Beta alanine dosages and timing?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I want to add beta alanine to my supplement stack. I was wondering when i should take it and how much? Should i take it on off days and does it have any poor interactions with other supplements?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
This is my current supplement stack...........

MORNING
400 IUS of Vitamin E
500 MG of Vitamin C
Beta Carotene
Multivitamin
Mineral
5 GRAMS L-Arginine-Alpha-Ketogluterate- 6 weeks on and off

MID MORNING
40-50 GRAM Whey Protein Shake
1 GRAM Flax Seed Oil
1 Pinch of Olive Oil

BEFORE LUNCH
5 GRAMS L-Argine-Alpha Ketogluterate -------30 Min Before
1,000MG of Vitamin c with AAKG- 6 weeks on and off

PREWORKOUT
5 GRAMS Leucine
5 GRAMS Taurine ------- 30 Min Before
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 Gram Acetyl L Carnitine
5 Grams Citruline
5 Grams creatine - 6 weeks on and off

1 GRAM Phenylalanine
200 MG of DMAE --------15-20 Min Before
200 MG of Panax Ginseng
B Complex Vitamin

POSTWORKOUT
5 GRAMS Leucine
5 GRAMS Taurine
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 GRAM Acetyl l Carnitine
1 GRAM Flax Seed Oil
40-50 GRAMS Whey Protein Shake
1.5 GRAMS glucosamine
Pinch of Olive Oil
200 MG Alpha Lipoic Acid
5 grams of creatine – 6 weeks on and off

WITH DINNER
400 IUS of Vitamin E
500 MG of Vitamin C
Beta Carotene
Multivitamin
Mineral

NIGHT
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 Gram Lysine
3TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Green Tea Extract
30 MG Chelated Zinc
1 GRAM Calcuim Citrate

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I've heard you should take 2g pre-WO, then 2g more post-WO. I haven't seen any negative interactions with different supplements, and you can take another 4g on off days, as well.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
On a side note...

you have a lot of supplements.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take 4g pre-WO and 4g during my WO.
I was going to say at least 3g/3g, can even go with 3 3x daily. 4g is a little much for a lot of people, i've gone over 5 in a single dose, and its weird.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was going to say at least 3g/3g, can even go with 3 3x daily. 4g is a little much for a lot of people, i've gone over 5 in a single dose, and its weird.
My WO's are much longer than most as well. I end drinking about 32 oz of water by the tiem I am done with my WO drink (which includes BCAAs, Swell, BA, and SuperCarb).

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ah true, 4g in something drank over the span of time isn't so bad. I took 5g as a "shooter", just one quick swallow. I recommend agains ever doing anything like that.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ah true, 4g in something drank over the span of time isn't so bad. I took 5g as a "shooter", just one quick swallow. I recommend agains ever doing anything like that.
That's a lot of tingles.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
so should i stretch my BCAA's over the workout and amp the the beta alanine to 4g before and after? or take the pre workout and stretch it out over the workout?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
what exactly is in the supplements u take during ure workouts? i lift for about an hour and 45 minutes and at the end i crash. i get bad headaches after that time too, i really dont know what its attributed to though and hope some supplements can help. That isnt including my cardio either though which i ussually try and do late at nite.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its because you are working out for too long :) Really lemonade xtend + swell is my favorite for periworkout.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah i know..... its tough......dynamic warm up....long strecth...oylimpic lifts....and having to run. Training for college football is rough, but what can u take to help make it through workouts. (non stimulant)

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
And is there anything anybody would remove from my stack and replace or just get rid of. Im trying to save money and im in college.

Jayzen

Jayzen

Awards
And is there anything anybody would remove from my stack and replace or just get rid of. Im trying to save money and im in college.
I'd get rid of the flax and olive oil post workout

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd ditch the AAKG and glutamine. Also, taking calcium and zinc at the same time is a bad idea because they interfere with each others absorption.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
why would u get rid of the flax seed oil post workout? where and how much would u put? and why? also i really like the pumps i get from AAKG, why is it bad and is there any product i could replace it with and get the same results? i have a lot of it lieing around. Also whats wrong with the glutamine? I need something to help with recovery and i know the results of glutamine are controversial, but again is there a replacement?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
why would u get rid of the flax seed oil post workout? where and how much would u put? and why? also i really like the pumps i get from AAKG, why is it bad and is there any product i could replace it with and get the same results? i have a lot of it lieing around. Also whats wrong with the glutamine? I need something to help with recovery and i know the results of glutamine are controversial, but again is there a replacement?
A replacement for glutamine...food. I would take the calcium before lifting because of its effects on muscle contractions. I am not a big fan of any NO booster (I personally think they're a bunch of bollocks) and it would be one of my first cuts.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah im gonna stop taking the AAKG after i run out of my supplys, but thanks for the help.

Jayzen

Jayzen

Awards
"eating fat can actually decrease the effectiveness of your post-workout beverage. Since fat slows down transit through the stomach, eating fat during the post workout period may slow the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates and proteins."

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah theres no fat in protein shakes and thats all i drink following the workout for an hour and a half til dinner

Jayzen

Jayzen

Awards
I meant the fat from the Flax and Olive oil post workout, or do you not take those until dinner

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
i ussually take it after workouts but ill change that up, thanks

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
I would spread your dosage of beta-alanine out throughout the day a bit more. Your body will only be able to absorb so much carnosine into the muscle at one time. It is just like protein, you can take in 150 grams of protein post workout in your shake, but you will absorb a max of what...50 or so depending on your metabolism/rate to nitrogen conversion, etc.

I take only 3.2 grams of beta alanine/day believe it or not. 800mg in the morning, 800 with my preworkout, and 800 with my post workout, and then 800 right before sleep.

I am NOT giant fan of Prolab...but I do like their beta-alanine extreme product. Studies have shown that the body will be able to use 3.2 grams properly each day. It is stacked with L-Histidine...which also may have some carnosine boosting effects. However, I have heard conflicting information on the L-Histidine (personal experience has led me to like this product, however).

I am not a scientist or a physiologist...however, when you think about it...your body is ALWAYS healing. The constant supply of and influx of beta alanine should be considered as with many other supplements.

Something I should mention, my pre-workout (myogenix hypershock) has some BA in there as well...the exact dosage, I am not sure as it is part of a prop. blend.

I hope this helps? Once again, it IS subjective opinion...I think it makes some decent sense though... =).