The Kid Terminator! Arnold's First Bodybuilding Competition

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
From what I dug up, he was 16 in this photo.

His chest looks like it was manufactured!! That's amazing I'm 22 and my chest is still nothing compared to his.. but I do believe he said his chest was genetically gifted

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The guy playing guitar is mirin Arnies butt.

BarryBondsHOF

BarryBondsHOF

Awards
  • Established
Casey Viator at 19 is still freaky by today’s standards. Absolute legend
IMG_4318.JPG
IMG_4317.JPG

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When bodybuilders has physiques that I would actually want to possess. Might be in the minority here but that slightly higher bf looks so much better to be. Makes the physique look so much more powerful

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
His chest looks like it was manufactured!! That's amazing I'm 22 and my chest is still nothing compared to his.. but I do believe he said his chest was genetically gifted
Supremely gifted genetics. All the guys at the top are.
Arnold's chest and biceps would still (more than) hold up to top pros today. I'd say that no one, before or since, can top his side chest pose.Arnold is a legend.

When bodybuilders has physiques that I would actually want to possess. Might be in the minority here but that slightly higher bf looks so much better to be. Makes the physique look so much more powerful
I get what you're saying, but I think that their overall proportions and "flow" is the major difference really; they'd still look much more aesthetically appealing to 99.9% of people than today's pros are even at the same body fat (lower or higher). I know it's a little later than Arnold's era, but Bannout was pretty damn ripped and still looked insanely aesthetic:

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
woulda looked waaaay better if he injected his BCAAs

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Same here. Casey Viator definitely had that look.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree. The slightly fuller look is much more desirable and healthy looking.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Casey and Bill Pearl had the perfect look IMO

79282B95-7461-4F52-8952-46D7148C1F48.png

71CE1410-228A-4C40-B0A4-FFF0AA217165.jpeg

EB7E5E9F-B5A4-465F-A78D-50C3E5247657.jpeg

4EBBADF3-0792-47E1-9EC9-F70C71F304A2.jpeg

2617AF10-3193-40DE-A078-8923F09457C4.jpeg

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Arm to waist ratio is on point for sure! ha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pearl was insanely impressive, especially for his time. Casey was also very impressive, especially at such a young age, but I personally don’t think he had the same proportions as Pearl, Arnold, etc. His waist just seemed a little wider than some of the greats, which sort of took away from his V-taper look. Arnold’s waist was said to have been sort of wide, but he was a master of hiding it. Not taking anything away from Casey of course, as he was still a great bodybuilder who looked insane in some poses.