DOVE caused zits?

Big Masa

Awards
Good web site!! Keep it up, guys. I definitely would put some order when I finish up my homebrew batch. I don't know if this is the right thread to post this...but I have a question. Sorry if my English is not good enough.

I have been on a homebrew transdermal (1-test & 4-AD) for a week and so far so good, except that I got some zits on my arms. There was no zits yesterday! I tried to figure out what caused those zits, and something came up in my mind.

I started to use DOVE bodywash yesterday, hoping it would moisten the skin and thus enhance the absorption of PH. Plus, I resumed tanning 2 days ago.

It's possible that, even though I rinse the foam out, some ingredient in DOVE remains on the skin and then get absorbed with DMSO & other PEs.

Should I stop using DOVE or maybe tanning? Tanning sure affects the skin, but is it bad? I take a shower before each application of PH, and I don't put any tanning lotion. Anyway I will use a regular bar soap again and see what's going on.

I will appreciate any reply coming!! Thank you!!

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
It is from the 1-test not the dove. 1-test has a side effect and it is zits. It gets me BAD!!! Hope that helps. Talk to ya.

Big Masa

Awards
Any supplement that helps?

Thank you for the reply, Curt2go.

Ok, zits from 1-test. So zits are maybe unavoidable, and it's no problem to use the DOVE.

Do you think the DOVE (or any other moisturizing bodywash) helps to enhance the absorption by moisturizing the skin? I am just curious.

I saw somebody at other forums recommend you to take Vitamins, such as A, E, and panthotenic acid. Have yo been taking those and seen any improvement? I hope you have. Acne sucks.

DaddyR

Awards
For what it's worth, moisturizing soaps always give me zits. I can only use certain kinds of generally "hard" soaps that leave little to no residue in/on my skin. I mean, it's so bad I can really feel the crap left on my skin when I'm forced to use any kind of moisturizing soap.

Obviously it's just my opinion, but there may be something to this beyond the normal side effects of the 1-test.

I really doubt that it helps with absorption, and I'd be worried that it might hinder absorption.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Some peolpe's skin gets oily from the gel. Just be sure to wash it good at least once a day and it may help cut down on some acne! And tanning may help increase Ph absorption since the tanning drys out the skin.

Attachments

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
The reason that the "GEL" can cause zits is becasse the IPP and IPM clog your pores. They are bad for doing that... Hope that helps. Talk to ya.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes switching to a new type of soap can actually result in a breakout. You could stick with it for a bit to see what happens (even though I think most of the problem can be attributed to 1-test) or could go back to using whatever you were before.

Super Tri's

Awards
Try using a scrub type product, it'll take away all the dead skin your arms/back.

I think that should help with absorption too, it only makes sense.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
for those of you who use 1-test do you generally get the zits on your back and body area? or face? or both? was just curious cause I already have minor facial acne and dont want it to get out of hand when I try out 1-test

Big Masa

Awards
I switched back to a bar soap that I used to use, and stopped appling gel on my arms where I get zits. Hey, zits are seemingly decreasing, but now I am starting to see zits on my chest!! This is like a never-ending story...

BTW, I am using a luffa to remove dead skin, and resumed tanning sessions. Seems it works. After I apply gel on my skin, I get some irritating sensation, but it feels like that the gel is "penetrating" the skin. That makes me feel good, however.:D

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
I use Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser wiht Alpha and Beta hydroxy and Gentle microbeads...

I started using that on my lower back (I was starting to break out really bad there) and 3 days later most of the **** is gone

now I use it everywhere..**** I gotta go get another tube.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
I use Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser wiht Alpha and Beta hydroxy and Gentle microbeads...

Gentle microbeads...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......
that was funny.... Gentle microbeads.....:D :D :D

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established

You are a crack-addict ;)

WYD02

Awards
  • Established

LOL!! I have a soap that has the fucking microbeads....

They are the grossest thing ever...I hate the feel of it.. It is like im rubbing sand into my face.... :D

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
it gets rid if the zits, dont it?

I think Microbeads FUCKING RULE!!

JMO...hehe:D:cool:

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
I tried using that LAVA soap on my face at night.. it dries the hell out of my face but so far has worked pretty well ..I use it at night so the extreme dryness doesnt really matter

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
LAVA?

you're crazy...I like it.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
it gets rid if the zits, dont it?

I think Microbeads FUCKING RULE!!

JMO...hehe:D:cool:
Hey don't get me wrong they work well. Its just that MEN usually call it GRIT not "microbeads"...hehehehehehehe.:D ;) :p

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
I came accross this website Ive heard good things about it.. acne.org/starthere.html
basically it tells you to use a bar soap like Purpose Cleansing Bar or Cetaphil Cleansing Bar. Then it says the best otc acne medicine is anything with Benzoyl Peroxide.. which is like Neutragena's on-the-sopt acne treatment.. or i found a site that sells a 5% cleanser.. on-the-spot is only 2.5%.. then a moisturizer like neutragena Moiusture w/ spf 15 or Cetaphil Daily Moiusturizer or Purpose Daily Treatment Moist.. you use these in the morning and at night.. not during the day because exessive washing can cause more breakouts.. well anyway just take a look at the site it explains it all.. oh and that peroxide wash I found here dermselect.com/derbenper75w.html
hope this helps..

On top of that some supps that I heard help are Pantothenic Acid(Vitamin B5) About 5g a day, Beta Carotene(Vitamin A) about 100,000 ui a day, flax oil 3tbs a day, ive also heard an alcohol witch hazel combo 50%/50% and spray it on your face. personally I dont like using alcohol products on my face though.. but for my chest and back it should be fine..
of course if you can get it theres always accutane.. i found a topical version of accutane called Isotrex crissywild.com/pharmacynetwork/pharm89.html
you can get it with no prescription.. heard it wokred well and doesnt cause all the terrible things that accutane pills do.. of course if you were taking the pill form off accutane just take a bunch of ALA to keep it from destroying your liver... thats about it tell me if any of this helps:)

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
my dermatologist said dove is the best thing to wash your face with at night because it cleans and dries face and puts moisterizers back in.

Big Masa

Awards
I have been again using DOVE since I got off a cycle and see no problem. Zits on my arms, which 1-test probably was the cause of, are decreasing anyway.

My guess is that, when used with DMSO transdermal, DOVE may cause zits. DMSO may let some ingredients in DOVE penetrate the skin and thus cause zits.

Yeah, I love DOVE, because it gives me smoother skin that girls realize.:D

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I have been again using DOVE since I got off a cycle and see no problem. Zits on my arms, which 1-test probably was the cause of, are decreasing anyway.

My guess is that, when used with DMSO transdermal, DOVE may cause zits. DMSO may let some ingredients in DOVE penetrate the skin and thus cause zits.

Yeah, I love DOVE, because it gives me smoother skin that girls realize.:D
dove aint my steez man. the bodywash never feels like my skins clean. (im probably an idiot here but thats the way it is) this got nothing to with the topic, but my favorite wash is....umm, herbal essence....interesting.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
soap is soap to me but i like the new old spice soap. i get the soap that matches my deordarant. :rolleyes:

Big Masa

Awards
We are starting to digress from the main topic, but I like it.

I use new old spice soap and deodorant. They didn't give me any skin problems when using trasdermal with DMSO. They have been my favorite. My second favorite is irish spring sports or aloe.

Sage, I know what you are talking about. Even after you rinse the heck out of your skin, you will feel something oily (moisturizer?) remain on your skin. I had to be used to that oily feeling.

BigBenn

Awards
This may be off topic too but any penetration enhancer+aloe gave me a rash.