Supps to help with overtraing

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
Hi when wrestling starts the pratices are 60% cardio and 40% strenght traning on top of my weight training class, which i have been lifting vary hard to get my maxxs up.

My question is my coach will always want 100% intensity 100% of the time, so what are some good supps to help with not leting my body get over trained so easly.

I try only to over train on Friday because then i have the weekend to load up on cals and stretch and heal.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome

Thankyou

krogtaar

Awards
protein or bcaa(with beta alanine and citrulline malate) before practice/lifting, protein and carbs after.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
ive wrestled, and have had about 8 coaches in the time i did, and one of the things that they practice, that really weakens you is the lack of water allowed. i dont know if your coaches do that, but mine were into 1 water break per 3+ hour practice. and this water break was 1 minute long, for about 30 kids. the dehydration and lack of eating, due to the extra morning practice at 6, and only being able to eat once, maby twice between then and about 6 o clock led to alot of problems. one season i remember i lost 60 ponds on my max bench, and 80 on my squat. i think coaches should realize the nutrition and hydration is just as important as the technique. but what i did to combat overtraining was overloading bcaas.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
BCAA;s, Beta-Alanine, Creatine and something like Retain 2 to help control cortisol levels. Vitamin C helps with that too I believe. Purple Wrath and Green Mag would be a great start.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
BCAA;s, Beta-Alanine, Creatine and something like Retain 2 to help control cortisol levels. Vitamin C helps with that too I believe. Purple Wrath and Green Mag would be a great start.
That's cool that you mentioned the vitamin C... good point.

If I were the way I am now, back during winter season and my coach allowed me 1 break every 3 hours, I'd tell him to lick the bacteria off of my taint at the end of practice.

These coaches and staff are retarded. It's no wonder why they aren't doing the exercise, but instead standing there with a dry polo shirt with a whistle around their neck and a Gatorade in hand. The town I'm originally from banned creatine from athletic teams. They say that creatine is deadly. I think in a way it's funny, but the pathetic nature outweighs the humor of these dramatisms.

All being set aside... baring these conditions in mind, I may have a solution for you.

1. Grab a 32 oz. Gatorade of your choice. Mix 3 scoops of Poseidon into the Gatorade.

2. If you feel like adding other aminos, sure that's up to you. Others mentioned citrulline malate, BCAAs, EAAs, Beta Alanine, or whatever. You don't need to, but if you have cash and want to enhance your performance add some to the Gatorade, or use a pre-workout drink like Ragnarok, Primed, or Ready for War before practice starts.

3. Get a shaker cup and Oryx Goat Whey. The flavor is awesome, it will not leave you bloated or tired, it won't cause allergic reactions associated with whey from cows. Much of Oryx Goat Whey is predigested. Mix 3 scoops of Oryx Goat Whey into the shaker cup and add 8 oz of water. It mixes extremely well and tastes amazing.

4. Find some kind of excuse to break for literally 30 seconds of practice, twice (ex. asthma). If you keep the Gatorade nearby and drink that during practice, you will be golden as far as hydration and electrolyte balance and glycogen.

5. You can gulp half the Oryx Goat Whey at the midpoint of practice and near or at the end. This will maintain the body with all that it needs.

6. Should you feel like addressing cortisol a bit better, you can either blunt it with insulin by adding some honey to the whey shake mixture, or investing in an ant-cort product (b-triol, 7-keto transdermal, Blaze, phosphatidyl serine, etc) and dosing that.

Best of luck!

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Hi when wrestling starts the pratices are 60% cardio and 40% strenght traning on top of my weight training class, which i have been lifting vary hard to get my maxxs up.

My question is my coach will always want 100% intensity 100% of the time, so what are some good supps to help with not leting my body get over trained so easly.

I try only to over train on Friday because then i have the weekend to load up on cals and stretch and heal.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome

Thankyou
Poseidon would be ideal for your situation...or even better still would be SWELL. I think you would be very pleased with either.

Workin

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
Be careful with creatine and any products containing creatine, because unless your getting a lot of water your gonna be very susceptible to cramps.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bull. Creatine doesn't cause cramps.

Body Octane and Cordygen5 will give you what you need. Swell would help post training, too.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is what I do before MMA practice. Take a 32 oz bottle and put in 20g of BCAA, 60g of WMS, and 4 scoops of Swell. Add some flavoring, fill the bottle and shake the sh!t out of it. Drink the first half ~30-45 minutes before practice, refill the bottle to the top, and drink the rest throughout training. This will ensure optimum hydration, a steady stream of BCAAs and WMS, and a good dose of Beta Alanine.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
cissus, citrulline malate... some good carbs might help too. Definitely make sure your nutrition is keeping up with your training, might need to just up your calories in general.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
To severely bastardize what Patrick Arnold said on here:

Most overtraining is sue to the nervous system being fatigued and not recovering. Glycine helps the nervous system recover quicker but needs to be taken alone.

Possibly speak with dsade about this as he began carrying it at NP due to Arnolds advice.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
This is what I do before MMA practice. Take a 32 oz bottle and put in 20g of BCAA, 60g of WMS, and 4 scoops of Swell. Add some flavoring, fill the bottle and shake the sh!t out of it. Drink the first half ~30-45 minutes before practice, refill the bottle to the top, and drink the rest throughout training. This will ensure optimum hydration, a steady stream of BCAAs and WMS, and a good dose of Beta Alanine.
:goodpost:

Workin

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
To severely bastardize what Patrick Arnold said on here:

Most overtraining is sue to the nervous system being fatigued and not recovering. Glycine helps the nervous system recover quicker but needs to be taken alone.

Possibly speak with dsade about this as he began carrying it at NP due to Arnolds advice.
Glycine eh? I'm surely going to look into that. I've read a few things about it - I think they were in regards to creatine absorbtion however. If it helps with recovery, then I'll definitly be picking up some!

scrappydog

Awards
I do a lot of grappling/mma. I would agree with bcaa loading, beta alanine, citrulline malate and cordygen 5. That stack has really helped me. During periods of carb or calorie restriction, bcaa and even free form amino loading is great. The other stuff helps mat endurance a lot in my opinion.
I agree with avoiding creatine. First, I don't believe it is very beneficial to the sport, not nearly as good as beta alanine, and while all the science says it doesn't cause cramps, many, many wrestlers, boxers, mma guys have had this happen when taking creatine including me. Lifters and most athletes do not do the same work at the same cal/carb and sometimes even water restriction. Try it yourself and see. But so many people I know and myself have had this issue with creatine.
I also use cissus.

Aussie

Aussie

Awards
water

dextrose, malto and WMS

BCAAs and Lysine

Vit. C

salts

magnesium

Drink towards the end of your workout and post workout over an hour.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Personally I think all the advice above is dead on. but, one thing I would do is just strive to maintain on the weightlifting. I'd focus on wrestling first and foremost and enjoy the deprivation. What many fail to realize or forget that when the body is depleted to such a svere state when you do get to eat normal again and get plenty of rest when you start hitting the iron hard again your body is going to be ultra-primed for growth and will absorb everything you put in it. Just think of this time as priming the system for some super gains.

I'd take the minimal amount of supplements- cordygen5 and Swell sound like winners here to me. When seasons over I would be no holds barred BCAAs, Ragnarok, loads of grub, milk eggs, steak and taters.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Bull. Creatine doesn't cause cramps.

Body Octane and Cordygen5 will give you what you need. Swell would help post training, too.
Poison, have you ever tried the Orotine solo?