CBD Oil - Anyone else?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My doctor suggested I try cbd oil for anxiety, insomnia and blood pressure. Does anyone else use it for these issues? The first time I took 20mg, it was too strong. I felt super relaxed but to the point I couldn’t focus at work, so that wasn’t great. But I’m reading of people using over 100mg at a time?! I haven’t taken it since because of that effect. Maybe I should use it prebed only?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you should consider a transdermal, as it will slow release the delivery :)

We're actually receiving a batch of TD CBD for beta later this week...let me know if you'd be interested in picking up a beta bottle. I have all the lab test results for them, if you're interested.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why not work your way up in Dosage? With a pump you can work your way up daily (i think usually there are 1-2mg per pump products).. the best i’ve tried were from dispensaries (cbd gummies 5mg/dosage) and a 10mg candy (this one i felt the most).

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

We're actually receiving a batch of TD CBD for beta later this week...let me know if you'd be interested in picking up a beta bottle. I have all the lab test results for them, if you're interested.
Interesting! So assuming the molecular weight is ideal for TD transfer.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah, mw is 314.464...td cbd is awesome! much more efficient, easy delivery, etc! I suffer from occipital neuralgia and this has done wonders for my neck/head.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I absolutely hate transdermals lol. Thanks though.

Why not work your way up in Dosage? With a pump you can work your way up daily (i think usually there are 1-2mg per pump products).. the best i’ve tried were from dispensaries (cbd gummies 5mg/dosage) and a 10mg candy (this one i felt the most).
What’s a dispensary? I only have 20mg and 15mg soft-gels. 5’s and 10’s would be great though if I could find them from a quality source.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I absolutely hate transdermals lol. Thanks though.

What’s a dispensary? I only have 20mg and 15mg soft-gels. 5’s and 10’s would be great though if I could find them from a quality source.
to each their own. .5ml once a day works wonders for me (actually, I don't need to use it every day...more like 2 times a week)

a dispensary is essentially a distributor of marijuana...depending on your state, they may require you to bring your prescription with you to purchase products or a medical marijuana card. In california, you can walk into a dispensary using your ID.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
to each their own. .5ml once a day works wonders for me (actually, I don't need to use it every day...more like 2 times a week)

a dispensary is essentially a distributor of marijuana...depending on your state, they may require you to bring your prescription with you to purchase products or a medical marijuana card. In california, you can walk into a dispensary using your ID.
Oh, it’s not like that in GA. Those are still called drug dealers lol.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh, it’s not like that in GA. Those are still called drug dealers lol.
As someone who is a regular user of cbd, there are a short list of companies I would trust. I use mainly for pain (I’m dealing with major spinal and hip issues) since I don’t use opioids. If you want to DM me I’ll share where I get mine. With a letter from a doctor one company will give you a hefty discount.

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You can order CBD flowers legally online. The farm bill passed making it legal. Smoking the flowers is the most efficient method and you get the most from inhalation. I have started to prefer it to thc, I know many probably don't smoke nor want to, but just offering my opinion.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I vape it..but mine is such a low dose I dont notice sleep benefits from it

I also have some gummy edibles

I actually really enjoy using it before basketball...it somewhat puts me in the zone

Wish I had a stronger mg for the sleep quality since my sleep has been a disaster as of late...possibly my next order

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm honestly ignorant to the topic here. But I'm pretty sure you can buy CBD oils in supplement shops in PA without a script. If there's no THC, isn't it legal regardless of state laws on marijuana?

Standup

Banned
Awards
My doctor suggested I try cbd oil for anxiety, insomnia and blood pressure. Does anyone else use it for these issues? The first time I took 20mg, it was too strong. I felt super relaxed but to the point I couldn’t focus at work, so that wasn’t great. But I’m reading of people using over 100mg at a time?! I haven’t taken it since because of that effect. Maybe I should use it prebed only?
I use it for insomnia, anxiety, and pain. More pain than anything else. Which one are you taking? 20 mg is amazing I usually need 50-100 mg of CBD and 2-10 mg of thc in my hemp extract to see a difference. So I suggest full spectrum if you're not already taking one. Prebed is fine but it takes 2 hours to work orally for me I'd suggest taking it late afternoon or very early evening so you can enjoy the effects.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm honestly ignorant to the topic here. But I'm pretty sure you can buy CBD oils in supplement shops in PA without a script. If there's no THC, isn't it legal regardless of state laws on marijuana?
i'm not sure about state laws, I think it is.....but in PA, I can go to the gas station and get it, not that I trust gas station anything but it just shows how readily available it is

