Hurt my back....keep working out?

IamSOFAking

IamSOFAking

Banned
Awards
i hurt myself today doing deadlifts. i tried doing 315 and my back went crack. should i still workout? i am in pct of a hdrol cycle week4 starting and i don't want to get gyno. i have a little hard rock in the center of my tit and i am scared. what should i do. my back is sore.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Dude, I told you not to do weights you can't handle. You don't even have the form down on Deadlifts. I didn't say that to be a d*ck I was looking out for you. Take some time off and relax.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Definitely take some time off to let the back heal. It's good to take a few days off from lifting every couple of weeks. I usually work out for 6-8 weeks and then take an off week, where no lifting occurs. Come up with a schedule that your body agrees with.

Continue with your PCT cycle; just because your not lifting doesn't mean you shouldn't finish your PCT.

Just my 2 Cents,
WB

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
:toofunny:

Ok, seriously... did it crack, pop, pull? Still hurt? When you breathe?

You can still workout if you tweaked it a little.

IamSOFAking

IamSOFAking

Banned
Awards
it hurts when i walk and sit and i heard a crack. you are right pr my form isnt good but i getz 275 up for 4 so i though i could do 315

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Form is everything on Deads. I wouldn't jump up 40 pounds until you had at least 6 comfortably with good form.

Regardless, if you choose to continue to work through the pain, avoid deads... perhaps forever.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Regardless, if you choose to continue to work through the pain, avoid deads... perhaps forever.

LoL agreed;=).

You could seriously mess yourself up doing deads in the wrong position. Squats as well, or any exercise for that matter. Ask someone at your gym to help with technique, if possible.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm at the gym nearly everyday when he works out so he has no excuse.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Deads are NOT for lats... you need to speak with Jay in the gym.

How many pullups can you do?

IamSOFAking

IamSOFAking

Banned
Awards
i can do maybe 5 but i can do alot on the assisted machine. pr does like 20-30 and i cant do that much.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
i can do maybe 5 but i can do alot on the assisted machine. pr does like 20-30 and i cant do that much.
I can show you what you need to do and how to do it. I hate people coming up to me and asking how I got muscles and stuff and what "supps" they need to take to get the way I am. If you are serious about lifting and don't want to get injured just ask bro. I work right across the hall from you. You could also pop through the threads on here and ask some guys some advice. The last thing you want is a bad injury.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Get to 20 someday, and you'll have big lats. Pullups are THE lat exercise.

IamSOFAking

IamSOFAking

Banned
Awards
if i do alot on the assisted machine until im tired will i get wings?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I can show you what you need to do and how to do it. I hate people coming up to me and asking how I got muscles and stuff and what "supps" they need to take to get the way I am. If you are serious about lifting and don't want to get injured just ask bro. I work right across the hall from you. You could also pop through the threads on here and ask some guys some advice. The last thing you want is a bad injury.
Gah, that is the WORST.

The trainer at my gym that is yoked... I just ask him about exercises, and LISTEN. I'm very fortunate to have really experienced guys at my gym.

I do NOT ask him about supps / roids because its none of my f*cking business.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Not big wings. You'll get stronger though.

Before your back days... or sh*t... 3 times a week. Stand by the pullup bar. DON'T LEAVE till you get 30. Rest all you need to. Then go finish your workout. That will get you where you want to be.

Eventually you'll want to work in some single arm lat pulldowns.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Gah, that is the WORST.

The trainer at my gym that is yoked... I just ask him about exercises, and LISTEN. I'm very fortunate to have really experienced guys at my gym.

I do NOT ask him about supps / roids because its none of my f*cking business.

Yea I know, lots of people think take "x" and look like "him". Ridiculous. I just say LOTS of food. You can usually tell the serious ones from the wannabes.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Yea I know, lots of people think take "x" and look like "him". Ridiculous. I just say LOTS of food. You can usually tell the serious ones from the wannabes.
Alright bro. Stay safe out there. Off to Philly.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
F*ck assisted
That is the best advice Timber and GMG ever gave me and they have given me plenty of it.

They said 5 unassisted pullups is better than 10+ assisted. I got to where I can knock out a set of legit unassisted pullups for 10 and then my reps go down, but I still aim for 30 per back workout.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Are you hurt or are you injured. If you are hurt do some active recovery when it starts to feel a little better. If you are injured go see a doc.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I fugged up my back a couple weeks ago. Took 2 weeks before its pain free. I was scared it was bad, and the first week was the most intense pain I have ever felt(medic said it was an inflamed muscle smashing a Nerve). Its better now, but when I do deads for my new OVT routine, they are gona be pussy weight. Why? Because I rather be able to go heavy and hard later, than to screw myself now.

Rest, Not doing your back isnt going to give you gyno....I am sure you can still pull off some active training. But taking a week off at week 4 of an h-drol PCT really shouldnt be too bad. (no i have not used, I just study it daily and learn from all the information on here, other sites, and web).

My back popped, then started popping even if I turned or did a sit up. That day it didnt bother me, next day I was laying on the floor of a room in my house ripping my hair out rolling in pain groaning and yelling.... I am fine today(as far as I can see). Take it easy. I see people get ripped off of working out without weights(army/marines) so you can definitely maintain a decent workout by dropping back workouts. Then again almost every muscle in one way or another route into your back, so be careful.

