Post Competition Supplement Suggestions Needed

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m one month post show and overhauling my supplements to accommodate a reverse/off season meal and training plan. I’d love any suggestions!

Currently:

- Multivitamin
- 1000mg fish oil - 3x/day
- 2g l-carnitine -once pre workout and once post workout with carbs for a total of 4g
- 2g CLA - once pre workout and once post workout with carbs for a total of 4g
- 200mg DIM/day
- 50mg DHEA/day
- 500mg Vit C/day
- 2000 iu Vit D3/day

I’m off all SARMS for now. I use preworkout and BCAAs/EAAs intraworkout (unless I forget them at home)

I’m 48, bikini competitor going into an off season of undetermined length. I need to add to my quad sweep and my legs are hard gainers. I’m obviously aiming for a lean bulk as my old body can’t do drastic cuts anymore. I’m reversing so my diet is in flux at the moment but it’s clean - chicken, sweet potatoes, rice, asparagus, eggs, oats … the usual.

My workouts are 6 days a week and I’m slowly adding weight back. I’m focusing a lot on time under tension, muscle activation and being mindful during my sessions. I do cardio as needed but nothing like during prep.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
iron legion has lavender Invictus for women. it should help keep your lean bulk a little leaner.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ah yes - I read a bit about that in Kat’s log. Thanks!
you just missed the bogo sale but you can save 25% using my code THEBIGT at ironlegion.com.

yup KAT did a great log for lavender invictus... love2liftkat

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you just missed the bogo sale but you can save 25% using my code THEBIGT at ironlegion.com.

yup KAT did a great log for lavender invictus... love2liftkat
I really appreciate that!

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Vector and or Folidrone has been run with success by woman on this forum. Highly effective imo. I am getting recomp at age 51 that I could not achevie with anything else or otherwise.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For sure the Vector and Follidrone combo will be a fantastic rebound cycle.
It will help you put on mass while reducing the percentage of bodyfat gained.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m concerned about the reports of increased hunger. I’m already STARVING constantly and certainly don’t need to exacerbate it - haha! Cost is always an issue as well but if a short cycle can help, it might be worth it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dido on this. Can't go wrong with a nice BLR stack of FD 2.0 and Vector. Check out the logs on Vector as well. Most have gotten good results on it.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dido on this. Can't go wrong with a nice BLR stack of FD 2.0 and Vector. Check out the logs on Vector as well. Most have gotten good results on it.
I’m tracking the log for The Solution but I feel like comparing a bikini competitor to a classic physique (if that’s what division he’s in) is an apples to oranges situation. Not to mention the age difference!!

Because of finances I’m coachless right now but am using past plans. This post show and off season is different though and am trying to adapt.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I’m one month post show and overhauling my supplements to accommodate a reverse/off season meal and training plan. I’d love any suggestions!

Currently:

- Multivitamin
- 2g l-carnitine -once pre workout and once post workout with carbs for a total of 4g
- 200mg DIM/day
- 50mg DHEA/day
- 500mg Vit C/day
- 2000 iu Vit D3/day

I’m off all SARMS for now. I use preworkout and BCAAs/EAAs intraworkout (unless I forget them at home)

I’m 48, bikini competitor going into an off season of undetermined length. I need to add to my quad sweep and my legs are hard gainers. I’m obviously aiming for a lean bulk as my old body can’t do drastic cuts anymore. I’m reversing so my diet is in flux at the moment but it’s clean - chicken, sweet potatoes, rice, asparagus, eggs, oats … the usual.

My workouts are 6 days a week and I’m slowly adding weight back. I’m focusing a lot on time under tension, muscle activation and being mindful during my sessions. I do cardio as needed but nothing like during prep.
The two things I would recommend the most for someone coming off a contest diet would be a good GDA (SNS Glycophase) and a recovery supplement (SNS Growth Factor XT). These two should help you both limit fat gain/rebound as well as recover from the stresses of traininga nd dieting so hard. You could also add a cortisol supplement like SNS Reduce XT for the first few weeks to help get things settled in that regard as well!