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! Didn't realize cbd could even be taken transdermal. Look forward to seeing your product when it comes out.
I have been wanting to try transdermal CBD for awhile now for shoulder pain. The reasons I haven’t is all the once I have seen on the market are so low in CBD and for such a high price tag.

Looking forward to see his new product.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have been wanting to try transdermal CBD for awhile now for shoulder pain. The reasons I haven’t is all the once I have seen on the market are so low in CBD and for such a high price tag.

PM delsolrob

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Agreed. Everything seems too high price right now on it. Waiting for the CBD hype to die down before I try ha

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lazarus naturals is voted one of the best quality suppliers on CBD oils, salves etc. They also offer 60% off if you qualify for low income & veterans as well.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lazarus naturals is voted one of the best quality suppliers on CBD oils, salves etc. They also offer 60% off if you qualify for low income & veterans as well.
This also includes anyone with a injury

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How does smoking the CBD hemp flower differ than taking CBD oil? 1g of flowers is significantly cheaper than 1g of oil.

Would you have to smoke the entire gram in one night to get the increased effects over the oil that people talk about? Assuming it's a dose of 5-25mg oil.

Standup

Banned
Awards
How does smoking the CBD hemp flower differ than taking CBD oil? 1g of flowers is significantly cheaper than 1g of oil.

Would you have to smoke the entire gram in one night to get the increased effects over the oil that people talk about? Assuming it's a dose of 5-25mg oil.
Smoking is way faster like minutes and better absorbed. Oil takes 2 hours but is much longer lasting. 5-100 mg of cbd depending on your tolerance and ideally you want at least 1-3 mg of thc per dose if you really want to feel it.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

It all depends on the plant. Each strain and “nug” has different concentration. This also comes down to size. When you buy they can tell you the mg. Some cigarette style can have up to 100mg of cbd each.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
are you guys talking about vape "oil" or juice? or some kind of actualy tincture oil? because the vape juice 100mg is on the low end and you can get up to 1000mg

Nutrex

Nutrex

Awards
are you guys talking about vape "oil" or juice? or some kind of actualy tincture oil? because the vape juice 100mg is on the low end and you can get up to 1000mg
I think it has moved on to all kinds of strengths and styles. But very interesting.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We have a tons of CBD oils and extracts around- benefit of having friends and being involved in the industry, and we typically will vape it with added terpenes. My wife loves the anxiolytic effects, but I prefer a more full plant experience with a low 1-2% THC content mixed in. Only available in legal states, but I would recommend it because that little THC makes a WORLD of difference.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So far I’ve used Procana CBD Complete at 20mg, which was too strong but maybe good for sleep. I just took 1 Axis Labs 15mg and waiting for it to kick in.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just ordered a few pre rolled CBD joints. 20mg CBD oil soft gels seemed to only give me a subtle better nights sleep. THC makes me super anxious and paranoid, so we will see how this compares. It should be about 60mg CBD per joint from what I saw. I went with the cheaper vendor to test for now, if I notice anything slight I will try one of the better quality places.

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I just ordered a few pre rolled CBD joints. 20mg CBD oil soft gels seemed to only give me a subtle better nights sleep. THC makes me super anxious and paranoid, so we will see how this compares. It should be about 60mg CBD per joint from what I saw. I went with the cheaper vendor to test for now, if I notice anything slight I will try one of the better quality places.
I think your gonna dig it, I still enjoy thc in moderation but I can't handle the anxiety from many strains. CBD feels like thc to me, minus the paranoia.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So far I’ve used Procana CBD Complete at 20mg, which was too strong but maybe good for sleep. I just took 1 Axis Labs 15mg and waiting for it to kick in.
I started there for pain. Now at around 50-75mg. If you want to try a topical I have a line on a good one.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started there for pain. Now at around 50-75mg. If you want to try a topical I have a line on a good one.
please share, I've had neck issues for years but also a sprained ankle that still bothers me 4 months later

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ACDC and Suver Haze >>>

2018 farm bill

100% legal

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That stuff sure looks like it’ll get you high lol. Granted, I have no idea either.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Won’t get you high but when I tell you it rivals alprolozam for combating anxiety it really does.

