Supps to Increase Platelets

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
My little bro is in dire need of platelets that are a close HLA match. He's been getting transfusions everyday, but its only me and my father that can donate.

Right now you can donate at max output every 48 hours, but usually takes longer between giving.

Does anyone know of any supps that will help increase my platelet production so I can donate as frequently as possible?

Im thinking Vit K, but Ive had a nearly impossible time finding it otc. There has got to be other things I can take.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
From what I can tell, calcium, fibrinogen, and Vitamin K are very crucuial to this process. As far as I know I have not heard of any supplement claiming any benefits in any of the departments. I would say that your answer is least likely to be found through supplements.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
From what I can tell, calcium, fibrinogen, and Vitamin K are very crucuial to this process. As far as I know I have not heard of any supplement claiming any benefits in any of the departments. I would say that your answer is least likely to be found through supplements.
I agree, I have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and my platelet's hang around 70,000. If I'm not mistaking, it should be between 150,000 to 400,000 (for adults).... I've been searching for a while on Supps that can boost your platelets and have came up with nothing.... Good luck.