• Neither

Votes: 39 20.6%

• Total voters
LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Just want to see the results. Lets hear the explanations.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
neither, monohydrate all the way!!!

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I get chills just thinking about the awful taste of CEE, so I like tri-creatine malate better. YMMV

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
PS. Did you know that tri-creatine malate does not exist? Its di-creatine malate. Creatine + malic acid = di-creatine malate. Just to let you guys know...

Beebs

Awards
Satur8 (di-creatine malate) is one of the best creatines I've tried. I like the gains over CEE. Won't bloat you up too bad either. I'm on Sizeon right now, and its great too; however, I am having trouble justifying the cost, and the taste is way overdone. Next time I'll probably go with satur8 again.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
unlike Beebs, di-creatine malate and mono bloat the hell out of me, while CEE does not seem to be nearly as bad. Still gain that "creatine weight" but it doesnt hit my face or belly as badly. and either way, add glycerol.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
PS. Did you know that tri-creatine malate does not exist? Its di-creatine malate. Creatine + malic acid = di-creatine malate. Just to let you guys know...
Going off the package label my friend.

utrition Facts
Serving Size: 12.5g
Servings Per Container: 50
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 0 *%
Calories from Fat 0 *%
Sugars 0 g *%
CVT™ (Cell Volumizing Technology)
Proprietary Matrix of:
TriCreatine MalateTM 4.0 g **%
(proprietary blend of mono and dicreatine salts, 3:1 Molar)
Betaine-GlycocyamineTM 2.0 g **%
(proprietary blend of betaine anhydrous and glycocyamine)
Micronized Taurine 2.0 g **%
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate 1.5 g **%
NAG (N-Acetyl-L-Glutamine) 1.0 g **%

Not to mention the following creatines DO exist!

Tricreatine Citrate
TriCreatine Ethyl Ester Malate
Tricreatine HMB (ß-Hydroxy-ß-Methyl Butyrate)
Tricreatine Malate
TriCreatine Orotate

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
he's right, "tricreatine malate" is just a marketing term...it actually says as much in the very label you posted:

TriCreatine MalateTM 4.0 g **%
(proprietary blend of mono and dicreatine salts, 3:1 Molar)

so then "Tricreatine Malate" (which is trademarked - you can only trademark a title not a substance) is no more "real" then "energy explosion" or one of those titles often used for proprietary blends by companies such as BSN

Take a look at SNS CVM extreme as it has both CEE and dicreatine malate as well as diarginine malate for pumps and some other nice additions

Last edited:

Beebs

Awards
unlike Beebs, di-creatine malate and mono bloat the hell out of me, while CEE does not seem to be nearly as bad. Still gain that "creatine weight" but it doesnt hit my face or belly as badly. and either way, add glycerol.
Mono is the worst. I stopped taking it because my gf started calling me a water balloon.:gas:

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Mono, I've tried all with pretty close to the same results, so 99%pure German Mono, cheap and effective!

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
I'am a Tri fan - Tried them all -

Mono held more water -

CEE nothing - even tried taking it with dextrose, grape juice, grapefruit juice and the hot water trick - no results at all.

Tri or Di+mono in V12 gives me the greatest results - best pumps and biggest strength increases

I've run them all as single supps as well

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
With all due respect:

CreaTate™ (Tricreatine Orotate ) US Patent No. 6,838,562 B

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I'am a Tri fan - Tried them all -

Mono held more water -

CEE nothing - even tried taking it with dextrose, grape juice, grapefruit juice and the hot water trick - no results at all.

Tri or Di+mono in V12 gives me the greatest results - best pumps and biggest strength increases

I've run them all as single supps as well

Hey Pfunk,

Do me a favor and shoot me an email. Tried replying via PM and got page error and I think your email server is sending my emails to your SPAM folder.

Thanks

CROWLER

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
With all due respect:

CreaTate™ (Tricreatine Orotate ) US Patent No. 6,838,562 B
There are too many damn creatines haha. Why was this one, one that you liked?

