Can a Tolerance be Built to Acetyl-L-Carnitine?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
My new Power Jolt and Cerebal both have Acetyl-L-Carnitine... I wondered if I'm going to quickly build a tolerance here...?

i will adjust consumption likewise

hmpf new smiley:hot:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
wow interesting, thanks for the heads up on that.. will see how it goes.. kinda paranoid now

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I was too after my incident. I took a couple of months off, and then tried again with 1g-3x/day, and did not have any issues. I could have been more "predisposed," though. Sucks for me, cause I like ALCAR... :whiner: 3g/day does seem to work, though, but then I build up that tolerance.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I definitely build a tolerance to ALCAR. I rotate it in and out of my noot stack just to keep things fresh.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
Wow. I take 1 gr. a day and still have not built a tolerance. But an ECA stack feels like a cup of coffee to me now since I abused it so much. So I guess it depends on the person.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stacking the two together only gives about 800mg of ALCAR/serv. So you should be safe as far as fish smells go. Tolerance, I assume shouldn't build up to fast with that dosage either. I would just ramp up or down according to feel.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
man I can't do the ECA thing anymore... not at high doses anyway. Back in the day, I'd have the max dose of Hydroycut or Xenadrine 2x a day. No crash, felt immoral

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I have been a freak for Al-Car for the last 5 years. There has been no better lipo-energy-clears my thinking type stym available. I do have to cycle off about every 2 monthe. I usually mix in some DMAE for a couple weeks in between cycles of Al-Car

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
DMAE as a bridge, good idea

M

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quick question,
Is the best way to take alcar on an empty stomache?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me, most all stims. and neuro-enhancers are stronger when taken on an empty stomach, ALCAR included, although some have complained of slight stomach discomfort. Can't say that I had any.

N

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
On an unrelated note:

acetyl-L-carnitine/L-carnitine DEFICIENCIES: Patients undergoing administration of pivalic acid-containing antibiotics like Pivampicillin, Pivmecillinam, and Pivcephalexin are at risk. Also, vitamin C deficiency.

acetyl-L-carnitine/L-carnitine RETENTION: It has been suggested that choline supplementation may lead to L-carnitine retention.

Typical Dosages: 500mg - 2g

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive been takign alcar strait for 9 months now. I take 3 grams on an empty stomach and at one time was taking 6 grams. i have to say when i took it twice in a day(like if i wanted extra energy) i did notice a difference. I just ordered another 500 grams bulk alcar from nutraplenet. i absolultey love the stuff.

after this batch and in between my 500 gram batch i might expirement and cycle off 2 months. but to tell the truth i havnt noticed any effect it seems to work ..when i take my alcar 5 minutes before my meal every morning i notice a pleasant effect. no i dont think its psychological i think the stuff really works.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
For me, most all stims. and neuro-enhancers are stronger when taken on an empty stomach, ALCAR included, although some have complained of slight stomach discomfort. Can't say that I had any.
ALCAR is really acidic. I always brush my teeth after taking it to prevent erosion so I can't imagine what it could do to your stomach lining/ esophagus. I rarely ever let my stomach get empty as I eat every 3-4 hours, but I do take it on the latter end of that time frame.

N

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR is really acidic. I always brush my teeth after taking it to prevent erosion so I can't imagine what it could do to your stomach lining/ esophagus. I rarely ever let my stomach get empty as I eat every 3-4 hours, but I do take it on the latter end of that time frame.
Not to make light of what u said but out of curiousity, where did u hear that it is really acidic? I have not heard this yet and I know of one study wich concluded that it works as a PH buffer to PROTECT muscle cells from oxidation under the ACIDIC conditions of muscular exertion.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
Excuse my ignorance. I remember reading it on here on someone's post, but that doesn't make it fact. I did a search but now I can't find it. Can I bother you for a link to that study?

N

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Excuse my ignorance. I remember reading it on here on someone's post, but that doesn't make it fact. I did a search but now I can't find it. Can I bother you for a link to that study?

Actually.... Pardon my ignorance. The study in wich I mentioned, was not conducted on acetyl-L-carnitine, but rather, carnosine (naturally occurring dipeptides found in muscle tissue).

Though I am still curious as to wether or not ALCAR is acidic. I do know that it is the acetyl ester of L-carnitine and it occurs naturally in animal products but only mild gastrointestinal side effects have been reported like abdominal cramping and nausea.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It does have a really acidic taste to it. Quite tart, almost like chewing up really bitter sweet tarts(remember those). I've never heard of any type of stomach erosion, just what hype mention as mild discomfort. I don't think it's any worse then your average soda beverage, but that's not really a very shining comparison.

N

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
It does have a really acidic taste to it. Quite tart, almost like chewing up really bitter sweet tarts(remember those). I've never heard of any type of stomach erosion, just what hype mention as mild discomfort. I don't think it's any worse then your average soda beverage, but that's not really a very shining comparison.
MMMMMM.... Sweet Tarts n' soda. Is this good for Post Cycle Therapy? :toofunny:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so alcar balances ph levels ?

thats the same thing apple cider vinger does, balances ph levels

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about PLCAR as a bridge to avoid tolerance build up? ALCAR and PLCAR are very similar but I don't know if building up tolerance to one of them will affect the tolerance to the other or not.

N

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
so alcar balances ph levels ?

thats the same thing apple cider vinger does, balances ph levels
I apologize for the mistake as I mentioned earlier. The study referring to the balancing of PH levels to protect muscle cells from oxidation under the acidic conditions of muscle exertion, was actually a study done on carnosine not carnitine. Sorry for the confusion.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
I alternate between ALCAR and PLCAR. Once I go through 500 grams of one product, I switch to the other. Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but it works for me. (I also stack Choline and Piracetam with it)

Gumbo

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah i hear alcar is more a mind and plcar is more physical(studyed plcar a while back)