How To Take An ECA For Evening Workouts ??

StrongerOneDa

Awards
Ok here is my dilemma which isn't individually covered in any previous thread here or elsehwhere.

Most of my gym classes (hiit, circuit, power pump, trampoline, body toning) are in the evenings between 6-8pm and an ECA stack allows me to power through two back to back effortlessly but with a nice pumped feeling and 0.25" off the waist in just one week.
The problem is that previously I did crossfit and these classes were always 10am thus when I took my two diamond labs ECA capsules 30-45mins before (a total of 420mg caffeine, 60mg ephedrine, 50mg asparin) I had a reduced appetite all throughout the day and by the time I went to bed at 12-1am all of the caffeine had worn off (I assume ephedrine can't keep you awake on its own and it's the caffeine that does/is for me).
The issue is that although to begin with taking it between 5-7pm seemed not to be interfering with my sleep, it now is and I'm lucky if I get 3-4hrs sleep a night.

My question is which of the below options would still yield the benefits;

1) Half dosage (1 ECA capsule) prior to an evening class (this would assume that two capsules at once only increases the length of time it affects me as oppose to being a required strength/dosage for 1-2hrs workout).

2) Reduce the caffeine in the ECA to 200mg but keep the ephedrine and asparin as is (would have to make an ECA batch myself).

3) Take the full ECA no later than 4pm (yet risk the intensity being lower by the time I begin a workout).

4) Or split the ECA between 8am and 12pm (even though this would mean it would be at its most intense long before I began a workout).

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont recommend it, messes with sleep too much. Earlier in the day or not at all. Losing sleep just isn't worth it.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
I wouldn’t recommend it either for the simple reason you only get 3-4h of sleep a night which isn’t enough at all and if you use stims you’ll probably burn out. So you want that sleep to be quality. Get at least 7h per night MINIMUM. If you only get 3-4h your workouts will be less intense and you risk injury.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
ephedrine will 100% impact your sleep. Your on the road to making yourself more sick, injured and in worse condition than before you started. And it seems you cannot workout without stims. Take a step back and get real or forge ahead and get sick. Its your choice.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
EC is still very effective when it isn't timed around your workout. I wouldn't stress it too much - take it in the morning and keep your doses in the morning/afternoon hours. As a pre you could use a non-stim pump product like VasoMax to give you a boost, but I wouldn't push your EC doses into the evening hours.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EC is still very effective when it isn't timed around your workout. I wouldn't stress it too much - take it in the morning and keep your doses in the morning/afternoon hours. As a pre you could use a non-stim pump product like VasoMax to give you a boost, but I wouldn't push your EC doses into the evening hours.
This. I’m pretty sure EC works even for sedentary individuals. Of course, that doesn’t mean don’t workout, but EC isn’t useless or wasted if it’s dosed away from your workouts.