For those of you who have used V12 with success, did you notice any stomach discomfort? One of the reasons I didn't use Tri-Malate as the creatine ingredient in our newest product, Chaos, was a lot of the reviews I read had people complaining of stomach discomfort, which is very prevalent with Cre. Mono.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I was just proving that it does exist and is not just a made up compound.

As a whole I think it's a more beneficial than just creatine alone, yes.

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
Crowler - Email replied too - sorry I have been near a computer too much lately.

LMD - I've never had stomach discomfort from tri-cre, If I only drank about 1 gallon a day, I'd have minor intestinal cramping (like you;ve ate too much fiber) so I just drank more water and it seemd to clear that up.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Malic acid has 3 hydroxyl groups that can give off a proton. Since it gets substantially harder each additional proton, it is definitely doable. TriCreatine Malate exists, but by no means is it gonna be cheap to produce.

Malic Acid + 3OH- = Malate -3 + 3H20

3Creatine +1 + Malate -3 = Tricreatine Malate

2Creatine +1 + Malate -3 + H +1 = DiCreatine Malate

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I like the creatine bonded with the malic acid. I've felt better effects from that vs. CEE (however, the fact that CEE is usually dosed so low might have an effect also.)

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
"Lets hear the explanations."

Though I like the effect from various creatine blends (like the blend found in HORSE POWER), I found CEE to provide greater results on it's own, vs the malate on it's own. The malate didn't always agree with my stomach, but nothing major by any means.

In addition, the science behind the process of esterification is what initially justified my conclusion.

Sonicology

Sonicology

Awards
Of those two I would pick the tri-creatine malate. I would choose creatine orotate over either of them tho

Joint Fracture

Awards
Bulk CEE mixed in bulk waxy maize (pre and post, more cee & maize in the post).
Good combo. :)

ZoMbSta

Awards
better not to use it during cutting as it will retain water and affect ur "cutted" look..hence...less definite than u see urside in the mirror...

but personally im still using it cause my bottle is about to finish so might as well...and it keeps the strength quite stable...have lost bf but strength hav not dropped...even increased for some exercises...anyway its pretty easy to dry out..jus stop for a few days and do 1 hr cardios on those few days..u will see results..

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I take creatine in caps right before bed. I don't care what kind it is, just as long as I don't have to drink it pre-workout cuz that is a pain. Also doesnt caffeine negate creatine absorption? I remember reading that somewhere.

dirtydean12

dirtydean12

Awards
cee gives me a weird balloon feeling in my chest and makes me vomit sometimes...plus i get the best results from products containing di- or tri- creatine malate

HDeuce7

HDeuce7

Awards
What is a good creatine for me to use postworkout? I am going to start using SizeOn pre/during workout. What should I use post, CEE or mono? I was thinking of just buying bulk of one or the other.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
What is a good creatine for me to use postworkout? I am going to start using SizeOn pre/during workout. What should I use post, CEE or mono? I was thinking of just buying bulk of one or the other.
sizeon is enough creatine for you to take daily. No need to add in anything else.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like kre alkaline personally with cee. Take the two together.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
caffeine=diuretic.....creatine...draws h20 into muscles...they negate each other for sure but to what extent is unknown.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
caffeine=diuretic.....creatine...draws h20 into muscles...they negate each other for sure but to what extent is unknown.
Most of the first studies into creatine were done in caffeinated tea, weren't they?

BigAsian

BigAsian

Awards
Read the container of Size-On bro...Intra/Post workout...you sip it during and finnish it post workout if you didnt finish it during workout...no need for any other creatine post workout... not trying to be a d*ckhead but reading containers does help.

I have been using Size-On for a while now... the taste isnt that great, but not unbearable. Not really sure on creatine gluconate's effectiveness though... if i recall their is creatine monohydrate in size-on as well...but not really sure how much...

I used monohydrate back in high school when i first started working out, really liked it then except for the loading phases, it put me on my way to where i am now.

