who makes the best cissus product

nolinenowait

Banned
Awards
i'm looking for something that will help with joint pain mostly. But muscle building/weight loss wouldn't be bad as well.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i'm looking for something that will help with joint pain mostly. But muscle building/weight loss wouldn't be bad as well.
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/cissus-caps-50-100-caps-400mg.html
this is a new nutraplanet "nutracap" product... @ 50% extract, this should work pretty well...
check some feedback...

when i am out of my osteobolin-c i will be picking this up, 2 pills is better than 10!

good luck...

PS - do a quick search of this site, there is a wealth of info here...

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've had good experiences with both USPLabs' cissus products as well as Giant's cissus. I'm about to give Nutraplanet's Cissus NutraCaps a go as well.

cal62887

cal62887

Awards
  • Established
Simply go with a reliable company and you'll be fine

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/cissus-caps-50-100-caps-400mg.html
this is a new nutraplanet "nutracap" product... @ 50% extract, this should work pretty well...
check some feedback...

when i am out of my osteobolin-c i will be picking this up, 2 pills is better than 10!

good luck...

PS - do a quick search of this site, there is a wealth of info here...
Actually if he is looking to heal his joints, the 10% is better, and at the most 20%. The higher the % of the extract the less theaputic properties it has and the more anabolic it is.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i never noticed a single benefit from taking cissus. however when i started taking high doses of fish oil my shoulder which had been bothering me for about 6 months was no longer in pain. i was beginning to fear i would need surgery. the cissus did absolutely nothing but the fish oil fixed it completely. plus fish oil has so many other benefits it is worth so much more than cissus but costs less. its a no brainer

supposedly cissus raises estrogen levels. i cant say i felt that though cuz i never felt anything

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just go with USPLabs' cissus, NP's bulk cissus, or NP's cissus nutracaps. You'll be set to go.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
is this even a question??? LOL.

get yourself some super cissus from USPL and you will def not be let down as its the best for theraputic use.... if your looking for more anabolism though NP has some bulk 50% caps that would be good for that.... maybe get both dose the S-cissus a couple times a day and use the 50% pre and post workout. Cissus is a staple supplement for me and i notice incredible increased recovery, healthier joints, less injuries and when dosed higher i feel it def gives some slight pumps and extra strength. although as mentioned above dosing some fishoil at a high dose will def help as well.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually if he is looking to heal his joints, the 10% is better, and at the most 20%. The higher the % of the extract the less theaputic properties it has and the more anabolic it is.
Myth do you have a source for that? I'm not questioning your word, because it's what I remember hearing when I was doing research into which type of cissus to get, but I can't remember where exactly I read that. It seemed to be a general consensus in a few threads but I don't recall seeing any scientific support/backup to that statement.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
my vote is for USP labs. Super Cissus RX. I won't use anything else. and I tell anyone who ask.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
my vote is for USP labs. Super Cissus RX. I won't use anything else. and I tell anyone who ask.
I have a bottle i haven't started to use yet. Hope it is as good as I am hearing.

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have had best results with USPLabs Super Cissus.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I've never noticed a difference between 10% and 20% at all with reguards to joint help. They are identical to me.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Only Osteobolin-C has the added AND NECESSARY Vitamin-C!!!!!!!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Primaforce Cissus is where it's at. If you search around you can always find it somewhere for about $20. Best cissus product I have tried to date. I'm gonna give nutracaps a try next though.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Only Osteobolin-C has the added AND NECESSARY Vitamin-C!!!!!!!
For my joint pain in knees, wrist/elbow I only get real relief from 5% cissus extract. Osteobolin is 5% and my joints love it. You will be hard pressed to find something more effective for the price.

peece

peece

Awards
  • Established
i never noticed a single benefit from taking cissus. however when i started taking high doses of fish oil my shoulder which had been bothering me for about 6 months was no longer in pain. i was beginning to fear i would need surgery. the cissus did absolutely nothing but the fish oil fixed it completely. plus fish oil has so many other benefits it is worth so much more than cissus but costs less. its a no brainer

supposedly cissus raises estrogen levels. i cant say i felt that though cuz i never felt anything
that is amazing results man, how much of the fishy stuff were you dosing