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The two things I would recommend the most for someone coming off a contest diet would be a good GDA (SNS Glycophase) and a recovery supplement (SNS Growth Factor XT). These two should help you both limit fat gain/rebound as well as recover from the stresses of traininga nd dieting so hard. You could also add a cortisol supplement like SNS Reduce XT for the first few weeks to help get things settled in that regard as well!
Thanks! I should have listed that I do use a GDA on my high carb days (which are fluctuating as I reverse). I’ll check out the others as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! I should have listed that I do use a GDA on my high carb days (which are fluctuating as I reverse). I’ll check out the others as well.
dang, girl....if that is you in the avi you are looking good already-wow!!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Currently:

- Multivitamin
- 200mg DIM/day
- 50mg DHEA/day
- 500mg Vit C/day
- 2000 iu Vit D3/day

A GDA like SlinMax would be great on your high carb days. To build lean muscle, MassMax is great. Users report a 7-8 pound weight gain in 8 weeks while improving body composition.

I ran it for 8 weeks and enjoyed it. Check out my review. I will run it again in the future. Hunger, weight, and strength went up noticeably. That's impressive considering I've been training for over 20 years.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A GDA like SlinMax would be great on your high carb days. To build lean muscle, MassMax is great. Users report a 7-8 pound weight gain in 8 weeks while improving body composition.
Hmmm looks like MassMax has helped some but the increased hunger concerns me as I’m already hungry 24/7. I haven’t reached my new maintenance calories in my reverse yet.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hahaha - thanks! That was before my show in October. Rolling with the fatness now!
BAM!!! fat never looked so good.

I think all you need is something like RADIATE for thermo and appetite suppression and Invictus for cortisol, to look that good you've got things figured out really well!!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmm looks like MassMax has helped some but the increased hunger concerns me as I’m already hungry 24/7. I haven’t reached my new maintenance calories in my reverse yet.
I can tell you that is barely increases my hunger, but that could ne just me. No natural anabolic that usually increases hunger as affected mine. The best thing I can say is try it for yourself. Supplements effect everyone differently and some not at all

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Marcia
Some people experience hunger, some dont. But the overall benefits are profound when Vector and Follidrone are used properly.
If you want to run a log here I will send you a bottle of each for free.
I can also help you a bit with regards to the rebound diet.

This is a great time to put on some muscle because the body is starving for nutrients and calories. If you feed it the right stuff it will be exceptionally fruitful. PLus the addition of Vector and Follidrone will be very good.
These need to be utilized properly though so I can help you with this during the cycle.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Marcia
Some people experience hunger, some dont. But the overall benefits are profound when Vector and Follidrone are used properly.

This is a great time to put on some muscle because the body is starving for nutrients and calories. If you feed it the right stuff it will be exceptionally fruitful. PLus the addition of Vector and Follidrone will be very good.
These need to be utilized properly though so I can help you with this during the cycle.
Marcia there you go. Can't beat that when funds are tight!

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey Marcia

I’m totally down to do this! Thank you, sir.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome. Pm me. I'll send you my email through pm so its easier to communicate.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looking forward to see this log

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hope to be able to provide some good, HONEST feedback. Even though it’s going to be sponsored, I won’t sugar coat my opinion.
This is what we prefer.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hope to be able to provide some good, HONEST feedback. Even though it’s going to be sponsored, I won’t sugar coat my opinion.
Awesome. Excited to see this one up and running.

Leggoddess

Leggoddess

Awards
Marcia im new to your log. Will follow.
One thing I would add is MILK THISTLE 500mg-1,000mg per day . It helps with liver support when your ON CYCLE and OFF CYCLE.

Your doing very well post show. What are your plans for growing and reverse diet? What are your plans for growing?