Not a fan of CEE never really did anything for me...but then again someone already said its dosed really low in most supps.

havent tried tri-creatine malate yet so cant comment on that.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I know this isn't part of the poll and maybe someone mentioned it, but the only creatine (by itself) that I did well with was tri-creatine orotate (Orotine by MAN). It outperformed monohydrate, tri-creatine malate, and CEE with my performance observations. It helped aerobically and anaerobically. I always drink plenty of water too. Also, the orotic acid component I will credit for making tri-creatine orotate the only creatine that I found to get me noticably more ripped. After about 3 weeks, my skin looked paper thin.

Get shredded, lift more, go further... for me... I can't complain!

Jim Sadler

Awards
Magnesium creatine chelate is good. Just be advised it will make you drowsy. Green Magnitude worked better for me as a sleep aid than a pre-workout energy drink.

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
The recent kre-alkalyn ads says that CEE is fake:
" Well the studies are in and CEE is Fake. There is no such thing as true creatine ethyl ester. Let's start with pure science; Creatine reacted with hydrochloric acid equals creatine HCL. This would be rediculous since creatine is unstable in a liquid environment. The lower the pH of, the quicker it converts to creatinine. Hydrochloric acid has a pH of 1 the conversion would be instantaneous and lets not forget from our first lesson that creatinine is very toxic to the body. People also want you to think that this creatine ethyl ester is a new trick. In 1922 two men named W.Dox and Lester Yoder tried to esterify creatine. This was published in the journal of biological chemistry Vol#4. Dox and Yoder discovered that creatine converts to creatinine in acid. The same test was re-verified in 1954 by Mold, Gore, Lynce and Schantz."

Keep in mind this was from an advertisement from the makers of Kre-Akalyn so take it for what its worth, but i was wondering what some of the bros here had to say about it????

frezel

Awards
how much of the tri creatine are u guys taking on off days as well as workout days? how many grams? and did anyone find the best place to buy it in bulk? Oh and most of al whats it taste like, i have cee and want to vomit just thinking about the taste

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
The recent kre-alkalyn ads says that CEE is fake:
" Well the studies are in and CEE is Fake. There is no such thing as true creatine ethyl ester. Let's start with pure science; Creatine reacted with hydrochloric acid equals creatine HCL. This would be rediculous since creatine is unstable in a liquid environment. The lower the pH of, the quicker it converts to creatinine. Hydrochloric acid has a pH of 1 the conversion would be instantaneous and lets not forget from our first lesson that creatinine is very toxic to the body. People also want you to think that this creatine ethyl ester is a new trick. In 1922 two men named W.Dox and Lester Yoder tried to esterify creatine. This was published in the journal of biological chemistry Vol#4. Dox and Yoder discovered that creatine converts to creatinine in acid. The same test was re-verified in 1954 by Mold, Gore, Lynce and Schantz."

Keep in mind this was from an advertisement from the makers of Kre-Akalyn so take it for what its worth, but i was wondering what some of the bros here had to say about it????
The studies are out there and they make sense. I noticed nothing from CEE, only CEE & N02 syngergy products (N'Gorge).

Bump on this.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I didnt get much of any result from cee except bad taste, so im gona try this new stuff since i liked the old monohydrate. I just bought some Tricreatine Malate.... can anyone out there tell me how to take it? im guessing empty stomach 30 min before workout??
thanks bros

kruzedgar

kruzedgar

Awards
I'm using tri-creatine malate at the moment and its actually working! I've used mono, cee, kre, size-on and probably some others and got nothing. Its just bulk tri-creatine malate and am dosing 1g in the morning and 1g before bed on non-training days with and extra 1g before and after training on traing days!!
My weight is up a couple of pounds and strength is going extremely well. Will be hitting some pb's soon!!

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
I don't like to scare monger but I have heard rumors that CEE is bad for your kidneys. There was a guy on AM last year who got a kidney test and received some really bad news. He seemed adamant that it was the CEE responsible.

He did do a number of PH cycles close together, so there is always the possibility and he may just have blamed the CEE because his creatinine was elevated due to kidney damage.

Whatever the case was I dumped my CEE afterward.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
creatine malates (whether di or tri) have always worked very well for me as has kre alk, and mcc, but cee never did work as well as the aforementioned in my experiences.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I'll be going with Cre02 for the best creatine product.