Sugar Control Supplements

Champ

Champ

Board Supporter
Awards
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a few supplements at a store I work at that "supposedly" lowers blood sugar levels and maximizes the uptake of glucose.

The 2 key ingredients of these supps are Fenugreek and Gymnema. Here is what I found on Fenugreek. The mucilaginous fiber are thought to account for many of the beneficial effects of Fenugreek. The fiber may help to lower blood sugar levels. One human study found that fenugreek can help lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels in people with moderate atherosclerosis and non-insulin dependent (type2) diabetes. Preliminary and double blind trials have found that fenugreek helps improve blood sugar control in patients with insulin dependent (type1) and non-insulin dependent (type2) diabetes.

Now the GYMNEMA SYLVESTRE leaves raises insulin levels. Based on animal studies, this may be due to regeneration of the cells in the pancreas that secrete insulin. Other animal research shows that gymnema can also improve uptake of glucose into cells and prevent adrenaline from stimulating the liver to produce glucose, thereby reducing blood sugar levels.

My theory or question would be that if one would "knowingly" screw up with a meal other than a cheat meal, do you guys think that I supplement with these ingredients could help with foods that has a high sugar content?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Doubtfull IMO but I would like to see some studies on the matter.