Time released Beta-Alanine?

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
I know we have some fine Beta-Alanine products promoted here at AM like Carnage, Incarnate...but snooping around T-Nation I read this:

Testosterone Nation - BETA-7: The Legal Performance-Enhancement Edge for Athletes

Now I know they hype everything they make or sell out of this world, but does this time release thing hold any sand or not?

Personally, I won't be buying it anyway, just inquiring as it may make sense to space out the Beta-Alanine product of choice more throughout the day.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I know we have some fine Beta-Alanine products promoted here at AM like Carnage, Incarnate...but snooping around T-Nation I read this:

Testosterone Nation - BETA-7: The Legal Performance-Enhancement Edge for Athletes

Now I know they hype everything they make or sell out of this world, but does this time release thing hold any sand or not?

Personally, I won't be buying it anyway, just inquiring as it may make sense to space out the Beta-Alanine product of choice more throughout the day.
Any proof that there is ANY benefit to time releasing Beta Alanine? This is the typical first step to market a product as "NEW" or "IMPROVED!" When a useful product first comes out, there is inevitably a handful of companies who will come out with the time released version and hype the sh*t out of it. Unless there is an independent study citing the benefits of time releasing Beta Alanine, I call BS! It's just marketing hype.

TTewell

TTewell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Any proof that there is ANY benefit to time releasing Beta Alanine? This is the typical first step to market a product as "NEW" or "IMPROVED!" When a useful product first comes out, there is inevitably a handful of companies who will come out with the time released version and hype the sh*t out of it. Unless there is an independent study citing the benefits of time releasing Beta Alanine, I call BS! It's just marketing hype.
it's not new. It was one of the first beta alanine products out. Although I would like to see some research backing the timed-release.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The main reason for this method is to not have the tingling sensation and that is really about it.

redhawk76

redhawk76

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The main reason for this method is to not have the tingling sensation and that is really about it.
correct there is no other benefit to time-released, only to dull the tingling sensation in those super-sensitive to it.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
its the same as creatine.... everyone has tried so hard to re-invent the wheel... but you can beat the basic

scrappydog

Awards
I've used biotest's and it works well. T-nation was the first time I heard about BA and I grabbed a bunch.
I love it for BJJ training. That said, you can get by with the regular BA. The only benefit to t-nation's is no extreme flush and when you're taking 4-6 grams a day the flush can get annoying. I just deal with it though or take smaller more frequent doses.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can you take BA with bcaa's? I had a friend that wants to start but takes bcaa's before during and after.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And absorption problems are not a issue? I am currently taking BA and logging it but I was worried about my bcaa's and absorption.

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established
Time-released BA has no beneficial (even if it were true) affects. BA is meant to turn into carnosine which levels need to be built up in our bodies for increased performance...

So what use is time-released BA again? :p

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Time-released BA has no beneficial (even if it were true) affects. BA is meant to turn into carnosine which levels need to be built up in our bodies for increased performance...

So what use is time-released BA again? :p

Originally Posted by djbombsquad
Correct there is no other benefit to time-released, only to dull the tingling sensation in those super-sensitive to it.

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established
Originally Posted by djbombsquad
Correct there is no other benefit to time-released, only to dull the tingling sensation in those super-sensitive to it.
So the BA would be absorbed slowly to decrease the tingling? Superb. lol:pizza:

jdev

Awards
  • Established
you get used to the tingling after using it for probably a week in a row. now i can take 4g at a time of proCarnosine powder without getting much tingling.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can also blunt this tingling with the addition of carbohydrates :)

scrappydog

Awards
Yeah after a while you won't get the tinglies.
To the above question I've always used bcaas with ba so no issue there. And I definitely noticed the addition of BA in like 2 weeks or less during grappling training.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

interesting...