Gain 1 inch on your arms in one month

mcgeier

mcgeier

Awards
  • Established
Is this possible?
My arms were always my lacking parts.
No I decided to try this:
I will train my arms 3x per week and only my arms nothing else.
I am also currently using 1t-Tren by PP.
Do you think you can gain one inch with this routine in one month?
Or should I also do sone isolation excercise which only effect the arms to a litlle degree(e.g. Butterfly, Cable crosses,Deadlifts,..)?
Which workout is better?

Monday: Arms
Thuesday: off
Wednesday: Arms
Thuersday:eek:ff
Friday: Arms
Saturday/Sunday:eek:ff

or:

Monday: Back(Deadlift,Hyperextension only)
Thuesday: Arms
Wednesday: off
Thuersday:Chest/Shoulders(only isolations)
Sat/Sun:eek:ff

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
arms 3 times a week and nothing else, really?

i'd say both are pretty poo, no legs either

mcgeier

mcgeier

Awards
  • Established
So if there is any, can someone suggest me an workout regime for one inch in one month? Just read through Anabloic Xtremes Program and its pretty much the same as mine.

DipsRus

Awards
Chin ups (palms facing you), and weighted dips are a great way to add mass to the arms. Hammer curls too. I wouldn't neglect the other body parts. Did you ever see someone with huge arms, and a scrawny back, chest, and shoulders? (didn't think so.)

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Starting Size Surge today and my goal is to add 1 1/2 inches to my arms. I will do it!

Anyone out there use the Arm Blaster? I have one and use it quite often.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Chin ups (palms facing you), and weighted dips are a great way to add mass to the arms. Hammer curls too. I wouldn't neglect the other body parts. Did you ever see someone with huge arms, and a scrawny back, chest, and shoulders? (didn't think so.)
Right on with that! Also, I believe a big part to big guns is working the forearms. I rarely see guys in the gym working this most important part. I love Larry Scott's book on the subject.

mcgeier

mcgeier

Awards
  • Established
Ofcourse, but I will only give them a break for a month.(By the way they are really in great shape but the arms arent:sick:)

DipsRus

Awards
I just got an Arm Blaster a month ago. It does seem to hit the lower part of the bicep pretty hard compared to standard curls. I'm cycling off of it for a few weeks to do standard *slightly cheated* BB curls. (8 strict, then the rest with a little cheating.) I'll go back to it again after that.

I just got through my beginner "surge" of strength, did a back off period, and now I'm making good gains again. I have added hammers and chin-ups and the biceps have grown 1/4" in the last 2-3 weeks. In March I was 15 1/4", now I'm 16 1/4". I honestly think the strict chin-ups I do (and Dips!) have gotten me over the hump. But, as all men MUST do, I love doing BB curls :)

xink

Awards
  • Established
I had (still have I guess...) ridiculously small arms about 4-6 months ago and had been working them out (the wrong way) for a few years with no significant growth!

Long story short, I ended up increasing the weight, lowering the reps and really pushed myself more all around, the results? I put on about an inch and change in about 4 or so months.

It takes time and work - not magic and one month.

DipsRus

Awards
Ofcourse, but I will only give them a break for a month.(By the way they are really in great shape but the arms arent:sick:)
Ok, good to see you know that, and you have a good back/chest. I wouldn't let them go though, why don't you just "carry" them? (just do like 1-2 sets a weeks for a couple of exercises for each part, it won't tire you out much but it'll stop those parts from shrinking.)

