FDA stepping in again

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They sure do know what’s best for all us simpletons.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure I see this as a bad thing.

What they are saying is they want to target products which make health claims and contain undisclosed ingredients.

The supplement market is huge and it's growth has also allowed naturopath companies who sell supplements under the guise of treating an illness to make outlandish claims. The issue here is that a lot of people are rejecting true medical intervention for these supplements which may have implications for both them and others they are in contact with.

Take the anti vaccine movement for instance; the growth of naturopathic supplements is aiding anti vaxxers by offering natural alternatives that claim to fight off disease/ illness when in reality they don't. The consequence is one of a huge public health threat to all unvaccinated children as a consequence of a misguided belief their parents hold.

The FDA has an obligation to protect the average consumer from companies and people who intentionally deceive to turn a profit.

Unfortunately stricter intervention are required because, quite frankly, the average consumer is about as educated as a brick in the world of medicine and supplements and are too easily swayed by the idea of 'natural'.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure I see this as a bad thing.

What they are saying is they want to target products which make health claims and contain undisclosed ingredients.

The supplement market is huge and it's growth has also allowed naturopath companies who sell supplements under the guise of treating an illness to make outlandish claims. The issue here is that a lot of people are rejecting true medical intervention for these supplements which may have implications for both them and others they are in contact with.

Take the anti vaccine movement for instance; the growth of naturopathic supplements is aiding anti vaxxers by offering natural alternatives that claim to fight off disease/ illness when in reality they don't. The consequence is one of a huge public health threat to all unvaccinated children as a consequence of a misguided belief their parents hold.

The FDA has an obligation to protect the average consumer from companies and people who intentionally deceive to turn a profit.

Unfortunately stricter intervention are required because, quite frankly, the average consumer is about as educated as a brick in the world of medicine and supplements and are too easily swayed by the idea of 'natural'.
I am pretty sure most anti vaxxers would be doing that whether they thought there were supplements to help or not. They are not taking vaccines out of fear, bad information, and or ignorance. It is not a "Hey this supplement can help the immune system, so now there is no need to get vaccines for the kids... " It is more like "There is no way I am giving my kids vaccines, maybe I should look for a supplement for the immune system instead."

I remember in one of the earlier bans the FDA passed years ago that supplements could not make medical claims, we don't need a new bill, just enforce what is on the books...

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I
I remember in one of the earlier bans the FDA passed years ago that supplements could not make medical claims, we don't need a new bill, just enforce what is on the books...
Which is pretty much my point. It's nothing really new, it's just them flexing again. I personally can't stand Gottlieb and not a fan of the FDA in general. They have a purpose, but I don't trust the agenda.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I do not vaccinate my family because I know the dangers of IM injections of even minute doses of aluminum, and mercury. Many vaccines also were created through aborted fetal tissue, and I am pro life through and through. I believe God gave man an immune system, that does not need aid from an IM injection of chemicals, heavy metals, and a virus.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do not vaccinate my family because I know the dangers of IM injections of even minute doses of aluminum, and mercury. Many vaccines also were created through aborted fetal tissue, and I am pro life through and through. I believe God gave man an immune system, that does not need aid from an IM injection of chemicals, heavy metals, and a virus.
If you’re using the God-gave-man argument, I really hope you don’t wear glasses, take any medications, and especially don’t take any anabolics that would disrupt your God-given hormone balance.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you’re using the God-gave-man argument, I really hope you don’t wear glasses, take any medications, and especially don’t take any anabolics that would disrupt your God-given hormone balance.
I account for "the fall of man". Men degrade. Men can get sick, even healthy men. I just find the immune system to be effective compared to injecting the adjuvant aluminum IM, which is a heavy metal, and since it is combined with polysorbate 80, it is able to cross the blood brain barrier. I am okay taking chances getting the flu, measles, chicken pox, HRV, etc... I believe in the autonomy of man, man has the right for his own body, and his family what gets put inside them.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I account for "the fall of man". Men degrade. Men can get sick, even healthy men. I just find the immune system to be effective compared to injecting the adjuvant aluminum IM, which is a heavy metal, and since it is combined with polysorbate 80, it is able to cross the blood brain barrier. I am okay taking chances getting the flu, measles, chicken pox, HRV, etc... I believe in the autonomy of man, man has the right for his own body, and his family what gets put inside them.
If the God-given immune system is sufficient, why is the God-given eye sight or God given hormone balance not also sufficient? Just say you think the risk/reward balance isn’t there for you; don’t give logically inconsistent theological arguments.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If the God-given immune system is sufficient, why is the God-given eye sight or God given hormone balance not also sufficient? Just say you think the risk/reward balance isn’t there for you; don’t give logically inconsistent theological arguments.
Generally speaking, the immune system is sufficient. Generally most do not have eye issues, at least younger people. Generally, younger people do not have hormone issues. Generally, even though men are defective, most won't need glasses, extra hormones, if they took care of themselves, at least not until they get older. But I get it, it would be more appropriate to give a risk/reward explanation, over a theological response.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If this isn't a joke I prefer you choose another thread to discuss your misguided thoughts. I want nothing to do with you in this thread.

