ times a week and "leg day sickness" becomes a laughable memory.

Steroids are not strong PHs. They're just "Hs" - steroid are hormones. Yes, you can hit the gym twice a day on cycle. But, as I pointed out in my previous post, there is no reason why a properly conditioned natural athlete can't do them too.
I didn't mean steroids are strong PH I meant that PH are still kinda of steroids so people that are on strong PH,or even some that a kinda in the middle, hit the gym twice a day cause oh its benefits of helping recover.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't mean steroids are strong PH I meant that PH are still kinda of steroids so people that are on strong PH,or even some that a kinda in the middle, hit the gym twice a day cause oh its benefits of helping recover.
Sure, that's pretty much why people take anabolics of any kind - for better recovery and, therefore, higher training capacity.