Does Vector cause water retention?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just started Vector a week ago and my weight has shot up 4 pounds. One word of caution, I do use an electronic scale that sometimes has given inaccurate readings. I have not been eating enough to justify a 4 pound 1 week increase. Is Vector known to cause water retention or glycogen retention?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not that I know of. Nobody in any log has mentioned it.
Has your diet changed because people are talking about increasing appetite, so gaining 4 pounds in a week is a bit much.

Is somebody playing with your scale settings? lol... I use one of those scales too. Don't weigh yourself for another 3 weeks.
Have you increased sodium intake? That could in the short term cause water retention until you level out.
I would expect 1-2 pounds, but 4? This is a head scratcher.

Give it another 3 weeks. Maybe log your process on here with more details and permit others of interest and personal experience with Vector to follow and offer their thoughts.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not that I know of. Nobody in any log has mentioned it.
Has your diet changed because people are talking about increasing appetite, so gaining 4 pounds in a week is a bit much.

Is somebody playing with your scale settings? lol... I use one of those scales too. Don't weigh yourself for another 3 weeks.
Have you increased sodium intake? That could in the short term cause water retention until you level out.
I would expect 1-2 pounds, but 4? This is a head scratcher.

Give it another 3 weeks. Maybe log your process on here with more details and permit others of interest and personal experience with Vector to follow and offer their thoughts.
Thanks for the reply. I did have my trt dosage increased from 150 to 175mg a week two weeks ago so maybe it is water retention from that because diet hasn’t really changed. Getting estrogen checked today. Would have to be eating like a horse to gain 4 in a week. I think I am going to get a regular needle scale
to.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the reply. I did have my trt dosage increased from 150 to 175mg a week two weeks ago so maybe it is water retention from that because diet hasn’t really changed. Getting estrogen checked today. Would have to be eating like a horse to gain 4 in a week. I think I am going to get a regular needle scale
to.
Increasing T may help explain it. I'm on 120mg up from 100mg and when that changed I did jump a bit everywhere, but also are you on HCG or any other supplementals along with the T? (General Practitioner or Clinic)? Estrogen may have a hand in it with water retention. I got that then started taking Aromasin and now dropped it for Letrone daily to see how that plays out for me. So far so good. A mild AI would help maybe after you get your tests back.

What was the reason to go to 175? That may be close to the ceiling for TRT though I've seen some state they are on 300mg weekly. I'm pretty solid at 120mg weekly split SubQ.

Whatever caused water retention, if that's what it is, which is a good explanation, it would level out after a few weeks.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
From the logs i've seen I haven't heard of anyone gaining water retention. So could be something else like you said.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would say in my experience that it does......mainly intramuscular along with increased glycogen uptake. Just my 2 cents.

Rockslide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
From my experience it does increase glycogen and water storage if you pound the carbs and water. This helps keep my workouts intense though and helps me with cardio in 100 degree weather.

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Vector also caused water/glycogen retention in my experience. I ended up cutting 900 calories from my daily intake (from carbs/fat only), and I lost 5lbs in 5 days. I literally looked like I deflated. Didn't lose any other weight at those macros for the next 3 weeks, and also didn't lose a bit of strength. That's my experience.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I didn’t notice any water retention on Vector.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Increasing T may help explain it. I'm on 120mg up from 100mg and when that changed I did jump a bit everywhere, but also are you on HCG or any other supplementals along with the T? (General Practitioner or Clinic)? Estrogen may have a hand in it with water retention. I got that then started taking Aromasin and now dropped it for Letrone daily to see how that plays out for me. So far so good. A mild AI would help maybe after you get your tests back.

What was the reason to go to 175? That may be close to the ceiling for TRT though I've seen some state they are on 300mg weekly. I'm pretty solid at 120mg weekly split SubQ.

Whatever caused water retention, if that's what it is, which is a good explanation, it would level out after a few weeks.
Went to 175 mg to try to hit the 800 to 950 optimal level of total t. I don’t take HCG. Go through a Primary Care doctor. If my estrogen does comes back to high I am going to ask to get my dose reduced back to 150 to avoid going on an AI.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

That’s crazy that you know some trt guys on 300 mg a week! Must be a mill. That is a steroid dose, not a trt dose. The highest I will consider going is 200 a week. Anything over that i feel your asking for bad health effects.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Went to 175 mg to try to hit the 800 to 950 optimal level of total t. I don’t take HCG. Go through a Primary Care doctor. If my estrogen does comes back to high I am going to ask to get my dose reduced back to 150 to avoid going on an AI.
HCG would also be a great addition to your TRT instead of raising the mg of Test. That's a GP for sure, not exploring HCG along with Aromasin. I had to sit him down and have a conversation. My doc is a GP. I'm on 12.5mg Aromasin weekly. Well, I'm exploring Letrone instead daily to see how that works for me as it has other benefits as well, along with the Viron.

