Low carb bars, IMPACT carbs!

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
This is the label of the EAS low carb bars:

This bar delivers 2 grams of Impact Carbs. Impact Carbs, including sugars and starches, are the carbohydrates that have a significant impact on blood glucose levels and should be monitored as part of your Low-Carb lifestyle. Other carbs, including glycerine, have minimal impact on blood sugar levels. Total Carbohydrates in the Nutrition Facts box includes dietary fiber, impact carbs and other carbs. For more information, call 1-800-297-9776. http://www.eas.com/products/product_select.asp

Do you count these OTHER carbs in a low carb phase?  When cutting I hate carbs, I don't want to be eating that many carbs!  Anyone can help?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I hate low carb diets, but Im under the impression that carbs like Dietary fiber, simple sugars, and starches are counted, which are the major carbs you'll find on the nutrition label.

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
I am no Fibre guru, but according to a RN nurse you don't count fibre cuz you don't digest it.

Second on Atkins boxes it subtracts fibre to give you Net carbs.

Now I am not saying I am right...I am just saying what I understand ;)

Kay

Awards
I am no Fibre guru, but according to a RN nurse you don't count fibre cuz you don't digest it.

Second on Atkins boxes it subtracts fibre to give you Net carbs.

Now I am not saying I am right...I am just saying what I understand ;)
yeah i don;t see apoint in counting something that's impossible to digest in the body

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established

Do you count these OTHER carbs in a low carb phase?  When cutting I hate carbs, I don't want to be eating that many carbs!  Anyone can help?
No, you don't count them.

nobull

Awards
This is the label of the EAS low carb bars:

This bar delivers 2 grams of Impact Carbs. Impact Carbs, including sugars and starches, are the carbohydrates that have a significant impact on blood glucose levels and should be monitored as part of your Low-Carb lifestyle. Other carbs, including glycerine, have minimal impact on blood sugar levels. Total Carbohydrates in the Nutrition Facts box includes dietary fiber, impact carbs and other carbs. For more information, call 1-800-297-9776. http://www.eas.com/products/product_select.asp

If by "other" carbs you are referring to the glycerine, maltitol and other ingredients, then maybe. Some low carbers use these types of bars with sugar alcohols and it doesn't affect them. For others, it does. During the induction phase, you may want to avoid them, and incorporate them in after induction.