Prohormone - 5 on, 2 off

sweetdaddy

Awards
I vaguely remember years ago when prohormones were first introduced to the supplement market, a 5 days on, 2 day off dosing scheme was recommended. Does anyone still do this? I was considering it for my adrenosterone cycle simply because it would allow me to get 4 weeks out of the bottle instead of 3 if I skipped the weekends.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this type of dosing protocol?

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
never done any pulsing before why don't you just take it on days you train?

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
well - you know - i have never heard that even back then. as a matter a fact - it was my understanding the philosophy was to keep a steady stream of the ph's in your system by spreading the dosage times out evenly. since pulse cycling has been introduced - i would be more inclined to take that route - and it might spread that bottle out farther for you.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think i read a few places abotu using the ECA stack or clen like that, but dont recall that protocal for prohormones.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wouldn’t recommend it... what PH we talking about??

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
what was the logic behind this? extend the cycle?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Pretty sure the logic back then was to avoid sides or diminish it

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When there was still major concerns about liver damage with some of the new compounds on the market (think Methyl 1T) and people were concerned with toxicity, pulsing was conceptualized to minimize the stress on the body.

There were also discussions about minimizing shutdown, but I don't think that was ever proven to be beneficial for that.

At this point, with TUDCA and other supports, and less toxic compounds available, I don't think there's really any benefit to pulsing...we also have a better understanding on toxicity

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pretty sure the logic back then was to avoid sides or diminish it
And to avoid running PCT. This was popular with epistane, but I thought it was only like 3-4 times a week for the "pulse" cycle.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And to avoid running PCT. This was popular with epistane, but I thought it was only like 3-4 times a week for the "pulse" cycle.
Nowadays the pulse I see guys using to avoid pct is pre training and precomp doses, generally powerlifters, as it happens to be.

I’ve seen and heard tell of people using steroids such as anavar or winstrol 5 on 2 off though that could be pre training as well as bodybuilders do or did often train 5 days a week.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nowadays the pulse I see guys using to avoid pct is pre training and precomp doses, generally powerlifters, as it happens to be.

I’ve seen and heard tell of people using steroids such as anavar or winstrol 5 on 2 off though that could be pre training as well as bodybuilders do or did often train 5 days a week.
Is it based on anything scientific or are people just guessing and going with how they "feel."

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Is it based on anything scientific or are people just guessing and going with how they "feel."

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Generally the consensus is with the 5 on 2 off dosage of orals you’re just giving the liver a weekly break, which is medically sound and supported as effective.

Powerlifters are still convinced though that if they’re just taking stuff for a week at a time, or three days a week, that they aren’t getting shut down. And they probably aren’t, not to a noticeable degree.

It does take time for shutdown to occur, the compounds are not outright toxic to the testes and brain.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The problem with this is surely you must reduce effects of the prohormone itself. A lot of orals take weeks to kick in and build up in your system. By stopping and starting like that would you not be prolonging this or preventing effectiveness altogether.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The problem with this is surely you must reduce effects of the prohormone itself. A lot of orals take weeks to kick in and build up in your system. By stopping and starting like that would you not be prolonging this or preventing effectiveness altogether.
Exactly. Only a certain number of compounds work well in this dosage. Anavar, dianabol, anadrol, methyl tren, halotestin, M1T, superdrol... notice a pattern?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
From what I see in other thread on this topic it seems this method is derived from corticosteroid pulsing techniques used in kids.

Here is one of the thread.

https://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/62121-how-pulse-orals.html

There are few threads on the topic here. check posts by Dr.D. I think he was the one talking about it some 10-15 years ago.
People used to do it in the 70s and 80s with the methylated steroids per many doctors recommendations. That was how I learned of it, from an old guy back when I first started.

Gotta love old guys. They actually do things.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gotta say for someone who did monthly bloodwork and ran a lot of oral methylated compounds like DMZ, M1T, etc.. 5 on 2 off makes no sense for hepatoxicity reduction, even with TUDCA and NAC and hydrating well.

Takes at least 4-6 weeks or more for my ALT/ AST liver values to get back to normal, even with cycle support. If you run a number of cycles close together to rehab the liver will take longer.

5 on / 2 off sounds like a theory for those who wish to stay on cycle and not feel guilty about damaging themselves?