What is CODEX and why it sucks!!!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Holey moley.. Just finished listening to this, my eyes were wide open all the time.. This sucks big time.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
It's disgusting how these large corporations control every aspect of the world.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, and we are the victims without even really knowing about it.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I love a good urban legend debunking as much as the next guy.

However here are some facts;
1. CODEX is real and it is oppressive
2. the WTO is real and is oppressive
3. The United States is not officially a member of the WTO

If the United states becomes an official member of the WTO the CODEX will take effect in the United States.

Once a bill is introduced to congress and is defeated, it can be reintroduced at the next congress. Bills are reintroduced all the time. They are defeated all the time. However if and when the do recieve congressional approval they become laws. Once a bill becomes a law it usually stays a law, as congress is funny about admitting any mistakes in judgment.

A good example would be the Federal Reserve Act, which was adopted in 1913. There had been many similar bills before congress,basically trying to create a centralized banking system,
beginning in 1789, so sometime it takes awhile but once it becomes a law, we are pretty much stuck with it.

This is a very important issue to anyone who explores alternative health methods and should not be easily dismissed by a website which makes claims about dangerous supplements and a government that protects you from them.

What the Snopes site is debunking is the 2003 congressional bill, which was being proposed as an alternative to the USA joining the WTO. Clinton signed a bill that entered the USA in an agreement with WTO member nations that stated we would trade with them, as if we were a member nation
and would abide by the rules of the WTO charter, even though the USA has no legal reason to comply with the CODEX. The 2003 bill was designed to make the transition from trading nation to member nation easier in terms of trade tariffs.

However the crux of the problem is that if the USA becomes a WTO member nation then we have to comply with the CODEX or face stiff fines and trade embargoes

Last edited:
skyOne

skyOne

Awards
This codex alimentarius looks very serious. BIG money will eventually control everything. Is there anything one can do? Spread the word? This and similar threads must be pinned and kept at the top as well.

I still hope we just misunderstand something or its a hoax(a very well organized one)

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone keep track of what's happening in front of our eyes? http://www.newstarget.com/022499.html
Can someone confirm that this is real? The language used in the artical is very inflamitory, which in many cases means the truth is being stretched or twisted. I have no doubt that the big pharm companies want such things, but I'm not sure what to think about this article and what it says.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'd heard about this filth. Hey, I need a prescription for Centrum...can you sign this for me doc?

Disgusting, plain and simple.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well i hope at the very least this will spark intrest in all who read or watch this to read and watch even more to make an educated decision of there own and not complacently sit by while this goes on when we can make our voices heard and save our own nutritional interests and for some their livelyhood.

skyOne

skyOne

Awards
Can someone confirm that this is real? The language used in the artical is very inflamitory, which in many cases means the truth is being stretched or twisted. I have no doubt that the big pharm companies want such things, but I'm not sure what to think about this article and what it says.
Sounds too bad to be true right? :) This is a first step towards the elimination of all natural nutritional supplements especially vitamins, minerals, herbs.

cord195148

cord195148

Awards
For those that live in California, be aware Jackie Speir is again running for Congress. In 2005, she had pushed through a bill to ban most nutritional supplements, which fortunately Arnold vetoed. Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean no one is after you.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and bump... has anyone besides me even visited this ladies page healthfreedomusa.org and signed her petition???? i think everyone who takes a look at this 40min video would be foolish not to take another 45 seconds to click a coupe times and add your name.... one is worth 13000 she said???

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
i watched that a few months back. pretty crazy stuff.

hrdgain81

hrdgain81

Awards
Thanks for posting this, I knew some of this was going on, but I didnt have this much info about it.

skyOne

skyOne

Awards
I will move out of the country.
That will not help, big pharma's hands reach almost every country. There are already countries where you must get a prescription if you want to buy vitamin C over 200mgs per dose, codex alimentarius is already in effect in Germany, Norway and maybe in France as well.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Norway? Dang, so much for moving back home later in life.