Ginseng and Siberian Ginseng

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have two questions.

Do these need to be cycled or can they be taken everyday?

I seem to remember reading that they work via different pathways and so can they be stacked?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Panax ginseng should be cycled. 4 weeks is fine, but it looks like tolerance develops by week 8:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11895046/

So I’m not sure where exactly that tolerance occurs between weeks 4 and 8, but it may be prudent to just keep it to 4 week cycles. Within those 4 weeks you can use it daily though.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What are you looking to get out of ginseng in terms of a cycle run? I have had some singular dosages but I could never really tell a difference. Perhaps its something to take in longer durations?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What are you looking to get out of ginseng in terms of a cycle run? I have had some singular dosages but I could never really tell a difference. Perhaps its something to take in longer durations?
I’m hoping it’ll improve my athletic performance and help with power output and/or stamina. If it could also give a lil libido boost that’d be nice too.
I’ve been using it for a few months now and tbh it’s hard for me to say exactly how much of an impact it’s been making as I’ve been using is every workout but these past few months I’ve made good progress overall

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As a general rule of thumb, would doing a 4:3 on:eek:ff split each week allow you to use the stuff non-stop?
Not really. I’d still want to cycle off it after NMT 8 weeks either way, so may as well use it daily at that point IMO. Studies used daily dosing, and I’m not aware offhand of the half-life, so I don’t know if a 4:3 scheme would be sufficient to prevent tolerance, or if it would just slow it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Beau Supplements 8
Supplements 15
Supplements 3
AdelV Supplements 10
Supplements 0