Weight room rant, question...

SwoleNation

SwoleNation

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At my place of employment, we have access to a gym on site. I call it the dungeon because it's located in the basement. It has everything one needs to workout. It's also equipped with several ceiling fans. I personally hate the ceiling fans and refuse to turn them on. When I'm down there I want to sweat my ass off... Honestly, there is nothing better especially after hitting the weights hard. Some people on the other hand want the fans on full blast... Making it feel like a god dam windstorm. Today for example was one of those days. Left me there shaking my head.

What do most people prefer, honestly???

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like air movement because I get really hot.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
At work fans, can't look like a sweaty mess. Off site whatever floats your boat.

SwoleNation

SwoleNation

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I normally go after work... So the more sweat the better, lol.

Sweating also gives my the satisfaction of feeling like I accomplished something, haha.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I guess I meant don't want to be a sweaty mess around co-workers on site. When you are solo no fans, if someone comes and wants to put them on, oh well. Don't be that hardcore in front of them, they can't handle it. Lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wear a sweatshirt/long sleeve shirt. It is easier for you to stay hot and more difficult for someone to cool off when working out.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree there needs to be some air movement, not air conditioner on full blast but I still sweat like a mofo with fans on lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just be glad you have a gym at work.....

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just having a good gym at work is great. I'd just bring some more clothes with you for when/if it gets colder; maybe a sweatshirt or just something with long sleeves. You can put on more clothes; it's generally not advised for people to take their clothes off at work to cool off. Plus sweating doesn't actually mean you had a better workout or burned more fat, so don't sweat it (pun realized after I typed it) either way.

lardtohard

lardtohard

Awards
I prefer no fans. That being said, if they’re on and other people are using the same section of the gym as me, I always ask before turning them off.

I like to feel the sweat dripping off but I sweat too much to wear long sleeves except in winter

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My gym is not temperature regulated and it’s in the basement at a local university. The ceiling and floor fans are always on, particularly during the summer when it is more or less a necessity. If my gym actually were temperature regulated, I would still probably like to feel like there was at least some air flow going on. One thing I would not enjoy is a gym that was overly air conditioned. I also don’t know how people workout in sweatshirts/sweatpants. I would definitely get too hot and I like to be able to see myself get my pump on!

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer a gym with AC. I belong to 2 gyms one is a warehouse type gym with no AC but has fans and the other is a big commercial gym with AC.

It's tough to workout in 80+ degrees with no AC for me because I start to feel sluggish.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I prefer a gym with AC. I belong to 2 gyms one is a warehouse type gym with no AC but has fans and the other is a big commercial gym with AC.

It's tough to workout in 80+ degrees with no AC for me because I start to feel sluggish.
Yeah, on really hot and humid days, I usually have to skip the gym for the day.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In my own gym at home, no fans or AC. If I ever have to share a gym, I prefer fans or AC because I don't want to be dealing with other people's bodily fluids.