The THC content is <.3% percent Cannabis that will get you high is 15-30% THC

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Won’t get you high but when I tell you it rivals alprolozam for combating anxiety it really does.

The THC content is <.3% percent Cannabis that will get you high is 15-30% THC
Well... “brick weed” like what was common and cheap in the 90s and early 2000s certainly got you high but you had to pull out all the seeds. And that stuff was purportedly only between 1%-5%.

I’d imagine if you use enough of 0.3% it’s going to cause at least a slight head change. Good feelings. Definitely not a stupefying dosage unless you went ridiculously large.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

The THC content is <.3% percent...
So how many mg of cbd are we talking to get that effect? That sounds perfect. I prefer caps than smoking bud but I am definitely looking for that type of anti anxiety effect. Also sleep induction would be great too.

I tried that 20mg of Procana yesterday and it wasn’t nearly as strong as the first day.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So how many mg of cbd are we talking to get that effect? That sounds perfect. I prefer caps than smoking bud but I am definitely looking for that type of anti anxiety effect. Also sleep induction would be great too.

I tried that 20mg of Procana yesterday and it wasn’t nearly as strong as the first day.
Can you detail your procana experience? How you felt? Good to get you to sleep? Looking at that brand.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well... “brick weed” like what was common and cheap in the 90s and early 2000s certainly got you high but you had to pull out all the seeds. And that stuff was purportedly only between 1%-5%.

I’d imagine if you use enough of 0.3% it’s going to cause at least a slight head change. Good feelings. Definitely not a stupefying dosage unless you went ridiculously large.
I’m not doubting what your saying but how can you be so sure that the thc content was so low, I know for a fact that this hemp has low THC based off of the lab paperwork provided in the package. I can say with certainty that it does not make you feel high

LYjJQ9P.jpg

3mZIAhq.jpg

m59tDKq.jpg

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I wish I could give you an exact number I just break some up and roll it up and let the anxiety melt away

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wish I could give you an exact number I just break some up and roll it up and let the anxiety melt away
You order from procana? If so, have you tried the tinctures/oil. Good for helping with insomnia?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been thinking of trying CBD for back pain, I tried it a few years ago to help with sleep but it did not seam to help.

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The buds are definitely more effective than carts, havent tried tinctures yet. I've got 3 different CBD strains on hand, a couple bowls has me chill but not high. It definitely helps for anxiety, I also am prescribed to alprazolam and I can dose less while using CBD along side it. If your familiar with thc, or the body relaxation that some indicas or purple strains provide, it's similar to that without the mindset. Seems to help with pain as well. I was super skeptical now I'm all about and and smoke thc much less.

big_jewels

big_jewels

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've tried it for over a year, for times of anxiety and pain relief and excessive squat days, works wonders. I'm good at just 20mgs. Everyone is different though . I read that compound solutions has a NEXTcbd which is way more absorbable so you would probably need less to get more out of it.

Standup

Banned
Awards
I have been thinking of trying CBD for back pain, I tried it a few years ago to help with sleep but it did not seam to help.
I use it for back pain but you need a strong full spectrum extract with both cbd and thc to really notice it.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can you detail your procana experience? How you felt? Good to get you to sleep? Looking at that brand.
Not a very powerful experience, but it may just not be enough. I don’t know. I’ll be trying Lazarus next though. I’m using Axis 15mg twice a day now and it’s been ok for anxiety relief but not nearly strong enough if I wanted to use it for sleep. Still wake up at 2am wide eyed...

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not a very powerful experience, but it may just not be enough. I don’t know. I’ll be trying Lazarus next though. I’m using Axis 15mg twice a day now and it’s been ok for anxiety relief but not nearly strong enough if I wanted to use it for sleep. Still wake up at 2am wide eyed...
That is unfortunate.