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I've only used the cissus in Incarnate, it was aiight :D

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
i was going to try some incarnate with my Lev-R order but got the package deal with DCP instead. I didnt even notice it had cissus.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
that is amazing results man, how much of the fishy stuff were you dosing
i started at about 3.6 grams of omega 3s. i then bumped it up gradually every couple days until i reached 7.2 grams of omega 3s. once i started to feel significantly better i dropped back down to 3.6 grams. now i take that dose every single day. it wasnt as if my shoulder was better overnight but everyday it felt a little better until i notcied one day that is was just gone.

if you get fish oil make sure you get a concentrate that does not have any omega 6. also make sure it is molecularly distilled.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i wanted to say that 7.2 grams is a massive dose. i am not sure if it was necessary to go that high

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
many people mega dose it at 40g a day so 7.2g isnt that high

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
ive gotta nice supply of USP Supercissus and I LOVE it....osteobolin is great too...
Incarnate is an awesome ba/cissus combo

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just find a reliable product and dose it at therapeutic amounts. I have heard many good things about USP's Supercissus.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
many people mega dose it at 40g a day so 7.2g isnt that high
people take 40 grams of fish oil. i was specifically talking about the omega 3, the actual EFA. i was taking about the equivalent of 20 grams of fish oil. my stuff was double strength so i didnt have to take that many capsules. either way 40 grams of fish oil is stupid as hell in my opinion. one can see benefits with MUCH lower doses. there are some supplement junkies on here that want to megadose everything though.

peece

peece

Awards
  • Established
i started at about 3.6 grams of omega 3s. i then bumped it up gradually every couple days until i reached 7.2 grams of omega 3s. once i started to feel significantly better i dropped back down to 3.6 grams. now i take that dose every single day. it wasnt as if my shoulder was better overnight but everyday it felt a little better until i notcied one day that is was just gone.

if you get fish oil make sure you get a concentrate that does not have any omega 6. also make sure it is molecularly distilled.
what brand do you like if you don't mind me asking?

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
what brand do you like if you don't mind me asking?
I'm also curious. As far as Super Cissus RX, I tried it and I can't say that it had that much of an effect for my shoulder pains. It might have helped a bit. I'll take your advice on the omega-3s though.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the company is NOW and the product is called Super EPA. its the best fish oil i have seen to date. Highest amount of omega 3 i have seen, no omega 6, and it is molecularly distilled.

of course you should know that nothing works overnight. it took my shoulder about a week to notice anything, 2 months to get back 100%. it was in awful shape though and had been so for more than half a year. for more minor injuries it will work much faster.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
the company is NOW and the product is called Super EPA. its the best fish oil i have seen to date. Highest amount of omega 3 i have seen, no omega 6, and it is molecularly distilled.

of course you should know that nothing works overnight. it took my shoulder about a week to notice anything, 2 months to get back 100%. it was in awful shape though and had been so for more than half a year. for more minor injuries it will work much faster.
Now makes a product called Ultra Omega 3, which is better, it has 500mg of EPA per capsule.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Now makes a product called Ultra Omega 3, which is better, it has 500mg of EPA per capsule.
wow, yeah that stuff is even better. good find. that stuff is by far the best i have seen

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well ive heard that its best to get a certain amount of EPA to your DHA, so does that higher concentration of EPA have a matching increase in DHA?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
some products are 2:1 some are 3:2. i dont think it matters that much. i have even seen some products that are all DHA and i have seen some that are all EPA. as long as you get the 2:1 or the 3:2 you will be fine. thats what 95% percent of them are anyway so it should not be hard

nelix

Awards
  • Established
well ive heard that its best to get a certain amount of EPA to your DHA, so does that higher concentration of EPA have a matching increase in DHA?
I get a lot of DHA in my diet, and not so much EPA, so I focus on the EPA content.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I get a lot of DHA in my diet, and not so much EPA, so I focus on the EPA content.

