DHEA under attack on the Hill.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
All - I received this email today from Save Our Supplements . org. this organization has tools that provide screens for sending letters to your states congressional personnel on specific matters and updates via email on other supplement matters.

Your access to DHEA is in jeopardy! The Senate is considering a bill, S. 762, to classify DHEA as an anabolic steroid, adding it to the list of controlled substances and removing it from the market. H.R. 1249 is the companion bill in the U.S. House of Representatives. Your immediate help is needed to keep this safe and effective dietary supplement legal and accessible.

DHEA is not an anabolic steroid. It is a naturally occurring hormone that has a wide range of benefits, including maintaining muscle strength and strong bones, boosting immunity, and improving mood and sleep patterns. Further studies suggest that DHEA may be helpful for such conditions as obesity, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. DHEA dietary supplements, which have been on the market for over 20 years, are derived from a plant in the wild yam family (Click here for more information.)

We need your help to keep DHEA legal. Enter your ZIP code in the box above to send a message to Congress asking your Senators and Representative to oppose S. 762 and H.R. 1249 and any amendment to restrict access to DHEA to minors. Congress should not restrict access to a dietary supplement that has given health to millions of Americans. Take action now!

Sincerely,

Save Our Supplements
Save Our Supplements - Protect Your Access to Safe, Effective & Affordable Dietary Supplements

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This really gets old, having to tell these f*ckbags YET AGAIN to stay out of our supplementation.

Power hungry prix.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
This really gets old, having to tell these f*ckbags YET AGAIN to stay out of our supplementation.

Power hungry prix.
Sounds like someone needs to suck on some Java Lather...

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Iraq, Social Security Reform, Mortgage lending Reform, Tax Reform, Immigration............Nope It's Supplements that our fine government decide is the pressing issue that other Sheyat can wait!:jaw: :frustrate

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Iraq, Social Security Reform, Mortgage lending Reform, Tax Reform, Immigration............Nope It's Supplements that our fine government decide is the pressing issue that other Sheyat can wait!:jaw: :frustrate
Sadly this is probably one the few things that will actually get bipartisan support.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
It could be worse.....The president of Iran could be trying to visit ground zero in New York:run:

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
It could be worse.....The president of Iran could be trying to visit ground zero in New York:run:
yeah, I heard about that today. He ain't never been to NY has he?They'd take his Maynard G Crebs Azz out before he got there.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
yeah, I heard about that today. He ain't never been to NY has he?They'd take his Maynard G Crebs Azz out before he got there.
I dont know if he's been there yet. The last UN meeting there they didnt let him in cause of a visa issue or something.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
letter sent

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Now Columbia University has invited the president of Iran to visit the college.

CROWLER

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

CROWLER
We invited him to tour the Nutraplanet facility. We were going to pull the old exploding Havoc trick. So far we haven't heard back from his entourage...last word was they said something about "too busy with Hookers and Blow".

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established

CROWLER
What exactly is the problem with that, he is the president of another country. I do not like him, I disagree with his policies, particularly towards recognition of Isreal, but this plays well to his fundamentalist base (sound familiar) but why shoud he not speak there. Dialouge is what is needed. Remember, almost all of the 9/11 highjackers were from Saudi Arabia, and most of the funding for the Wahabi Sect of Islam (which fosters radical islam) comes out of Saudi Arabia as well. They should ban Prince Bandar from going to the WTC before they do anything amahdeenajab.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
What exactly is the problem with that, he is the president of another country. I do not like him, I disagree with his policies, particularly towards recognition of Isreal, but this plays well to his fundamentalist base (sound familiar) but why shoud he not speak there. Dialouge is what is needed. Remember, almost all of the 9/11 highjackers were from Saudi Arabia, and most of the funding for the Wahabi Sect of Islam (which fosters radical islam) comes out of Saudi Arabia as well. They should ban Prince Bandar from going to the WTC before they do anything amahdeenajab.
He chants death to America in front of a couple hundred thousand American hating Iranian dirtbags...but I thought Islam was a religion of peace:think:

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established

Power hungry prix.
I wrote Hatch when this went down with PH's back in 04, and I got a form letter explaining to me about 'steroids' and their 'dangers' to the children. Yet, last time I checked cigarettes were still widely available. So is alcohol.

He babbled on about caring about the bodybuilding community etc etc. Then noted the penalties for posession. That was a classy touch to a form letter.

Isn't it nice we pay their wages to do our bidding?
I think a person in a public office shouldn't get paid at all. Most of these idiots have the rockstar syndrome where they think everyone loves them, cares what they have to say and that we entrust them to make the right decisions for us.

Bleh..

Most of them would rather vote themselves pay raises, and legislate morality rather than educate and let people make their own informed decisions on what is right for them.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
He chants death to America in front of a couple hundred thousand American hating Iranian dirtbags...but I thought Islam was a religion of peace:think:
I think it shows the true strength of democracy when we let someone like him speak in our country. What would happen in Iran if Bush wanted to do the same thing?