Reactions: Nac

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Generally speaking, the immune system is sufficient. Generally most do not have eye issues, at least younger people. Generally, younger people do not have hormone issues. Generally, even though men are defective, most won't need glasses, extra hormones, if they took care of themselves, at least not until they get older. But I get it, it would be more appropriate to give a risk/reward explanation, over a theological response.
Seriously GTFO with your lunacy. And don't send your kids to any of our kid's schools.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Seriously GTFO with your lunacy. And don't send your kids to any of our kid's schools.
You see, look at your statements. Illogical, the way you react. You have not done your studying on the risk/reward. You haven't any idea of the vaccine injury compensation program that pays out millions of dollars every year. You have not a clue in how MILD most of the viruses on the vaccine schedule are. This is a business, to make money. You know our parents recieved literally a FEW vaccines, compared to the multiple times that millennials and younger recieved. If you want to vaccinate, and lay at the feet of CDC, go ahead, but don't castigate, and belittle people with differing points of view.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Annnnnd you’re the reason there is a measles outbreak right now.

I put flat earthers and anti Vaxxers on the same plane.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Measles outbreak ...

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Actually, that is media fear tactics to boost sales of the MMR vaccine. The sales were getting lower. The amount of people getting measles every year generally stays around the same number, a low number by the way. This is common, there is just a twist on the info to scare people into "re upping" the mmr shot to boost sales. Research it. And besides, again, a mild virus. Before the Measles vaccines existed, people treated it like chicken pox, and gathered around those infected so that their household would get over it.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do research on the combination of aluminum and polysorbate 80, what it does to the brain. You can recover from a mild virus, but most people do not recover from brain damage

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Riiiigght!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And by the way, I love science. Good science never says, "the science is settled", good science is all about thesis, experiment, and observe. I do not agree with the notion that it is SETTLED that vaccines are generally safe, I believe specific safety studies need to be done, I believe they need to find a replacement for aluminum as the adjuvant (this is what excites an immune response), and I believe they need to find a suitable replacement for the human and animal DNA used to culture the viruses.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m wearing glasses right now.

Also, we’re on Anabolic Minds, a supplement and anabolic forum. We all use some substances intended to improve some aspect(s) of our God-given abilities. Adaptogens, nootropics, ergogens, they all are designed to augment our natural abilities and qualities. But maybe God gave us these things and the ability to create these things to be used? And gave us wisdom and intelligence to learn, sometimes through trial and error, which ones we should keep using and which ones we shouldn’t. At least you can be consistent with a logical argument, because the theological one not only comes from a place where I can’t objectively debate you, but one where it’s not fully consistent with a myriad of other things you probably do/use daily.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m wearing glasses right now.

Also, we’re on Anabolic Minds, a supplement and anabolic forum. We all use some substances intended to improve some aspect(s) of our God-given abilities. Adaptogens, nootropics, ergogens, they all are designed to augment our natural abilities and qualities. But maybe God gave us these things and the ability to create these things to be used? And gave us wisdom and intelligence to learn, sometimes through trial and error, which ones we should keep using and which ones we shouldn’t. At least you can be consistent with a logical argument, because the theological one not only comes from a place where I can’t objectively debate you, but one where it’s not fully consistent with a myriad of other things you probably do/use daily.
You were right, I went about the discussion/debate, or how I feel the wrong way initially.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
About 10 people per state, out of 10 states... Out of almost 400 million.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I am pretty sure most anti vaxxers would be doing that whether they thought there were supplements to help or not. They are not taking vaccines out of fear, bad information, and or ignorance. It is not a "Hey this supplement can help the immune system, so now there is no need to get vaccines for the kids... " It is more like "There is no way I am giving my kids vaccines, maybe I should look for a supplement for the immune system instead."