That’s crazy that you know some trt guys on 300 mg a week! Must be a mill. That is a steroid dose, not a trt dose. The highest I will consider going is 200 a week. Anything over that i feel your asking for bad health effects.
Well, on here I have seen some people at 300mg per week which you are correct, that's really high and can cause some long term health issues. RBC / Hematocrit / BP. It's more in how you feel. I can see being at 600 and feeling great, but if 700; 800; 950 are what get's you to a good place then so be it. That is how people differ in their physiology. It's also about the Free T, not just Total.

If I had my druthers and the money, I'd go with *telemedicine and a more comprehensive set-up with HCG / and dialing in the best target. The past two years has been educational, and it's an ongoing process. I wish you good luck!

*The clinics around me are pricey and cater to the wealthy, so it's not exactly great being surrounded by them here in Florida. If I cold swing the $119/mo with the board sponsors, I would do it. This is where insurance however good mine is, does not cover this which is ridiculous. GOODRx get's me my 10ml vial of Test for $42 :/

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Not at all and I am super prone to water retension and been using Vector since the beginning as a staple. It's probaby to increased calories and the associated water retension. Make sure to drink lots of water. Vector makes you want to eat heavy during the first few weeks - you have to keep it clean. After a few weeks, you will be better able to control the cravings - that's when the body starts to use fat for fuel and the body comp changes really start to kick in.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think it is certainly possible that Vector could directly impact water retention due to the Rehmannia Radix content which was traditionally used to promote body fluid production and to treat fluid exhaustion.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DONT DO THAT! If you feel you want a lower dose simply lower it and slowly keep the extra for a rainy day. You never know when you might have an interruption in your ability to obtain your test, doc retires, you move and so on. Also if he scripts the AI take it or simply keep it for a rainy day. With the BS system of needing a permission slip to get our meds I NEVER turn down anything you just never know when you might need it.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
DONT DO THAT! If you feel you want a lower dose simply lower it and slowly keep the extra for a rainy day. You never know when you might have an interruption in your ability to obtain your test, doc retires, you move and so on. Also if he scripts the AI take it or simply keep it for a rainy day. With the BS system of needing a permission slip to get our meds I NEVER turn down anything you just never know when you might need it.
I get the shots in the office so can’t stockpile. When I started the trt I asked him for a script of an AI to have on hand just in case if needed. He called in a month worth of Arimedex with 12 refills. I have been getting it filled each month and saving it up in case I need it for prohormone cycles in the future.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tell them to teach you how to take the shots, they tried that BS with me. Also why are you so concerned with a 4lb gain? Was the goal not to gain with an anabolic? Now if it continues and two months from now you are 24 lbs heavier then maybe its a problem, although some would kill for that gain.

Put the scale aside: How do you look feel? Those two are far more important IMO than arbitrary numbers on the scale. By chance did you used to be obese? I only ask as sometimes those who have worked so hard to loose weight/fat are very resistant to any increase in scale weight.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tell them to teach you how to take the shots, they tried that BS with me. Also why are you so concerned with a 4lb gain? Was the goal not to gain with an anabolic? Now if it continues and two months from now you are 24 lbs heavier then maybe its a problem, although some would kill for that gain.

Put the scale aside: How do you look feel? Those two are far more important IMO than arbitrary numbers on the scale. By chance did you used to be obese? I only ask as sometimes those who have worked so hard to loose weight/fat are very resistant to any increase in scale weight.
The gain concerned me because I am 19 percent trying to cut down to 15 percent . Use to be fat at 28 percent. Also the gain is concerning because it could indicate high water retention due to recent trt dosage increase possibly causing high estrogen issues.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would ask for labs from the doctor as an E increase is far more of a concern vs a bit of water retention from Vector. Also keep in mind intra-muscular water is anabolic in it's own right. I know it is hard to dismiss gain when you are trying to loose. Test your E. If no increase then perhaps shelf the vector and run something more suited to straight cutting like FD2.0. Thats what I am doing. I wanted to try Vector but am really trying to get legit lean again so ordered Exotherm and FD2.0.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would ask for labs from the doctor as an E increase is far more of a concern vs a bit of water retention from Vector. Also keep in mind intra-muscular water is anabolic in it's own right. I know it is hard to dismiss gain when you are trying to loose. Test your E. If no increase then perhaps shelf the vector and run something more suited to straight cutting like FD2.0. Thats what I am doing. I wanted to try Vector but am really trying to get legit lean again so ordered Exotherm and FD2.0.
Ya I am getting e tested. Was really hoping Vector was causing the retention so I would have my answer.

Rockslide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What makes you sure it’s not the Vector. I gained 15lbs on it, which really took off when I stopped Armistane after the first month (was using it for cortisol control but it kept me much drier).

Testing your E is probably worth knowing though , you would want to know if you have some sky have E number as it could cause big problems if it stays that way for a while.

Rockslide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’m also not losing water weight inn ECA stack as fast as I would without being on Vector