What's so wrong with hearing other peoples thoughts/opinions/views?? Its not like he's going to bomb the courtyard or anything.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
DHEA?? does anyone actually get much from this?

the govt can take my DHEA but they can't have my research chemicals! experiments are fun. :D

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
His country is suppling the parts and munitions to make IED's and other Bombs and weapons That kill my fellow soldiers. He says he wants to see the end of Israel. He does not believe the Holocaust happened. He looks like Gilligan and a cab driver mated.
I will save the "dialouge" for someone who appreciates reality.
I will now step down from my soapbox.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DHEA?? does anyone actually get much from this?

the govt can take my DHEA but they can't have my research chemicals! experiments are fun. :D
First they came for my 1-test/4-AD and my voice was not loud enough to matter.

Then they came for my DHEA...and I am screaming twice as loud this time.

What will they come for next, if we allow these c*nts to think they even have a right to tell us what we can put into our own bodies? This isn't freaking CRACK, here.

Simple...they are whores, sold out to Pharma and their own selfish interests to seize control of something natural and require their "cut". I guess the taxes that the supplement companies pay are not enough...they have to toss in prescription charges, health care subsidies, pharmaceutical gladhanding, and just the sheer cockstroke feel of having power for the sake of power.

Not one of these douches gives a crap about right and wrong, or fundamental human rights anymore. What a sham this country can be at times.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
First they came for my 1-test/4-AD and my voice was not loud enough to matter.

Then they came for my DHEA...and I am screaming twice as loud this time.

What will they come for next, if we allow these c*nts to think they even have a right to tell us what we can put into our own bodies? This isn't freaking CRACK, here.

Simple...they are whores, sold out to Pharma and their own selfish interests to seize control of something natural and require their "cut". I guess the taxes that the supplement companies pay are not enough...they have to toss in prescription charges, health care subsidies, pharmaceutical gladhanding, and just the sheer cockstroke feel of having power for the sake of power.

Not one of these douches gives a crap about right and wrong, or fundamental human rights anymore. What a sham this country can be at times.
Preach on brother!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When is this going to go down so I know when to stock up?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
alright, i sent off a letter for kicks and giggles.

we need to remember it's their job to ban some stuff. if they don't ban something they aren't doing their job. i'm just glad they are focused on dhea and not something really good.

fortunately for us, the supplement industry keeps pumping out 3-4 new great compounds for every one that is banned. thank god the govt is sooooo sloooooow.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
really? explain?
It is not the FDA's job to "ban stuff" at all, but to ensure proper safety when it comes to synthetic PRESCRIPTION DRUGS as well as food packaging safety for dietary products.

They are more than welcome to make sure labels match contents, and to even place a review process for altered natural compounds...but they have gotten out of control, to the point of banning ephedrine when there is ZERO evidence of negative health effects when used as directed.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i agree that this is what the FDA's role should be (to protect the public safety of the people). but in reality it is somewhat different.

the govt is a business that needs to keep it's customers happy to keep the $$ rolling in. these paying customers are both tax paying citizens like us and also from corporate interest.

big pharma co.s spend big money to lobby and keep their interests protected. also you have to consider the large tax-paying/voting economy the pharma industry supports. those interest most certainly include elimination any effective otc that may threaten their revenue.

so in a sense, the fda kind of is paid to ban some stuff. i don't like it any more than you but that's the way it is today in our capitalistic society.

i do have some hope though. it seems that the supplement industry is growing incredibly fast. this money brings power to lobby, power to control the media, and gain public opinion. but don't think pharma will give in easily without a good battle.

so i sent my letter so i can hopefully be one of those adding to the gain in public opinion.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
His country is suppling the parts and munitions to make IED's and other Bombs and weapons That kill my fellow soldiers. He says he wants to see the end of Israel. He does not believe the Holocaust happened. He looks like Gilligan and a cab driver mated.
I will save the "dialouge" for someone who appreciates reality.
I will now step down from my soapbox.
I mostly agree with you, but again consider how you would feel if lets say Iran took over Canada and was building military bases there. I am actually surprised by their restraint up to now. We would of course kick there ass in any confrontation, but I thought they would have been more aggressive in funding terrorism in Iraq. I think it demonstrates that the current government in Iran is teetering on the brink of collapse. There is actually a very strong democratic element in Iran, but our policies in the middle east have currently marginalized those factions.

I always try to look at things rationally and not through the lense of patriotism or my ideology, sometimes this offends people and I apologize for that, but I want America to be as strong as it can be and to do that sometimes you have to look at things with more detachment and that can make me appear to be uncaring or unsympathetic.

I agree that radical islam is the greatest threat to democracy and freedom present in the world today, I just worry that we may be playing into the fundamentalist hands right now.

Sorry about highjacking.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
btw. i'm not knocking capitalisms. i LOVE capitalisms. :head:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CorpKiller Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 2
Supplements 12
Supplements 14
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 21