Backwards Cheat Day

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For some of you folks out there the problem is not eating too much, but eating enough. Pounding 450-500 grams of protein a day can be real drag day in day out as in my case. When it comes to a cheat day for me, it's often eating light and only consuming 250-300 grams protein and not eating any meals to capacity. For guys out there without a big appetite, doing this once a week instead of being a total pig for a day can be more productive. The following day or two appetite is usually much higher and allows anything potentially lost to more than made up for.

Iron Addict

Skark

Awards
  • Established
Much respect to you guys who can pound 400g of protein a day.

In my case, since I am dieting down from a whopping 410 lbs to 225 (am 239 now), I just can't eat that much. Thats where Glutamine peptides and BCAA have been a lifesaver, I can still build muscle while losing 1.1 lbs a week for over 2 years. My norm is 2000 cals with 150-200g protein.

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the progress. You seem like you have a great handle on things with your realistic rate of progress (MOST guys would have went WAY extreme and been stalemated QUICKLY), and the patience to keep at it.

Iron Addict

MMC77

Awards
For some of you folks out there the problem is not eating too much, but eating enough. Pounding 450-500 grams of protein a day can be real drag day in day out as in my case. When it comes to a cheat day for me, it's often eating light and only consuming 250-300 grams protein and not eating any meals to capacity. For guys out there without a big appetite, doing this once a week instead of being a total pig for a day can be more productive. The following day or two appetite is usually much higher and allows anything potentially lost to more than made up for.

Iron Addict
Definately! This works wonders for ridding yourself of that bloated feeling. The next day your appetite and digestion will be much healthier.