Good points.

I do think people leverage that fear to turn a profit however. I personally believe supplement companies should be held accountable for claiming they can cure a disease when they can't, but i can see where you're coming from.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You see, look at your statements. Illogical, the way you react. You have not done your studying on the risk/reward. You haven't any idea of the vaccine injury compensation program that pays out millions of dollars every year. You have not a clue in how MILD most of the viruses on the vaccine schedule are. This is a business, to make money. You know our parents recieved literally a FEW vaccines, compared to the multiple times that millennials and younger recieved. If you want to vaccinate, and lay at the feet of CDC, go ahead, but don't castigate, and belittle people with differing points of view.
You are part of the problem at the moment. You don't see it because you are so caught up in it, but if you choose to not vaccinate your children, you are willfully and intentionally using them as a pawn in your game of politics, and that borders on child abuse in my eyes.

You may disagree, but your beliefs on vaccinations are on par with your level of understanding of them - which is very low.

Anti vaxxers often lean on the mercury argument in vaccines as harmful, despite it being ethylmercury and not methylmercury - the distinction is incredibly important, and connecting the two is a fallacy anti vaxxers lean on (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23401210/). These basic misunderstandings are why noone in the anti vaxing community should be out giving health advice.

In any case, it is funny you say the immune system is sufficient- tell that to the people who, just over 150+ years ago were only living to about 30 years of age and were often accustomed to having 5+ children because so many were dying at birth.

But hey, because that stuff doesnt happen now, because of vaccines, we no longer need it right? :facepalm:

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
About 10 people per state, out of 10 states... Out of almost 400 million.
You meant to say roughly three people every day since the beginning of the year has contracted measles (again, so far)

Bye bye herd immunity.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are part of the problem at the moment. You don't see it because you are so caught up in it, but if you choose to not vaccinate your children, you are willfully and intentionally using them as a pawn in your game of politics, and that borders on child abuse in my eyes.

You may disagree, but your believes and understandings of vaccinations are on par with your level of understanding of them - which is very low. Especially as you described mercury in vaccines as harmful, despite it being ethylmercury and not methylmercury - the distinction is incredibly important, and even remotely connecting the two is a fallacy anti vaxxers lean on (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23401210/).

In any case, it is funny you say the immune system is sufficient- tell that to the people who, just over 150+ years ago were only living to about 30 years of age and were often accustomed to having 5+ children because so many were dying at birth.

But hey, because that stuff doesnt happen now, because of vaccines, we no longer need it right? :facepalm:
This is a good point. Someone in 2019 America can not vaccinate their kid and it’s statistically likely that their kid won’t get something terrible, but the more people that adopt this mindset, the more likely the unvaccinated child is to catch something. If half the people thought this way, the logic and statistics wouldn’t hold up anymore; you’re currently relying on the fact that the vast majority of people are vaccinated. If this were not true, you couldn’t ride the statistical odds on the backs of other people.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You meant to say roughly three people every day since the beginning of the year has SOMEONE contacted measles (again, so far)

Bye bye herd immunity.
Do you not realize that if somebody contracts measles naturally, rather than through the vaccine, that their immunity is more permanent, then a vaccine. That would create a better herd immunity.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

You may disagree, but your beliefs on vaccinations are on par with your level of understanding of them - which is very low.

Anti vaxxers often lean on the mercury argument in vaccines as harmful, despite it being ethylmercury and not methylmercury - the distinction is incredibly important, and connecting the two is a fallacy anti vaxxers lean on (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23401210/). These basic misunderstandings are why noone in the anti vaxing community should be out giving health advice.

Plenty of people Beyond a hundred years ago that lived over 70 years old.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Also, I lean more on the aluminum adjuvant issue, more so than the Mercury issue because more vaccines have aluminum as their adjuvant then they do have mercury. Many vaccines also have a DNA from aborted fetal cells, and those of us who are pro-life disagree with the method of obtaining those cells.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This is a good point. Someone in 2019 America can not vaccinate their kid and it’s statistically likely that their kid won’t get something terrible, but the more people that adopt this mindset, the more likely the unvaccinated child is to catch something. If half the people thought this way, the logic and statistics wouldn’t hold up anymore; you’re currently relying on the fact that the vast majority of people are vaccinated. If this were not true, you couldn’t ride the statistical odds on the backs of other people.
People have ridden the herd immunity for so long, they've never experienced life before vaccines and suddenly see no importance in them.

