Multivitamin needed?

Ibench800

Awards
Hey guys, I'm questioning whether I need a multi or not. My diet is a regular BBing diet (lots of chicken, beef, oats, ON 100% whey, biotest surge pw). I'm working at a Vitamin Shoppe this summer and I picked up a Beast Pak that cost like $20 for a month. Was this necessary?

The big drawback is that $20 a month could go to 'harder' stuff from legalgear or BDC or almost buy another 5 pounder of ON protein. Should I pick up an ultra-cheap multi instead like one that costs $17 for like 150 days?

In case you cant tell, I'm financially challenged.

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
I use a cheap multi without any problems.

Ibench800

Awards
Anyone know why vitamins turn my urine fluorescent after consumption? I drink a crapload of water.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Buy a multi vit. Anytime you buy a "pak" put together they basically rob you blind. Like ZMA products. Later J

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The NOW brand makes a very potent multi-vitamin that won't cost you $20 a month, it's really high in B-vitamins which is something a good multi should provide

motleybreu

Awards
Buy a multi vit. Anytime you buy a "pak" put together they basically rob you blind. Like ZMA products. Later J
or Animal Pak.....bastards!

just go with a cheaper one. Better financially and does pretty much the same. Even if it has half the amount of nutrients then the pak, you still get 45 more days if you have to take 2 a day.

Ibench800

Awards
I'm taking them back. The last two days, after I took all the pills, I threw up and have been sick all day. It might not be the pills, but I think it is.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking them back. The last two days, after I took all the pills, I threw up and have been sick all day. It might not be the pills, but I think it is.
Did you take your Multi on an empty stomach ? I ask this because some multi's will make you nauseus (sp?) and feel sick if you take them on an empty stomach

Ibench800

Awards
One of the days I took it on an empty stomach. I woke up at 8am, took a double shot of protein shake, went back to bed until 11am, then took the multi.

The second day I had a big breakfast (4 scrambled eggs, lots of bacon, and a protein shake), took it immediately afterward and still threw up.

I work at this place so itll be easy to get a refund. I'm probably just gonna exchange it for a ultra-cheap multi.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I think you're better off trying a different multi because the side effects are not worth it IMO

Ibench800

Awards
Definitely. I didn't spend all this money on food and protein just to puke it out.

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
There are studies reporting that the vitamin and mineral content of fruits and vegetables averages 87% less now than 60 years ago, before chemical growing agents were used.

Seriously, this certainly indicates to me that EVERYONE should take a good, high-quality multivitamin, and EVEN MORE SO the bodybuilder. I don't have the studies handy, and of course that would not be PubMed... PubAgro? :p