are all zma's equal?

steeltown

Awards
As long as you go with a trustworthy company are all zma'a the same?
thanks

Bone

Awards
Zma is only znc, magnesuim and b6. You could get it alot cheaper if you bought them seperatly.

Peace

Bone

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
true....true (on what bone said). some brands might have more mg per pills however you right STown in thinking that zma is zma. Although, Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate/Magnesium Aspartate/B-6 is pretty uselss in my opinion. Sage

bachovas

bachovas

Awards
Actually if you buy the pre-mixed,  somewhere,  it should say SNAC System, Inc. They hold the patent for ZMA, as a supplement.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
bump on Bone and Sage... can buy plentiful amounts of each mineral dirt damn cheap individually. to actually answer your question, if you are dead set on buying a "ZMA" product I would go with Optimum Nutrition or a similarly reputable operation that has the right ingredients (some do use calcium filler I believe, so watch out)... it's just a mineral mix after all

steeltown

Awards
Cool thanks for the info. I didnt even think of making my own. I think I will do some reserch and see what happen's. Could be a learning experience if nothing else. thanks

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
equal?

equally worthless...........................yes they are :D

steeltown

Awards
jweave23, do you think they are total worthless post ph cycle? what I have read seems to point to helping get your t levels going and as a sleep aid. please give me any info you have. thanks

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
do you think they are total worthless post ph cycle?
perhaps not worthless, but certainly no greater than say... bottles and bottles of the component minerals and about $13 cash ;)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
not that its worthless....but there are so many other options for a post cycle supplementation that even stacking zma with clomid, novla, 6oxo, etc would be a waste of money. Sage

steeltown

Awards
Sage, like what for example? I was going to use liquid clomid, 6oxo and zma. Do you have a better idea. thanks bro

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Zinc itself really isn't exactly worthless, but usually doesn't give any noticeable effect at all IMO. I tried ZMA when it first "came out" (lol, as if it was a breakthrough, 3 minerals!) and wasn't impessed at all. I have tried several times since then (post cycle also) and still have not noticed any measurable amount of difference. I won't say it doesn't entirely "work", but definitely just another extra couple bucks for me to throw away and pills to remember. The specific ratio of the minerals:

Vitamin B6: 10.5mg
Magnesium: 450mg
Zinc: 30mg

has been debated before, saying that only this ratio will provide results, and I find that hard to believe also. Maybe if you are deficient in zinc will it help raise natty test levels to a balance, but otherwise I don't place any value in it at all. But, if you choose to use this along with an anti-e of some sort, remember that you haven't standardized all the possible variables in the equation, so it cannot be said that ZMA was the direct contributor to a return of natty test levels.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
The specific ratio of the minerals has been debated before, saying that only this ratio will provide results, and I find that hard to believe also.
no no, makes perfect sense to me... only certain amounts provided in one cap, at the same time, will do anything beneficial... yep

*wank wank*

steeltown

Awards
thanks for the info, i'm going to go with the clomid and 6oxo and call it good. thanks