Anyone else get sickish from carbonated pre workouts?

ultramario17

Awards
C4 ultimate carbonated is really good. I enjoy it and really hits hard. But 45 min or so into my workout I start feeling weird in stomach.

I'm fine with c4 non carb. Anyone else not feeling the carbonated drinks for an actual workout?

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ll drink them on occasion but never pwo. I’ll stick to my focus Xt and X-gels for pwo

ultramario17

Awards
I drink all the time, but started for working out. Just not a fan, makes blood sugar or something feel weird. Got blood test and everything is fine

airn890

Awards
Same. I get sick from a lot of them actually

I like nitraflex though, easy on the belly

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Pretty typical. carbonated water can cause a buildup of air that can move down the digestive tract and into the colon, causing bloating and gas. Conmpanies do vary the amount of carbonation in their products. For example, Bang is very heavy in carbonation whereas Hyde/Raze is very light. Mileage will vary depending on how your body can digest it. Some people it crushes them and bloats the hell out of them, so they opt for a drink like Celsius or the regular C4 RTD's that have 0 carbonation.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Super bloat on them all. 16+ OZ in all of them as well. They should be making these in 8oz cans.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If anything I get sick from drink too many non carbonated liquids.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bang, to me has very very little carbonation. Something like Monster, as far as comparable energy drinks go, has a whole ton more carbonation. It’s as fizzy as fizzy gets.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So aside from the tingling from the beta alanine, the chills and palpitations from the yohimbine, and trembling from the 6 cups of coffee worth of caffiene in one shot, I now can get bloating and extra gas build up in my stomach? Fantastic!

Lol/jk for the most part, but some of these preworkouts are nuts to me

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So aside from the tingling from the beta alanine, the chills and palpitations from the yohimbine, and trembling from the 6 cups of coffee worth of caffiene in one shot, I now can get bloating and extra gas build up in my stomach? Fantastic!

Lol/jk for the most part, but some of these preworkouts are nuts to me
Completely overlooking the aortic dissection from an overdose of dmaa and synephrines.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh and the meth aka all sorts of phenylethylamines combined with an Maoi.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly I think all these super crazy pres are for guys that don’t know how to program correctly and think they need to hit every machine in the gym for hours...Endless pump work and no strength progression..Continually looking the same year after year

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly I think all these super crazy pres are for guys that don’t know how to program correctly and think they need to hit every machine in the gym for hours...Endless pump work and no strength progression..Continually looking the same year after year
You know...you honestly might be on to something there.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
you mean i have to drink an energy drink, or buy a powder to justify working out?
You mean I don't have to properly adjust my diet to accommodate my training
We have been doing it wrong all along.
Granted I have seen some people buy/bargain on here at $80-100 for a pre
#MindBlown

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Powdered pres tgat are carbonated kill me but bangs go down easily and never give me a problem. But I also drink them over 15-20 mins