Liver protection When on 1-Test?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I was wondering if you guys use any type or a variety of liver protectors during your cycles of 1-Test? I use them when on AAS for obvious reasons, but I would think that when on a 1-test cycle, as potent as it is, you also should use one.

Things like ALA, Milk Thistle, Tyler's Liver detox and of course the all important water are some of the one's I have tried. Something like milk thistle is also a very potent anti-oxidant also and its very cheap so you can kill two birds with one stone here...

What do you guys think?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I'm with you bro. I use Liver Pro.

shady

Awards
i have asked this same question over at bb.com and could not get an answer. i am planning on takeing ala after my next cycle when i lay off for 8 weeks.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
i have asked this same question over at bb.com and could not get an answer. i am planning on takeing ala after my next cycle when i lay off for 8 weeks.
You would want to run the ALA through your cycle.... once the cycle is over the damage to your liver has been done (not being a drama queen, I dont mean its rotting away) but you should run it through your cycle for the best protection.

shady

Awards
Originally posted by YellowJacket
You would want to run the ALA through your cycle.... once the cycle is over the damage to your liver has been done (not being a drama queen, I dont mean its rotting away) but you should run it through your cycle for the best protection.
k,thanks for the info.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
cant afford 15 dollars for 50g's? seems pretty cheap to me

DaddyR

Awards
I'll let y'all know. I get monthly liver enzyme tests since I also take a weekly chemo that can affect the liver. Hopefully I can drop by the docs office Monday and give a blood sample and know by the end of the week if my liver enzymes are wacky.

I hope they're not, because he then will make me go back to be re-tested every 10-14 days until the levels go back to normal. It's happened twice in recent years, in no relation to PH cycles at all.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I use milk thisle year round (higher doses while "on"), going to add ALA though next time.

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I have used ALA. The stuff kills my stomach though. The most I can take is 800mgs/day. But they say that this is enough for protecting the liver.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
According to Dante, 1t transdermally does not pass through the liver, so its not an issue.

I could probably dig up the post when I asked that question on Avant if you guys want to read it.

Kay

Awards
According to Dante, 1t transdermally does not pass through the liver, so its not an issue.

I could probably dig up the post when I asked that question on Avant if you guys want to read it.
it skips the first pass by the liver, so it has a greater conversion rate, but it is ultimately still broken down by the liver.

labrad

Awards
  • Established

it skips the first pass by the liver, so it has a greater conversion rate, but it is ultimately still broken down by the liver.
This was my understanding as well.

chi_town

Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate
Awards
1-test and the liver..........hmmmmmm

Do any of you have any info on exactly what effect 1-test has on the liver specifically.

Any articles, abstracts, credible theories ?

Understading what and how it effects the liver would be the first step in devising a plan to protect the liver properly, Right.
Or am I retarded in this thinking ?

PEACE
:cool:

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Hey Chi. Nice to see you over here on the dark side...hehehe. Talk to ya.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Chi-town! What's up? Take 1200mg ALA/day. Thinking of using some inositol as well. Any thoughts?

chi_town

Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate
Awards
Hey Chi. Nice to see you over here on the dark side...hehehe. Talk to ya.
It's not the dark side, only a different side.
Should be fun.

But let's not try and fool anybody, this site is a vehicle for $$ for Chemo and any partners he may have. And I have no problem with that. The people here are knowledgable and promote what is quickly becomming one of my favorite pastimes...... homebrewing and the knowledge surrounding it.

PEACE

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

It's not the dark side, only a different side.
Should be fun.

But let's not try and fool anybody, this site is a vehicle for $$ for Chemo and any partners he may have. And I have no problem with that. The people here are knowledgable and promote what is quickly becomming one of my favorite pastimes...... homebrewing and the knowledge surrounding it.

PEACE
No one is trying to be fooled....any site where objects are sold there is money to be made, it only makes sense.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Is there an echo on the board? :D

ManBeast

MotorCityAl

Awards
Lecithin is supposed to be very beneficial, and in fact helps to heal the liver. In fact, it may be one of the most beneficial, but overlooked supplements. There is an informative article in the October issue of ( yea, I buy it occasionally) Flex magazine written by Jim Wright. With a typical low fat diet (like many of us follow) you are not likely to get enough lecithin and choline. Lecithin, besides working to lower cholesterol levels, has been shown to prevent the development of alcohol-induced cirrhosis of the liver in animal testing, and human studies are now on the way. And choline (which is an accompanying element in lecithin) is REQUIRED for normal liver function. Healthy humans fed a choline-free diet for only a few weeks develop profiles that include early indicators of liver dysfunction. Adults need at least 6 grams a day of lecithin and .6-1 gram of choline. Bodybuilders should get more. It is recommended you take lecithin in its granular form. Over the course of the day, four or more tablespoons with food should do the trick.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by pogue

I may be wrong, but I thought I saw a thread that Par or Patrick said it eventually made it through the liver, maybe not first pass. Probably less impact than orals but does have some effect. Now if I could remember the thread??

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Motorcity AL is here too! Good to have you here Al.

Basically the only thing I found on 1test regarding liver enzymes on BB.com was this from Par:

"PA has mentioned that several people have reported alteration in liver enzyme profiles with 1-AD.

1-test has the same double bond, but only goes through the liver on the way out, so one would expect the same, but to a lesser degree. It is not permanant or dangerous. I don't know exactly how long it take for them to return to normal, though I would think it would be by your next test."

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44452

I'd have to search around some more on other boards, but I'm curious as o the "second pass" of trans 1test. Anyone else?

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
beyond a century . com its powder so id suggest capsuling it yourself.. i tried drinking it with juice OMG it taste so freakin terrible! or if you dont want to capsule it yourself  alphalipoicacid. tripod. com has a great price already capped.. or you can get it from 1fast for a little bit more money

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
yeah i think so.. but as long as you dont cap them in the sun i think youll be ok