Have you ever reduced or increased your training and then saw bigger gains?

bigshoulders

Awards
Simple question..

Have you ever reduced or increased your training and then saw bigger gains as result?

I think I'm undertraining, so going to try working out harder :shhh:

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Simple question..

Have you ever reduced or increased your training and then saw bigger gains as result?

I think I'm undertraining, so going to try working out harder :shhh:
Of course, that's what trail and error are all about.

Most of the time it's people doing too much rather than too little.

bigshoulders

Awards
Cool, have both scenarios happened to you personally?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have definitely gotten better results from switching to DC training which is a pretty low volume workout structure

Jaysannn22

Jaysannn22

Banned
Awards
Simple question..

yeah i noticed that one week i would thrash my legs in a brutal work out and then the following week i would not do them at all. Then the week after, my strength gains would up to 50lbs or more when i hit them again. It was weird, but cool.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah. i reduced my workouts and exploded

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Since I switched from a High Volume to Low Volume(DC) I have gone from 185 to as high as 240

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think most guys do over workout. Not to the point of overly stressing CNS, but overstimulating tissue for growth. I have one friend who in doing leg presses for instance does about 15-18 sets total because he has his feet positioned in different ways to hit the muscles from so many angles. And the same for chest, he probably does 7 different exercises for 4-5 sets each, which is just ridiculous. But going to the gym is his "hobby" so he likes being there an hour and a half to two hours.

bigshoulders

Awards
Personally I've gone from 150 to 200 pounds, (3/4s of it muscle), by doing very low volume but high intensity. I'm talking only 4-5 sets per bodypart once per week total.

But I've been around 200 pounds for a long while now, and am now starting to see new progress by basically increasing how much I do, while keeping the intensity high, doing 8-10 heavy sets per muscle group every 5 days (rather than 4-5 once per week).

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
I felt like I was over training so I started doing DC and only three weeks into it my size and strenght are up a considerable amount. I think Ill stick with low volume training for a while.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
Training back is about all I need for biceps. Occasionally I'll add concentration curls. Its easy for me to over train my shoulders and cause them to stop growing. My chest is opposite.