7-KETO dosage

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m doing 200mg a day and I’m noticing I’m getting pretty hot during the day. 100mg in the morning with breakfast and 100mg pre workout. I wanna get up to 300-400mg a day but what’re your experiences with this and these doses?

zunteck

zunteck

Awards
I’m on keto! Love it. Losing weight and building muscle! I’m at 800mg week .... yes my body runs hot but you kinda get used to it.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m on keto! Love it. Losing weight and building muscle! I’m at 800mg week .... yes my body runs hot but you kinda get used to it.
Sheesh! That’s insane! I have heard of people running around 6-700 though. Does it mess with your sleep? How do you time your dosing? I notice I can get a little dizzy on it from time to time have you experienced this?

zunteck

zunteck

Awards
Sheesh! That’s insane! I have heard of people running around 6-700 though. Does it mess with your sleep? How do you time your dosing? I notice I can get a little dizzy on it from time to time have you experienced this?
I’m on week 10 of cycle. So I’m eod pinning. Yes sometimes I stay pumped and might want to stay awake late. So I’ll take unisom and it helps me knock out. Yes you will feel dizzy because of keto. It’s hard on body but results are awesome. I lost 40lbs off keto now I’m building lean muscle. Straight love it bro... gotta Get macros in check, drink a lot of water so you don’t get hungry. Eat cashews. Etc.... research brotha.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as I've seen, it doesn't work very well orally.

I've used up to 400mg a day, including OL's version.

I would look into a topical version, I think Iron Mags and Muscle Gelz both do good versions.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I took 200-300mg PER DAY.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Acetated, even.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah, you get hot, at 300 per day you will sweat in a 60 degree room.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, you get hot, at 300 per day you will sweat in a 60 degree room.
What’s your take on the oral vs TD thing here? 200mg keeps me pretty warm and I usually sweat a little while after taking it even if I’m not doing anything. The dizziness is odd but probably from raised body temp or dehydration I’m guessing. What was your dosing like? 100mg with each meal?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As far as I've seen, it doesn't work very well orally.

I've used up to 400mg a day, including OL's version.

I would look into a topical version, I think Iron Mags and Muscle Gelz both do good versions.
iron legion has vii-kt...it uses the salvo delivery and I think it is the industries best....stacks nicely with Invictus and several guys have reported fantastic results using the vi-kt/Invictus/virtus stack.

can save 25% off at ironlegion.com using code THEBIGT

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What’s your take on the oral vs TD thing here? 200mg keeps me pretty warm and I usually sweat a little while after taking it even if I’m not doing anything. The dizziness is odd but probably from raised body temp or dehydration I’m guessing. What was your dosing like? 100mg with each meal?
Well, I used a high quality product to start with, so I think oral of what I was taking, in the dose I was taking, would probably outdo most of the TDs and oral products actually marketed to B.B.

Swanson health. It’s 7 keto dhea 3b acetate.

I didn’t need to take it with meals or anything, was just taking it every 8 hours. No dizziness, no nausea, nothing. Just thermogenesis.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well, I used a high quality product to start with, so I think oral of what I was taking, in the dose I was taking, would probably outdo most of the TDs and oral products actually marketed to B.B.

Swanson health. It’s 7 keto dhea 3b acetate.

I didn’t need to take it with meals or anything, was just taking it every 8 hours. No dizziness, no nausea, nothing. Just thermogenesis.
with a statement like that I hope you have tried td 7 keto for comparison?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
with a statement like that I hope you have tried td 7 keto for comparison?
the half-life of 7-keto is quite short, at roughly 2.2 hours. transdermal isn't just more efficient at delivering 7-keto, it also buffers delivery over an extended period of time...usually 6-8 hours. so, you can apply twice daily with td. To effectively use oral 7-keto you would want to break up your doses into 7-8 oral doses a day

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you let us in on whete ur getting IM 7 keto?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
who said IM?

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m on week 10 of cycle. So I’m eod pinning. Yes sometimes I stay pumped and might want to stay awake late. So I’ll take unisom and it helps me knock out. Yes you will feel dizzy because of keto. It’s hard on body but results are awesome. I lost 40lbs off keto now I’m building lean muscle. Straight love it bro... gotta Get macros in check, drink a lot of water so you don’t get hungry. Eat cashews. Etc.... research brotha.
Here

zunteck

zunteck

Awards
Man I totally misunderstood what he was asking..... I apologize. Lol

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the half-life of 7-keto is quite short, at roughly 2.2 hours. transdermal isn't just more efficient at delivering 7-keto, it also buffers delivery over an extended period of time...usually 6-8 hours. so, you can apply twice daily with td. To effectively use oral 7-keto you would want to break up your doses into 7-8 oral doses a day
I get really hot and sweat through my shirt at 100mg in the AM and 100 pre workout but I feel cold towards the end of my workout. Thinking about taking 100mg after my workout before bed. Would this be advised?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
With that half life, you’d still have a quarter of your dose in your bloodstream at 5 hours. 8 doses a day would definitely not be necessary. The stuff Old Witch had is estered also, so probably even longer half-life.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
With that half life, you’d still have a quarter of your dose in your bloodstream at 5 hours. 8 doses a day would definitely not be necessary. The stuff Old Witch had is estered also, so probably even longer half-life.
Although mine is not esterified I’d like to do more but I’m weary of sides. Already losing weight rather steadily and I’m naturally about 98.8 degrees as far as temp goes.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
according to this study, the half life of 7-keto acetate (3-acetyl-7-oxo-DHEA or 3beta-acetoxyandrost-5-ene-7,17-dione) is 2.17 hours
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11055323

From my experience, you don't see too much 7-keto base, without an ester.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
according to this study, the half life of 7-keto acetate (3-acetyl-7-oxo-DHEA or 3beta-acetoxyandrost-5-ene-7,17-dione) is 2.17 hours
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11055323

From my experience, you don't see too much 7-keto base, without an ester.
If you also notice, they seem to reach even serum levels with 100mg 12 hrs apart.

