How long is OK to run cortisol suppressants?

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've been running XLean and LeanXtreme for about two months now, alternating between a capsule of each, 4 to 6 a day. This dosage has treated me well in terms of no creaky joints or anything else I noticed before when I did lots more LX.

How long can I safely do this? Is there a "maintenance dose" of XL or LX that I can take every day for the long-term?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think 12 weeks is the max. Remember that your body will adjust to try to achieve homeostasis.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So you think I should taper off of them? Thanks a lot BTW!

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
What results have you noticed, out of interest?

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well in the past I have used LX for a couple years to help with my cuts, and I am sort of an old stick-in-the-mud (been into BB about 14 years now) and always cut the same (ECA and living on boneless/skinless chicken breasts and tuna)...the LX has made a difference in how fast I can lean out since the 1st time I used it.

XLean I haven't used much before, just once for maybe a month in early summer 07. It didn't make me feel euphoric like high doses of LX did, but damn did it work! I just had a tiny stubborn bit of belly fat I wanted gone for the beach, and what can I say, I ran XL alone and it definitely helped! Calipers and scale agreed!

I used to be an ECA guy as far as cutting supplements go, but in the past few years that has literally changed into my liking cortisol suppressants and only using stims occasionally. But after reading a lot about cortisol lately, I am becoming a little paranoid about the effects of the supps I am using...thus this thread.

Thanks all!

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
. But after reading a lot about cortisol lately, I am becoming a little paranoid about the effects of the supps I am using...thus this thread.

Thanks all!
Can you be more specific?

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I've been running XLean and LeanXtreme for about two months now, alternating between a capsule of each, 4 to 6 a day. This dosage has treated me well in terms of no creaky joints or anything else I noticed before when I did lots more LX.

How long can I safely do this? Is there a "maintenance dose" of XL or LX that I can take every day for the long-term?
I believe no more than 6 weeks to be totally safe.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my buddy Google is giving me a huge assortment of opinions, from marketing sites for "as seen on TV" cortisol suppressors, to discussions on other BB forums.

I am seeing 100 different things and am just looking for one straight answer!

I am worried about screwing up my natural cortisol levels from either high dosage, or using the supps for too long. It's really hard to tell which is the greater evil. Some sites are saying I can literally run a cortisol reducer "forever" at a rate of 2 or 3 caps a day; others are saying cycle it (12 weeks on, 4 off seems to be a common one); still others are saying to just go ahead and mega-dose (even more than I am now, heck even DOUBLE what I am doing) for a month, then take a month off.

And in my mind I am wondering...might it be wise to taper off of the stuff? And to taper on in the future?

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my buddy Google is giving me a huge assortment of opinions, from marketing sites for "as seen on TV" cortisol suppressors, to discussions on other BB forums.

I am seeing 100 different things and am just looking for one straight answer!

I am worried about screwing up my natural cortisol levels from either high dosage, or using the supps for too long. It's really hard to tell which is the greater evil. Some sites are saying I can literally run a cortisol reducer "forever" at a rate of 2 or 3 caps a day; others are saying cycle it (12 weeks on, 4 off seems to be a common one); still others are saying to just go ahead and mega-dose (even more than I am now, heck even DOUBLE what I am doing) for a month, then take a month off.

And in my mind I am wondering...might it be wise to taper off of the stuff? And to taper on in the future?
I understand you bro, he see a lot of different opinions and its hard to believe in anyone, if I were you I `ll do short cycles and do at least the same time off , cortisol is an antiflamatory hormone and can be useful to the body, but well thats my opinion.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have the same question, posted about it a while ago but didn't get a good answer.

I'm taking 7-Keto, great results, but I'm worried there'll be some kind of cortisol rebound when I stop. I'm on my second month at 200mg a day, not a high dose. I'm thinking I'll go two months, and taper to 100mg a day for a week, then 100mg every other day for a week. Something like that, dunno.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
i ran lean xtreme for roughly 8 weeks at 4-6 caps per day and when i came off i developed some pretty severe anxiety... i can't contribute this directly to leanXT b/c at the time i was using high doses of stims as well... however i have never had this issue in the past... i was also under alot of stress from school and other things so i'm sure that had something to do with it as well

I ended up discontinuing all stims about a month ago and am just starting to feel back to normal

There was definately some type of rebound factor for me however since the anxiety and strung out feeling was worst in the morning when i woke up, and even continued when i did not use stims

just be careful, i'm sure people have run it as long or longer without issues but you never know how your body is going to react to these compounds

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
i ran lean xtreme for roughly 8 weeks at 4-6 caps per day and when i came off i developed some pretty severe anxiety... i can't contribute this directly to leanXT b/c at the time i was using high doses of stims as well... however i have never had this issue in the past... i was also under alot of stress from school and other things so i'm sure that had something to do with it as well

I ended up discontinuing all stims about a month ago and am just starting to feel back to normal

There was definately some type of rebound factor for me however since the anxiety and strung out feeling was worst in the morning when i woke up, and even continued when i did not use stims

just be careful, i'm sure people have run it as long or longer without issues but you never know how your body is going to react to these compounds
that does really sound like a rebound of cortisol. Something that i was afraid of.

the fact that you felt the worst in the morning is parallel to high level of cortisol (naturally) in the morning.

when i was on prednisone for my eczema, i lost hair and got belly fat, when i used stims i lost more hair then i felt absolutely horrible, like you said anxiety plus shiiitty feeling. Stim and high cortisol do not go well together felt like it amplified all the bad sides of it.

cortisol sucks, i know its needed but not for me. I am loving life using 7-cort and just switched to retain2. i might have to stack them for pct not sure. I will definitely taper down sloooowly though while using relora.