New Supplement

ftballskolar

Awards
i am an athlete trying to stimulate my fast twitch muscle fibers as much as possible, i'm doin the plyos,olympic lifts and all that...... i recently found this new supplement that might help and i wanted to know if anyone on here has tried or heard anything about this product beides its hype?? its called H+BLOCKER, a carnosine synthesiser with huge claims
i would post the URL but i dont have 20 post. but you can google/yahoo it. any information would be helpful

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
If it has "huge claims" its most likely a gimmick, ala Muscle Tech..... Unless you can find real-world studies done by an appropriate scientific method (double-blind, etc..), performed by an independent body (and not paid by the supplement maker), then perhaps you'll be on to something.... Otherwise.. it's all a scam to get your hard-earned $$$

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Pax is wiggling his dong in the right direction on that one.

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
lol... it always wiggles in the "right" direction :)

ftballskolar

Awards
what doesnt have huge claims though?? every product has huge claims if we ran around buying products that dont have any hype nobody would see results. i guess i should have been more clear, this product claims to stimulate fast twitch muscle fibers without raising your testosterone levels therefore their claim is that they are starting a new trend of sports supplements by using CARNOSINE.....i just wanted to know from someone who has either taken H+BLOCKER or knows a thing or two about carnosine and products that can stimulate fast twitch fibers

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I've used some samples of this and am neutral on it. There may be something to it but I didn't notice anything apart from what I would have expected from the other ingredients in it. You might try a pubmed search for carnosine and fast twitch.

EDIT: a pubmed search using the term "carnosine and muscle" turned up 314 studies. Enjoy your reading.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I know that either carnosine or beta-aline + histine (or whichever 2 amino acids that carnosine breaks down to in the body) increases muscular endurance.
There was a study cited in one of the least few Muscular Developments saying that folks could run longer or something of the sort. I don't remember anyhting about fast twitch muscle fibers - but let me see if I can find the article/study.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I say give it a run and let us know what u get from it good or bad, remember when creatine first came out there were alot of educated people saying it would do more damage than good.I dont believe all the claims made by supp. companies but give it a fair shot, then pass judgment.....

BigFatBastard

Awards
I'm going to try it. There is a basis, a PhD dissertation, not bad in my opinion. However, I haven't had time to read the whole enchilada. I have been using NO-Explode and notice the difference. After, I take a little gluamine and creatine ethyl ester. Who know's, I'm 55 and I get many compliments including those from young girlfriends. Of course, I work my butt off too but that goes without saying LOL.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm going to try it. There is a basis, a PhD dissertation, not bad in my opinion. However, I haven't had time to read the whole enchilada. I have been using NO-Explode and notice the difference. After, I take a little gluamine and creatine ethyl ester. Who know's, I'm 55 and I get many compliments including those from young girlfriends. Of course, I work my butt off too but that goes without saying LOL.

At your age you could go with something more potent/actually works. Like... AAS.