EAA or BCAA - Confusion....

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm contemplating picking up some amino acids and dieting a bit harder. Main training focus for me right now is cardivascular strength and endurance, but I cannot afford to lose any muscular strength or endurance.
So what I'm confused at is which is more suitable? I have taken BCAA's in the past, but what separates them, result wise from EAA's? Are BCAA's just more easily processed?

Is there a certain situation where you would want one over the other?

Thank you

young_squatter

Board Sponsor
Awards
Well I'm contemplating picking up some amino acids and dieting a bit harder. Main training focus for me right now is cardivascular strength and endurance, but I cannot afford to lose any muscular strength or endurance.
So what I'm confused at is which is more suitable? I have taken BCAA's in the past, but what separates them, result wise from EAA's? Are BCAA's just more easily processed?

Is there a certain situation where you would want one over the other?

Thank you

Remember BCAA are a part of EAA.

All EAA are required, but BCAA are the most important. So I like getting a big hit of BCAA in free form amino acids and getting my EAA from whole protein.

RB12

RB12

Awards
I find bcaas to be more effective on a cut and eaas more effective while bulking. if i recall, the idea is that the bcaas are the three most effective for encouraging protein sysnthesis, but they are all free form

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
BCAA's are: Valine, Isoleucine, and Leucine
EAA's are: Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Valine, Arginine, Histidine