how can that be possible? DHA/EPA are what make up Omega 3s. I really dont see how anyone could be getting an unbalanced amount just through diet.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
certain foods (ie my babies foods and formula) come with a supplemented amount of DHA.... although i havnt seen too many foods adults would eat with its addition, just a guess.

iwannasurf

Awards
Is there any merit or truth to the implications that the lower 10-20% extract is better for joints/tendons and the higher 40-50% is used more for anabolic properties? Could one get both effects by taking a dose of each extract? Or could you take a smaller dose of the higher extract to get the same effect of the higher dose of the lower extract? I am basically trying to get the biggest bang for my buck with regards to joint and tendon health.

mrSlate

Awards
I was dosing the primaforce Cissus 40% Ketosterones at 6 caps a day for a month and it didn't do crap for my bicep tendonitis(well at least that what my lame pcp told me it is, but i wonder). I then took 3 weeks off to see if that would help. Well needless to say anything that stresses my bicep area is pretty painful to work. So i have been wondering about the therapeutic properties of cissus %'s myself.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Myth do you have a source for that? I'm not questioning your word, because it's what I remember hearing when I was doing research into which type of cissus to get, but I can't remember where exactly I read that. It seemed to be a general consensus in a few threads but I don't recall seeing any scientific support/backup to that statement.
There is nothing backing these statements up. This is all speculation right now. I am not attacking AN or USP as I use Cissus and feel that it is a beneficial supplement but this statements are based on conjecture rather than any empirical evidence.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is nothing backing these statements up. This is all speculation right now. I am not attacking AN or USP as I use Cissus and feel that it is a beneficial supplement but this statements are based on conjecture rather than any empirical evidence.
Do you have any empirical evidence to back your conclusion? :D :thumbsup: :D

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
is this based on personal experience?...just curious...
ive heard alot of companies say that but never seen any literature on it.

but....ive had great results with most cissus, minus bulk....incarnate, supercissus and osteo have all worked out well for me.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
To everyone: I think the controversy over Cissus extract is a bit overblown. As far as I know, there is no scientific backing one way or another to prove or disprove either opinion. However, there are a number of variables that will come into play-and extract % is one of them. Another one is source.

Consider Yohimbe: If you take a broad spectrum extract of alkaloids, you're getting a little of what you want, and a lot of what you don't want. Yohimbe has specifc good chemicals present and even more not so good chemicals present.
Now, compare to Cissus: Cissus has a spectrum of components present-with no single known one as theonly "joint healer". Because of this, I personally believe to extract it at too high of a percentage will limit the range of beneficial components that come out of the plant.

Analogy du jour: If you draft football players at random and get 100 picks, you'll have a decent chance of putting together a defensive line. If you draft pick left handers, you'll limit your chances of putting together a full defensive line with your 100 picks.

Abstract, yes. I am running on too little sleep and too many RPM. I may read my post later and wonder what the heck I am talking about. LOL

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
To everyone: I think the controversy over Cissus extract is a bit overblown. As far as I know, there is no scientific backing one way or another to prove or disprove either opinion. However, there are a number of variables that will come into play-and extract % is one of them. Another one is source.

Consider Yohimbe: If you take a broad spectrum extract of alkaloids, you're getting a little of what you want, and a lot of what you don't want. Yohimbe has specifc good chemicals present and even more not so good chemicals present.
Now, compare to Cissus: Cissus has a spectrum of components present-with no single known one as theonly "joint healer". Because of this, I personally believe to extract it at too high of a percentage will limit the range of beneficial components that come out of the plant.

Analogy du jour: If you draft football players at random and get 100 picks, you'll have a decent chance of putting together a defensive line. If you draft pick left handers, you'll limit your chances of putting together a full defensive line with your 100 picks.

Abstract, yes. I am running on too little sleep and too many RPM. I may read my post later and wonder what the heck I am talking about. LOL
makes perfect sense, i was trying to say basically the same thing in another thread where people where trying to say the 50% is 5 times stronger then the 10% but they dont realize theres more to the cissus plant then just what the specific extact is targeting and benifits most likely come from multiple parts/sterols/saponins/glucocorticoid agonists or whatever it is thats in it.