What's the perfect timing for Agmatine?

clint3612

Awards
I take citrulline, beta-alanine creatine , and Agmatine in my homemade PWO. Anyways, I heard that Citrulline competes and reduces Agmatine's effectiveness.

I love the possibility of the insulin sensitivity properties that agmatine brings. So, I'm thinking about doing that maybe between meals or something since citrulline already helps with the pumps and supposedly cancels out agmatine. What do you all think? What do you all do?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take mine 5-30 minutes before heading to the gym usually.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I take citrulline, beta-alanine creatine , and Agmatine in my homemade PWO. Anyways, I heard that Citrulline competes and reduces Agmatine's effectiveness.

I love the possibility of the insulin sensitivity properties that agmatine brings. So, I'm thinking about doing that maybe between meals or something since citrulline already helps with the pumps and supposedly cancels out agmatine. What do you all think? What do you all do?
Citrulline and Agmatine are fine to dose together, and it won’t be a cancelling out effect. I like either pre carb or pre workout.

I did a short write up a couple of years ago on it here with some thoughts on dosing: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/289556-agmatine-more-than.html

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
agmatine seems like one of those products where timing isn't a huge issue....there are multiple benefits so it depends on what you want out of it....30 minutes pre workout, 30 minute pre carb meal, before bed....it's really up to the user and what they are looking for

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You should be fine taking it pre.

Currently take mine during my workout.

ZachHXx

ZachHXx

Awards
  • Established
I take SNS agmatine morning, afternoon and pre workout and have for years. Keeps me pumped all day, helps with mood, (notice its in Vicaine PM for a reason), and it's insulin benefits as well. It doesn't take high dosing to reap the benefits. I aim for about 1.5 grams a day between their caps and powder

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take SNS agmatine morning, afternoon and pre workout and have for years. Keeps me pumped all day, helps with mood, (notice its in Vicaine PM for a reason), and it's insulin benefits as well. It doesn't take high dosing to reap the benefits. I aim for about 1.5 grams a day between their caps and powder
I haven’t used agmatine outside of a pump product (glycophase or my pre workout) although I know a lot of people use it in conjunction with a GDA(that doesn’t have it) or solo as a GDA. Haven’t used the capped SNS agmatine but the powder is g2g. 750-1g, 20-30min pre workout and

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I take my SNS glycophase (has agmatine in it) a couple hours before my workout with a big carb meal. Agmatine has nutrient partitioning effects as well and pump enhancement. If I was taking it solo I would take my SNS Agmatine about an hour before my workout with a decent amount of carbs

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take my SNS glycophase (has agmatine in it) a couple hours before my workout with a big carb meal. Agmatine has nutrient partitioning effects as well and pump enhancement. If I was taking it solo I would take my SNS Agmatine about an hour before my workout with a decent amount of carbs
Im using glycophase as well at two capsules with first meal.

today did this, plus 500 mgs agmatine pre workout,.