There’s a few good reasons why TD 7keto ought not to work, for one: it works in the liver mainly, two: it’s been shown that injection was relatively ineffective at producing a thermogenic result. So I would assume that transfers to TD as well.

It’s something which is actually going to work best as an oral, because it needs to hit the liver.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I tried a couple of BB-marketed products, that iron legion TD and some oral, I think it was the Olympus labs. Didn’t really do much. Then I saw Swanson Health had it in their own brand for dirt cheap, so I tried it and upped the dose to 300mg. Blew me away.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Old Witch did you dose 300mg all at once or spread it out?

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's an old post from Par Deus of Avant Labs (if anyone here is even old enough to remember them :) ) discussing 7-keto, FWIW:

Advantages vs. Oral

.....but why not just take it orally?? There are two primary and very significant reasons:

Number one is increased bioavailability. You get far more 7-oxo in your system, mg/mg than with oral.

Furthermore, with oral usage, we suppress 11-beta-HSD-1 activity in the liver. This increases the output of the inactive, dehydrogenase product, cortisone in the body, thus lowering systemic cortisol. This is good right?? Nope. Unfortunately, this results in an increase in systemic cortisone to serve as substrate for formation of the dreaded cortisol in the oxoreductase-only adipocyte and other tissues.

Worse, yet, as we alluded to, the 7-oxo will be converted to the 7-alpha-OH compound, which will enter the bloodstream, and increase the reductase activity of the 11-beta-HSD complex, thus INCREASING formation of cortisol from cortisone in peripheral tissues such as adipose and muscle, as well as in the brain, where it will reek havoc, on the long-term functioning of the system.

Ugh.

Never fear. Topical administration eliminates this problem by avoiding the liver, so 7-oxo is not working against itself.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here's an old post from Par Deus of Avant Labs (if anyone here is even old enough to remember them ) discussing 7-keto, FWIW:
I’ll have to dig up the actual scholarly article I’m referencing. It might take awhile, because in the past I didn’t really care to have this debate. But, ok then...

And fwiw I’m old enough to remember Ergopharm sold at GNC. ;)

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ll have to dig up the actual scholarly article I’m referencing. It might take awhile, because in the past I didn’t really care to have this debate. But, ok then...

I'm very interested as well, will this stack well with trt? I'm old too.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm very interested as well, will this stack well with trt? I'm old too.
I’m on TRT and it’s not bad. I feel like my mood is a little better and I’m dropping weight pretty easily with diet and exercise. Feels different but nice.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m on TRT and it’s not bad. I feel like my mood is a little better and I’m dropping weight pretty easily with diet and exercise. Feels different but nice.
You're combining both? I have been on trt for a few years now but looking for a little something extra that will help shed that last bit of fat

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

this post surprised me, I thought you were a youngster, lol.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're combining both? I have been on trt for a few years now but looking for a little something extra that will help shed that last bit of fat
Yep! It’s not like another anabolic agent although I have heard at higher doses it can cause strength increases but I don’t think that’s because of it causing higher protein synthesis, I think it’s because of CNS stimulation. I haven’t tried a high dose yet so I can’t talk on it yet but I’m gonna try it lol. You can get it over the counter for like $12-$20 for a good amount of it.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep! It’s not like another anabolic agent although I have heard at higher doses it can cause strength increases but I don’t think that’s because of it causing higher protein synthesis, I think it’s because of CNS stimulation. I haven’t tried a high dose yet so I can’t talk on it yet but I’m gonna try it lol. You can get it over the counter for like $12-$20 for a good amount of it.
I checked out swansons after ow mentioned it in this thread. I bought 6 bottles, it's on special right now for like 14 bucks.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I checked out swansons after ow mentioned it in this thread. I bought 6 bottles, it's on special right now for like 14 bucks.
I’ll have to pick some up as well. Good looks!

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just realized my 7-KETO is esterified. Acetate.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What brand are u using?
NOW foods. It’s pretty inexpensive for 120 capsules. Went up to 300mg today, 100mg before breakfast, 100mg mid day or pre workout and 100mg before bed and it’s 1:00AM where I am and I’m still awake because I can’t stop sweating guess it’s working!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
NOW foods. It’s pretty inexpensive for 120 capsules. Went up to 300mg today, 100mg before breakfast, 100mg mid day or pre workout and 100mg before bed and it’s 1:00AM where I am and I’m still awake because I can’t stop sweating guess it’s working!
Now is good stuff too, actually. Hehehe. Have fun!