I've been using this routine and loving it, and I think it gives the arms a pretty good shot:

Day 1: Chest/Back

(I vary work set amounts for pretty much everything, cycling from 1-3 for each exercise.....usually 2 though.)
Flat Bench/Machine press (depending on spotter availability)
Straight arm lat pulldowns or pullovers (pre-exaust lats)
Pull-ups/pulldown behind neck. (I change it up, sometimes doing both)
Incline DB press
Cable rows
Pec dec flys
Rear delt on pec dec (I know it's shoulders, but I don't have that at home, where I do my shoulder/arm workout....been working for me anyways.)
Dips (emphasis on tri's for now, but will do wider grip for chest soon...again, don't have the means to do this at home but it's been working.)
Chins (palms facing you, so biceps get hit hard, and I do them strictly.)
DB shrugs
Abs

Day 2: Off

Day 3: Shoulders/Arms (at home, makes it easier for me to keep up with this routine and work.)
DB overhead press
Upright Rows (Barbell)
Lateral Raises
Rear delt raises (dumbell this time)
Overhead EZ-Curl Tricep extensions
Barbell Curls
Lying Dumbell tricep extensions
various DB curls for biceps (I change it up often between workouts)
Sometimes I'll throw in some close grip pushups as a finisher for triceps.

Day 4: Legs
(the standard stuff, doesn't really effect arms so I'm not going to bore you.)

Day 5: Off

Then repeat cycle: Chest/Back.

As you can see, the arms get hit good 2 out of every 5 days with this routine, I give the extra day off (since 5 is an odd number) to chest/back because that's where you make the most amount of muscle. :) (arms/shoulders get 48 hours rest, chest/back 72 between arm usage.)
If the 5 day frequency is too much, either take an occasional extra day off, back off week, or just make it a 6 day routine with an extra day of rest between shoulders/arms and leg day....it'd probably work for a 7 day routine as well.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I tried something similar to this recently and ended up aggravating my arm by over training the result was tendonitis, I cant say for sure that was the only reason I got it but over training arms was a major contribution to the outcome!

If you do train arms 3x per week go easy on the weights, but in anycase 1 inch in a month is out of reach unless you're going to take some gear, good luck!

mcgeier

mcgeier

Awards
  • Established
Will try this routine for the next month. Will also use m-drol and pp 1 t- tren. Will report my results.

NFLforNBA

NFLforNBA

Awards
try 20 rep squat program it make testosterone or try full body workouts i gained like 4 pounds in 1 week

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
why not just do chest/tri's/front and mid delts on monday and thursday, and back/bi/rear delts on tuesday and friday? then wednesday for legs/forearms? that's still a complete workout but your arms are hit twice a week.... that's what i do anyways.

being on an anabolic, especially tren, you're shorting yourself if you don't train the rest of your body. at least that's my opinion.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
It's well possible if you are feeding regularly and on gear, ds. However, no matter what, it's not going to be lean muscle

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Is this possible?
My arms were always my lacking parts.
No I decided to try this:
I will train my arms 3x per week and only my arms nothing else.
I am also currently using 1t-Tren by PP.
Do you think you can gain one inch with this routine in one month?
Or should I also do sone isolation excercise which only effect the arms to a litlle degree(e.g. Butterfly, Cable crosses,Deadlifts,..)?
Which workout is better?

Monday: Arms
Thuesday: off
Wednesday: Arms
Thuersday:eek:ff
Saturday/Sunday:eek:ff

or:

Monday: Back(Deadlift,Hyperextension only)
Thuesday: Arms
Wednesday: off
Thuersday:Chest/Shoulders(only isolations)
Sat/Sun:eek:ff
I'd stick with the BIG lifts and working arms directly 2x a week. Have you ever tried POF?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i think u can do just as fine if u u have say a day just for arms. 1 month. then the next month do biceps after back and tris after chest. and try to match the weights u did when doing just arms. ive done that and my arms are 16 inches flexed at 173ish pounds.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Working biceps with back or triceps with chest doesn't make sense to me. Trashing your biceps with back work, then attacking the biceps which will not be as strong. What's the point beside that they're warmed up pretty good from the back work. Working back & triceps and chest w/ biceps makes more sense. Just my opinion and it's only that. What do the rest of you think on this topic?

DipsRus

Awards
I agree. My 3 way split is different than you described in some ways, but it does pretty much give arms their own day. Since I've done this my arms get a much better workout than they used to. Now I sometimes do MORE on my 2nd set than my first, something I could never do in my old upper/lower split.