I mean, look at how good our immunity is when the black plague ripped through and killed hundreds of millions of people.

Or that time during the first world war when the spanish flu killed hundreds of millions of people.

Yep, we sure don't have a flawed immune system :rollseyes:

Anyway, lets keep this on topic haha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you not realize that if somebody contracts measles naturally, rather than through the vaccine, that their immunity is more permanent, then a vaccine. That would create a better herd immunity.
Tell that to the myriad of severely ill or dead children your plan would necessitate to get to that point...

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tell that to the myriad of severely ill or dead children your plan would necessitate to get to that point...
Pretty sure more people have been harmed through the MMR vaccine than actually Contracting measles.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Also, I lean more on the aluminum adjuvant issue, more so than the Mercury issue because more vaccines have aluminum as their adjuvant then they do have mercury. Many vaccines also have a DNA from aborted fetal cells, and those of us who are pro-life disagree with the method of obtaining those cells.
I hope you dont drink tap water or eat food. Both contain aluminum.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty sure more people have been harmed through the MMR vaccine than actually Contracting measles.
That’s not at all what I’m saying. I’m saying that you claimed letting measles run its course so people develop natural immunities to it would be preferable to vaccinating against it. The only reason less people are harmed from it is because they’re vaccinated against it. To build up the herd immunity you mentioned would inherently necessitate many, many people contracting it and either building a resistance to it or dying and being weeded out of the gene pool.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I hope you dont drink tap water or eat food. Both contain aluminum.
I have a reverse osmosis unit. And aluminum through food bases through the digestive system, rather than IM injection. But I'm done. I am for your right to vaccinate.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Plenty of people Beyond a hundred years ago that lived over 70 years old.
Look up the average life span of people in the 1800s. 30-50 was the average. It is now 80 in most places.

Why do you think that is?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I have a reverse osmosis unit. And aluminum through food bases through the digestive system, rather than IM injection. But I'm done. I am for your right to vaccinate.
Some still enters the blood stream.

Thank you, but i do hope you withdraw your children from public school as it is not fair on immocompromised children or other children who are not able to vaccinate for health reasons who rely on herd immunity to be willfully exposed to children whose parents intentionally do not vaccinate them.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also think that median lifespan should be looked at, see how it differed as well?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That’s not at all what I’m saying. I’m saying that you claimed letting measles run its course so people develop natural immunities to it would be preferable to vaccinating against it. The only reason less people are harmed from it is because they’re vaccinated against it. To build up the herd immunity you mentioned would inherently necessitate many, many people contracting it and either building a resistance to it or dying and being weeded out of the gene pool.
I understood what you were saying. Generally, measles is mild, like the chicken pox, which most of us contracted, and most survived.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Look up the average life span of people in the 1800s. 30-50 was the average. It is now 80 in most places.

Why do you think that is?
Plumbing, the knowlege to wash hands with running water rather than sitting water. Proper waste disposal. Better travel, and housing.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Before it gets heated and more off topic, we should change it back lol.

Its always a good debate about the FDA and things, and i always find it quite fascinating to hear others opinions on these things

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Before it gets heated and more off topic, we should change it back lol.

Its always a good debate about the FDA and things, and i always find it quite fascinating to hear others opinions on these things
I am all for opposing views. I enjoy debates, discussions.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Plumbing, the knowlege to wash hands with running water rather than sitting water. Proper waste disposal. Better travel, and housing.
You do know that one of the biggest improvements in water quality has been chlorination, right? A blanket fear of chemicals would, and does, make people afraid when they hear there’s chlorine in your drinking water, but it keeps much, much worse things out of it. So simply saying that you want to avoid chemicals isn’t inherently even a good idea.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Polio.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Am I an ******* because I feel reading this thread that now some of your other viewpoints suddenly make sense knowing you are an anti-vaxer? ?*♂?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Am I an ******* because I feel reading this thread that now some of your other viewpoints suddenly make sense knowing you are an anti-vaxer? ��*♂��
I try to not let politics affect my relationships with people, but the second I find out someone is against vaccinations I can't even stand to be near them anymore. If someone is going to just blatantly ignore facts, I want nothing to do with them. Lol

It is a shame these people are already vaccinated, though, and it is their innocent children who suffer.