Creatine Powder added to food?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does anyone have experience with putting plain creatine powders mixed with meals? I was thinkin about this but i dont want it to be gritty or produce a taste. I know mono has no taste but with heat i dont know. I would much rather not add to drinks and add to food instead if it is ok.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would just stick it in a drink, it's easier that way. When you finish the drink, you know you've taken it all. With food it might stick to pans / plates / etc. With liquid it will also be absorbed easier, with food it's competing for absorbtion. Just my .02, it could work.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
piston, that's messed up. Let's just pretend that you never typed that lol.

I hate monohyrate taste. I just take all the creatine and mix it in the smallest amount of water possible. Usually this ends up being about 4-5oz of water. I just down it like a shot all at once then chase it with juice or something.....

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
downing like a shot could work. Its just with mono i always forget to talk my servings and its more of a hassle. Honestly i havent been on creatine steady for years. I always drop off because its inconvient to me. I have even thought of capping my bulk powder because pills are so much easier.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, actually now that you mention it I'd cap it.

It sucks how monohydrate is the only effective creatine for me. even if I were to cap it and take it, I can literally feel monohydrate churn in my stomach and make me sick. That's part of the reason why I use it on a random basis.

Plus I suppose if you are taking gear, that right there is your 'creatine' since I'm sure strength gains come with it as well.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Any opportunity I get to take pills vs. powder I always do. I don't really like the whole mixing, drinking it thing. It is just easier to throw back a bunch of pills, even if this entail 8-10 pills at a time.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im getting rid of the last of GNC crea mono from like 4 years ago lol. I have some micronized creatine mono from a generic source that i have tried and is way better than the reg mono. Im going to start hitting it up the last weeks of my current cycle so to carry me into PCT..

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any opportunity I get to take pills vs. powder I always do. I don't really like the whole mixing, drinking it thing. It is just easier to throw back a bunch of pills, even if this entail 8-10 pills at a time.
im with you on that. :cheers:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
micronized is so much better than the big particle creatine.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anybody else?
I don't even mix it with water I put in my mouth and wash it down. Now I don't realy know if it's as effective as taking the time to disolve it in 10-15 oz of water.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I don't even mix it with water I put in my mouth and wash it down. Now I don't realy know if it's as effective as taking the time to disolve it in 10-15 oz of water.
It is probably more effective, although probably not significantly. Once the creatine hits the water it automatically starts to degrade.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
lol, why would you want to add it to food when you can drink it with water?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, why would you want to add it to food when you can drink it with water?
because with the water you get the grittiness and that bothers me, oddly. I like to eat more than i like to drink anyway lol :D:food:

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
I put some creatine gluconate into my yogurt this morning and produced some of the nastiest farts a few hours later. They were those heavy dense farts that take a bit of time to hit you, but then linger for minutes afterwards.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I put some creatine gluconate into my yogurt this morning and produced some of the nastiest farts a few hours later. They were those heavy dense farts that take a bit of time to hit you, but then linger for minutes afterwards.
lol :toofunny:dude! wtf hahahaha nice details bud. Yogurt will do that to ya

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay well this whole idea came from when i was eating some chili and rice....maybe ill just try it since it seems like no one has.