question about 6-oxo

lvtrojan

Awards
it says in the write up that 6-oxo can be taken even if you're not on a cycle or just finishing to naturally raise test levels...is this basically like taking zma to get levels to a normal range or is it actually raising test levels beyond that?

thanks for replies.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
No, zinc may help to restore natty test levels back to normal if a deficiency is present (which can be common among athletes, however). It is a mineral, nothing more.

6-oxo is an aromtase inhibitor, which helps control estrogen levels by binding to the aromatase enzyme. No point in typing it all out here, look up 6-oxo on Ergopharm's web site and check out the mechanisms by which aromatase works, and how this would be surpressed when 6-oxo binds to it.

lvtrojan

Awards
i understand how it works and that zma works by a completely different mechanism, im wondering if 6-oxo results in a significant enough boost to your test levels to be worth taking when not on or recovering from a cycle.

spike1205

Awards
i read somewhere--i believe on elite, that if you take it at high enough levels it can have some good effects, even whne not in recovery

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by lvtrojan
i understand how it works and that zma works by a completely different mechanism, im wondering if 6-oxo results in a significant enough boost to your test levels to be worth taking when not on or recovering from a cycle.
Try it and let us know! :D This has been asked before over at BB.com to Patrick Arnold, and he basically shyed away from the answer becuase there really isn't one yet. A good test would be for someone to start a moderate dose of 6-oxo while off cycle for a significant amount of time, at maintenance cals, using the same lifting routine....you get the idea, controlling the most amount of variables possible then reporting results after maybe 4 weeks. Obvioulsy a placebo group would be nice, but at least one good report on 6-oxo while off cycle would be a start, I haven't read any good ones yet.