Went to Sam's and bought a ton of Omega3 and flaxseed

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I bought 500 1gram caps of omega 3 and flaxseed, my question is, for cutting purposes, how much of this stuff would u guys take daily? :D

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
When I use flax, I use the oil. Since on Keto, it is used and counted as food. I've never used the caps, nor could I suggest how to. I do suggest however, supplementing with the oil. In order for you to see similar benefits from the caps, you would have to take quite a few.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I'd say even more, if you can... put it this way, much of my dietary fat comes from flax oil (and pb in minor amounts)

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
One TB flax oil contains 14g fats.

So if the caps have 1g fats, you'd need 14 to equal the amount in 1 TB. Not to mention that many go w/at least 2 TB daily even while cutting.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
One TB flax oil contains 14g fats.

So if the caps have 1g fats, you'd need 14 to equal the amount in 1 TB. Not to mention that many go w/at least 2 TB daily even while cutting.
I sometimes take as much as 6 tbsp/day.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
youd be surprised at how much those healthy fats will lean you out.. even adding in 2 tbsp's a day of extra virgin olive oil to your protein shakes will help add calories while giving you healthy fats and in the long run lean you out, seems contradictory but the absence of fat actually causes your metabolism to slow down..

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I think the best bet for EFA gels is probably SAN's lipidex, a kickass combo of EFA's. It's a little pricey, but I'm thinking about it myself and I'm a cheap bastard ;) Other than that, I'll go with Barleans anyday :)

JWest0926

Awards
whats the cheapest source of flax? Extra Virgin Olive Oil?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
whats the cheapest source of flax? Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
flax cheapest would be in liquid form. Anyone who takes them in capsule form has to throw down a good dozen + a day while one can take 1.5-2 tbsl of liquid flax (i use health from the sun high lignan version) and be good. Brands like barleans is a bit more per ounce than health from the sun. Not too sure about other brands b/c i havent tried any others....other than the two mentioned. To compare, i get the 16oz bottle for 9 bucks each. As for e.v.o.o. just pick up a decent sized one at your local supermarket or costco/sam's club. Sage