Will you stick with SARMS or something stronger.

If you decide to use SARMS for growing (MK-2866, LGD-4033, RAD-140 and YK-11). Some people will agree with this stack others will disagree. I myself run higher dosages. Always start low and slowly increase till you reach desired results for your body chemistry.

- - - - - - -

(Depending on nutrition, body chemistry, your goals)
(female dosages per day)
Mk-2866 (5mg-40mg) is good for slow lean muscle gains, strength gains and leaning out.

LGD-4033 (5mg-20mg) is known for adding good muscle size. Some people have said it is one of the closest sarms to TRENBOLONE (in muscle gains , little to no negative effects).

RAD-140 (5mg-40mg) aids in the muscle gains and muscle strength. Can effect natural testosterone levels.

Yk-11 (10mg-40mg) (best when stack with other enhancements) helps to preserve your muscle and reduce myoglobin (a chemical that our body produce to brake down the muscle tissue) and other muscle wasting chemicals like myostatin.

I know some people say women should not take the higher dosages, others say it's ok. For example LGD-4033, my friend (workout partner) at my gym, she made huge muscle gains with 7.5mg per day. I myself needed to take at least 15mg per day to come close to her growth. 20mg per day to equal her same muscle growth. (Note we were on the same nutrition plan at that time).

I wish you great success. You will reach your goals.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pack is in the mail.
Things are just snail slow during the xmas season. Hang tight. Should get in a day or two.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Marcia im new to your log. Will follow.
One thing I would add is MILK THISTLE 500mg-1,000mg per day . It helps with liver support when your ON CYCLE and OFF CYCLE.

Your doing very well post show. What are your plans for growing and reverse diet? What are your plans for growing?

Will you stick with SARMS or something stronger.

If you decide to use SARMS for growing (MK-2866, LGD-4033, RAD-140 and YK-11). Some people will agree with this stack others will disagree. I myself run higher dosages. Always start low and slowly increase till you reach desired results for your body chemistry.

- - - - - - -

(Depending on nutrition, body chemistry, your goals)
(female dosages per day)
Mk-2866 (5mg-40mg) is good for slow lean muscle gains, strength gains and leaning out.

LGD-4033 (5mg-20mg) is known for adding good muscle size. Some people have said it is one of the closest sarms to TRENBOLONE (in muscle gains , little to no negative effects).

RAD-140 (5mg-40mg) aids in the muscle gains and muscle strength. Can effect natural testosterone levels.

Yk-11 (10mg-40mg) (best when stack with other enhancements) helps to preserve your muscle and reduce myoglobin (a chemical that our body produce to brake down the muscle tissue) and other muscle wasting chemicals like myostatin.

I know some people say women should not take the higher dosages, others say it's ok. For example LGD-4033, my friend (workout partner) at my gym, she made huge muscle gains with 7.5mg per day. I myself needed to take at least 15mg per day to come close to her growth. 20mg per day to equal her same muscle growth. (Note we were on the same nutrition plan at that time).

I wish you great success. You will reach your goals.
Thanks for the information. I’ll hit up SARMS again once I have a solid competition plan in place. Right now I’m just trying to grow. In the past I’ve run GW and Osta with really good results.

I’m still reversing and trying to find my new maintenance calories so that I can then figure out what will be my slight surplus. At my age, it’s just too easy for me to gain fat if I try to go too much over.

I’m focusing on progressive overload at this point. I like to mix things up every 4-6 weeks. I need to develop my quad sweep but be mindful to not overdevelop my upper body which grows really easily. Cardio is variable - definitely not a priority but I never cut it completely. 10-15 mins here and there - usually LISS.

If it seems like I’m all over the place that’s because I sort of am. It’s the first time in years I haven’t had a “what’s next” plan in place. I have things other than gym/competing that need my focus for a bit but I’ll be back on stage.

My vector/follidrone log stats next week for a two month run.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote