Side Effects of ARA you’ve experienced

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Currently on about my third or fourth *maybe fith* ARA cycle. First two went amazing, third went good, fourth was unmemoeriable? And this one just started but ive loved the soreness and fullness. All have ultimately produced strength gains comparable to the first time i took creatine *the right way*.

That said, i feel the last 2 have yeilded weird side effects. Today i stopped taking ARA after two trips to the urgent care in fear something was going on with my heart. Im having some very dull pain in the heart region and both EKG’s came back fine. So im probably being a nancy and just bruised a rib on decline bench or something.

Also, i have a history of hemorroids stemming back to about when i was 19 *around the first time i took ARA?*. I never really have any symptoms until im on an ARA cycle. Maybe TMI but i want to know if anybody else has had any weird side effects whilst on ARA to help me gauge if the sides are worth continuing to run in PCT.

What have you guys experienced?

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Also, im absolutely not directly attributing the side effect to ARA. Just saying ive noticed these symptoms WHILE on ARA, and never when i was off ARA.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally never had any symptoms or sides except for some extra doms.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Extra DOMS is the only side ever.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Interested to hear what others have to say, but my only side effect has been extreme soreness. I've never felt anything with my heart or any other problems/sides while using ArA.

How old are you?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ Agreed with the others. I've just had increased soreness and aches whenever I use ARA. Never any heart issues so curious to why that is. Might be something else than ARA.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah other then strength & vasculariy along with soreness is all I’ve ever had on xgels and I’ve ran it good amount of time

21marine

21marine

Awards
Every now and then I might get some joint soreness but that's it for me in terms of sides.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ARA creates a flair up in an injured/ tight trap muscle that I have....causes a neck ache than wraps from the back of my neck up around my eye

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also one more negative I get is when I dose over 2.1g I have shortness of breathe and cardio is near impossible. 2.1g is the sweet spot

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Soreness and overall DOMS here. So much soreness that either I'm a wuss or it was truly debilitating. Couldn't bare training anymore so had to stop after about 4-5 weeks.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
I had to quit oral ARA. As I aged, more and more debilitating DOMs and soreness to the point of weakness and injury.
However, I am now using (topical) Top Muscle with great success. DOM's is isolated to the area applied and not the joints!!
Oral ARA is a thing of the past.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had to quit oral ARA. As I aged, more and more debilitating DOMs and soreness to the point of weakness and injury.
However, I am now using (topical) Top Muscle with great success. DOM's is isolated to the area applied and not the joints!!
Dying to try top muscle.

Oral ara is still great to me. But Matt always has top notch sh!t so eager to try it

Rockslide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Can you post a link to this, I’m not familiar and can’t find it by google as “top muscle” yields a plethora of hits

Rockslide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thank you, I was aware of evomuse but somehow missed on this product , it looks promising !

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Dang! Now this is something im interested in. ARA seems to cause me digestive issues and ive heard of GI inflimation. To avoid thE GI tract and actually localize the inflimation would be great. I just wonder about absorption rate with ARA via a gel. Also to the guy who asked previously, i am 25. I believe it is not a heart issue but instead a tendon/ nerve issue caused by decline bench.

Solexsight

Solexsight

Awards
Also one more negative I get is when I dose over 2.1g I have shortness of breathe and cardio is near impossible. 2.1g is the sweet spot
I have a bottle of xgels that I haven't used because In hear it makes injuries flare up, causes in inflammation and joint pain.

Why take the stuff? Are the gains that worth it?

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
I have a bottle of xgels that I haven't used because In hear it makes injuries flare up, causes in inflammation and joint pain.

Why take the stuff? Are the gains that worth it?
For most folks and if your 'young', you will just notice increased DOMs. In this case, the gains are worth it; however, their are other alternatives like Vector which is anti inflammatory and will provide the same or better gains imo.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You probably just had heartburn. Pain behind the rib cage sounds like heartburn. I know because I have acid reflux disease. It’s a scary feeling if you’ve never had it. Also anyone see Molecular Nutritions X Factor Daily ? Each capsule contains the amount of ARA in a 6 ounce steak.

SwoleNation

SwoleNation

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bumping this with a question.... I found a new supp that I was interested in trying which includes ARA. I've tried ARA in the past and ran it only on workout days. Can it be taken daily even on non workout days?

Creatine HCL - 500mg/serving
Creatine Gluconate - 500mg/serving
Arachidonic Acid - 250mg/serving
Epicatechin - 250mg/serving
5a-Hydroxy-Laxogenin - 50mg/serving

Price is reasonable and it includes Epicatehin and Laxo. But it's supposed to be daily supp.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bumping this with a question.... I found a new supp that I was interested in trying which includes ARA. I've tried ARA in the past and ran it only on workout days. Can it be taken daily even on non workout days?

Price is reasonable and it includes Epicatehin and Laxo. But it's supposed to be daily supp.
how much

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

What percentage is the ArA standardized for?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

it cant be 40% standardization of ara

also to get a full dosage you would be getting a gram of epicatechin

i can almost guarentee its not high standard ..you might actually only be getting 100mg of ara per cap

SwoleNation

SwoleNation

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know there are rules about posting non sponsored brands.... I can send a link via PM for those interested. It's labeled as "coming soon", but they have a full line of products. Brand is fairly new to me, only came across them recently.

Logray

Awards
  • Established
I know there are rules about posting non sponsored brands.... I can send a link via PM for those interested. It's labeled as "coming soon", but they have a full line of products. Brand is fairly new to me, only came across them recently.
Hi!
Can you please send it? Im intrested also
Thanks!!!!!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally none

GQdaLEGEND