Honestly when it comes to an injured back, I would worry more about it than gyno. Even if somehow gyno came on, it is surgically possible to fix...a fugged up back is a permanent thing. Messed up backs are one of the hardest things to treat. That is why I was so scared. Let it heal. Check ur pride.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Deads are NOT for lats... you need to speak with Jay in the gym.

How many pullups can you do?
Oh really. . . I think you need to do some research on Deads because it aids in back thickness and width.
As far as the injury. . . Do not lift heavy at all for the time being, avoid anything that will compress your spine, overhead lifts, squats etc. Also, make sure you avoid bending over and bent over excercises. I would get it checked out as well because I have 2 herniated discs and let me tell you if you continue to lift with sub par form you will not be lifting for around a year. It has taken me about 1 year to rehab my discs not fun. . .

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this a serious thread?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Oh really. . . I think you need to do some research on Deads because it aids in back thickness and width.
As far as the injury. . . Do not lift heavy at all for the time being, avoid anything that will compress your spine, overhead lifts, squats etc. Also, make sure you avoid bending over and bent over excercises. I would get it checked out as well because I have 2 herniated discs and let me tell you if you continue to lift with sub par form you will not be lifting for around a year. It has taken me about 1 year to rehab my discs not fun. . .
How about you shut your face.

Good luck with your lats on DL's. Deads work the entire back, but its certainly not the best exercise for "big wings" or whatever the f*ck he's looking for.

Also, you must have beautiful form being that you have 2 herniated disks. Please, give me more advice.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Pinching a nerve is one thing( Ive done that plenty of times) but a "crack" in the back?

Ouch, that hurts just thinking about. Def take some time off bro and heal that up.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
The op should go to a chiro, preferably one experienced in sports related injuries. I did the same thing a couple months ago. Yes, I am dogmatic about good form, but on rep 5 of a set, I barely relaxed for a split second, and crack 3 times. Immediately it felt like someone shoved a knife in my side. The nerve pinched and I couldn't move, it felt like I had a vise squeezing on my lower back and entire hip girdle. You need to have an adjustment to get back into alignment and release the pinched nerve. The muscle around the injury will inflamme and be sore. A chiro is what you need.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Ok bud. Tough love time.

Stop being a pansy and pull your f*cking weight up. How the hell did you get through boot camp? The assisted machines are for your mom to do pull ups on. Not you.

1 real pull up will get you further than 20 assisted pull ups IMO. Exercises with your bodyweight make you grown and your body react fast. Do as many pull ups as you can until you get to 40 pull ups. I don't care how many sets it takes you. Do this EVERY back day. You will grow and get stronger.

Mind over matter dude.

As far as the gyno is concerned... nolva or torem. make sure you taper down your AI.

Gotta pay the cost to be the boss.

edit:

Wait, WTF are you taking Hdrol for if you can only do 5 pull ups and deadlift 275 with poor form? All you gotta do is eat food dude. The strength you gained from the Hdrol is probably what ended up getting you hurt. Learn to lift before you start supplementing, and learn to supplement properly before you start running cycles.

Take Jay's advice. Learn from him, and if he is a d*ck to you, then so be it... it's tough love and you will be better off because of it.

IamSOFAking

IamSOFAking

Banned
Awards
good day in the gym yesterday, i got 9 pullups with jay's words and assistance, he also showed me how to deadlift properly and i got 315x3 but my grip is weak. thanks everyone and G my back is ok, just sore i think

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Youre not whacking off enough then :slap:

:gay:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Ok bud. Tough love time.

Stop being a pansy and pull your f*cking weight up. How the hell did you get through boot camp? The assisted machines are for your mom to do pull ups on. Not you.

1 real pull up will get you further than 20 assisted pull ups IMO. Exercises with your bodyweight make you grown and your body react fast. Do as many pull ups as you can until you get to 40 pull ups. I don't care how many sets it takes you. Do this EVERY back day. You will grow and get stronger.

Mind over matter dude.

As far as the gyno is concerned... nolva or torem. make sure you taper down your AI.

edit:

Wait, WTF are you taking Hdrol for if you can only do 5 pull ups and deadlift 275 with poor form? All you gotta do is eat food dude. The strength you gained from the Hdrol is probably what ended up getting you hurt. Learn to lift before you start supplementing, and learn to supplement properly before you start running cycles.

Take Jay's advice. Learn from him, and if he is a d*ck to you, then so be it... it's tough love and you will be better off because of it.
Quoting for precedence

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Ok bud. Tough love time.

Mind over matter dude.

edit:

i had to learn this lesson the hard way as well. Back in high school, IrishCannon had to show me good form and body mechanics before he would tell me about any kind of supps to gain weight and muscle. But with his help and my dedication to perfect form on deadlifts, i ended up finishing a four part set of deadlifts with 405x8, never got hurt, never took PH or Roids.

You can do whatever you set your mind to, just remember how important form is before you go and really eff up your back, permanently!