Simple NO-Xplode q?

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
You're supposed to take NO-Xplode, or any main stream pre-work-out NO drink, 30-45 min before workout, on an empty stomach (ie 1 hr after a shake or 2 hrs after a reg meal) but it's counter-intuitive to go to the gym on an empty stomach. Instead of waiting an hour after a protein shake, could you take your NO product, wait 20 minutes, then take your protein and then hit the gym 20 min after that? That way you'd have the benefits of the NO on an empty stomach with the allotted time before the gym, and you'd be able to have protein and carbs (i like waxy maize starch in my pre w/o shakes) to fuel your workout. This may be what most people do, idk but i haven't read it here yet...let me know if this works or not, thanks.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Empty stomach is rather misleading to most. Your stomach is pretty much empty 15 minutes after eating. A lot of times I'll drink a shake, get dressed for the gym and then drink a pre-workout concoction. Don't stress over the empty stomach labeling.

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
really? i do stress over that and always plan my meals around it while attempting minimal interference with my diet...why would they label it like that if it weren't the best way to do it? Better instructions=better results=more satisfied customers=more $$$

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
well i think a great way to fix taht is just take some BCAA or leucine b4 workouts instead of protein...:woohoo:

i have always found taht large amounts of amino acids combined with ur preworkout shake are more beneficial than protein but tahts just my experience...

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
The longer your body has been without food the more receptive you will be to stimulants, so the product will come off stonger the longer you wait, but a proper formulation like VasoCharge will perform well 15 minutes after eating.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
well i think a great way to fix taht is just take some BCAA or leucine b4 workouts instead of protein...:woohoo:
I thought BCAA like all other amino acids need protein in order to be delivered in to the muscles, if thats correct how well does taking BCAA or any other AA work w/o protein?

travis0712

travis0712

Awards
Also, don't forget whole foods will give you nutrients for hour or five hours.... from your both to the toilet you get nutrition from what you eat.

I eat, an hour later I take NO explode. I love the stuff - I can't say its the best on the market but I haven't tried anything that works better.

Like he said, don't fret over the empty stomach thing.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
You're supposed to take NO-Xplode, or any main stream pre-work-out NO drink, 30-45 min before workout, on an empty stomach (ie 1 hr after a shake or 2 hrs after a reg meal) but it's counter-intuitive to go to the gym on an empty stomach. Instead of waiting an hour after a protein shake, could you take your NO product, wait 20 minutes, then take your protein and then hit the gym 20 min after that? That way you'd have the benefits of the NO on an empty stomach with the allotted time before the gym, and you'd be able to have protein and carbs (i like waxy maize starch in my pre w/o shakes) to fuel your workout. This may be what most people do, idk but i haven't read it here yet...let me know if this works or not, thanks.
What they are saying is not to take it with food, not really on a totally empty stomach. You should be good about 30-45 minutes after a meal. I believe they put that on there so that you do take it on a totally empty stomach and then the stims hit you hard and you, "think" NO Explode is the best thing since sliced bread. Not the case!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you want the most bang for your buck, then try and take it on as empty of a stomach as possible. I.e. I do morning workouts, and if I want to get a good energy boost, I'll take 3 or 4 RPM 15mins before my breakfast, then hit the gym 60-90 mins later. The effect is still very strong because it was on an empty stomach. People buy stuff like NO-Xplode for the energy, I wouldn't want to shortchange myself.

Also your stomach is NOT almost empty 15 minutes after eating a meal. Do some more reading into that, or have a couple of eggs and tell me how empty you feel in 15 mins ;)

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
I thought BCAA like all other amino acids need protein in order to be delivered in to the muscles, if thats correct how well does taking BCAA or any other AA work w/o protein?

it has been well documented and experienced that taking amino acids (my favorite is 7grams of leucine) b4 a workout along with ur other preworkout supplements (creatine, glycerol, arginine etc.) force ur body into an anabolic state...but i still have a meal 2 hours b4 my workout consisting of 50grams of protein and 50grams of carbs...this way i wont puke during my workouts especially on leg day....:woohoo:

CDCDCD

Awards
I'll rate RPM any day of the week over NOXPLODE.... NOXPLODE contains Glycocyamine which in high levels can be toxic. Just another thing to think about I guess

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 4
Training Forum 1
musclemaker Company Promotions 6
mixedup Anabolics 94
PatWheeler Anabolics 2