Return to KRATOM

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So here’s a little background. I experimented with kratom for about 5 weeks, taking it almost everyday. When I’d take it I’d usually use 11-15 grams through the day. I experienced pretty debilitating withdrawals from this. I was unable to function. Years ago I was addicted to far more serious opioids, so I am obviously now wired to easily become addicted to anything with those drug properties. Technically I was not very addicted to it, as mentally I could do without it, but I was dependent on it because my body physiologically needed it to function properly.

Anyway, now to my question. I won’t go into detail about exactly what I’ll be doing but in a couple days I’ll be spending several hours in a plain, all concrete room with a bunch of grumpy strangers, and this experience is bound to be excruciatingly boring. It’s been several weeks since I’ve used kratom. I’m wondering if I were to use two capsules of kratom extract to help ease my mind through this, do you think I will re-experience any physical/mental withdrawals?

I will be using those kratom extract capsules because they come in packs of two (so I won’t have any left over) and they are the perfect strength to make me feel cozy.

Lastly, I would like to say kratom is not a good preworkout. It blows my mind that it’s sometimes marketed as one. Also I hope there are people on this forum who acknowledge the addictive potential of this leaf, even if it is a miracle to some.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you taper at all? It's quite strange that after only 5 weeks on that you were unable to function due to withdrawals, so it would seem you are highly susceptible to addiction and I'm not sure if using extracts would be wise. I'd go so far as to say, I wouldn't use it at all. What you describe is usually the experience of high dose daily users for a long time that quit cold turkey.

As far as not being a good PWO, I could not disagree more. It is a perfect pre-workout- clean long lasting energy (white, greens, and yellows), strong focus, and mood enhancing.

Jcc7220

Awards
From my understanding about opiates it takes three days for the body to get addicted to it. If you use that as a theory for Kratom, maybe? Good luck mate

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Too many things wrong about the OP.

11-15g a day for 5 weeks. You abused it. Not kratoms fault. Also you don't cold turkey. I half dose titrate it out of my system over a couple weeks.

Additionally...pre workout green white and yellow kratom shines.

Appreciate your post.

Jcc7220

Awards
Additionalky...pre workout green and white kratom shines.

Appreciate your post.
I would like to know more about its uses as
pre-workout,

And as an ex addict Your disease is trying to trick you into justifying abusing chemicals please keep that in mind as you make decisions that could potentially send you back down a very painful path

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to know more about its uses as
pre-workout,

And as an ex addict Your disease is trying to trick you into justifying abusing chemicals please keep that in mind as you make decisions that could potentially send you back down a very painful path
Stfu already dude. Im not a child. You get nothing.

Jcc7220

Awards
I have clearly hit a nerve,
I’m not going to start an internet argument, I hope everything works out for you

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have clearly hit a nerve,
I’m not going to start an internet argument, I hope everything works out for you
You come posting on a compound you used, and abused, and then get on your self righteous high horse about addiction and the road to pain.

Yeah. You hit a nerve. Spare us the bull****.

ZachH

ZachH

Banned
Awards
You come posting on a compound you used, and abused, and then get on your self righteous high horse about addiction and the road to pain.

Yeah. You hit a nerve. Spare us the bull****.
Those are two different posters brother lol you're getting them confused because neither of them have avatars

Jcc7220

Awards
Those are two different posters brother lol you're getting them confused because neither of them have avatars
I also just realized that he’s not the original poster so I wasn’t even talking to him about being careful

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everybody calm down. I didn’t taper because I wanted off right away, which of course led to more pain than necessary. Also, I agree that my use was on the excessive side, and unfortunately 14 grams a day is not unusual which leads me to believe many people are beginning to abuse this plant which was originally heralded as completely safe and non-addictive. Also, I agree that my addict brain is always somewhere existing within me, even if just on a subconscious level, so of course it could be playing a role in my even considering using this for the sole purpose to ease one day of what is guaranteed to include a good deal of intense boredom/psychological pain. I could easily go without it but of course I’m tempted because kratom makes tedious activities feel like a breeze.

As for preworkout, I originally thought it was useful in that way. But one day I took it before the gym and while doing tricep extensions I became so lightheaded and winded, turned pale, and immediately had to cut my workout short. My heart beat was beating so rapidly it was insane. It took me almost 30 minutes to recover. Never before had that happened to me, including the other times I worked out on kratom. I can’t explain it but I decided it wasn’t worth the risk to use it before hitting the gym again. I don’t remember the strain I used, nor how high I dosed.

BTW I’m the OP. You did confuse me and the other guy haha.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everybody calm down. I didn’t taper because I wanted off right away, which of course led to more pain than necessary. Also, I agree that my use was on the excessive side, and unfortunately 14 grams a day is not unusual which leads me to believe many people are beginning to abuse this plant which was originally heralded as completely safe and non-addictive. Also, I agree that my addict brain is always somewhere existing within me, even if just on a subconscious level, so of course it could be playing a role in my even considering using this for the sole purpose to ease one day of what is guaranteed to include a good deal of intense boredom/psychological pain. I could easily go without it but of course I’m tempted because kratom makes tedious activities feel like a breeze.

As for preworkout, I originally thought it was useful in that way. But one day I took it before the gym and while doing tricep extensions I became so lightheaded and winded, turned pale, and immediately had to cut my workout short. My heart beat was beating so rapidly it was insane. It took me almost 30 minutes to recover. Never before had that happened to me, including the other times I worked out on kratom. I can’t explain it but I decided it wasn’t worth the risk to use it before hitting the gym again. I don’t remember the strain I used, nor how high I dosed.

If you just use it one time bro you're not going to feel anything coming off unless it's psychological.

As for some of the comments made you guys have to understand that for an ex opiate addict this is a partial mu opioid receptor activator. So most likely will not be taken for something like pre workout but more of something to take as a feel good and that alone. Something different happens chemically in the brain when those receptors get hit in the brain of a former addict.

As with everything brother moderation is the key. When I keep dosing to 2 to 3 times per week I don't feel any sort of wds whatsoever. If you're not capable of doing that then I suggest just stay away it's not worth it.

drswsdc

drswsdc

Awards
If you just use it one time bro you're not going to feel anything coming off unless it's psychological.

As for some of the comments made you guys have to understand that for an ex opiate addict this is a partial mu opioid receptor activator. So most likely will not be taken for something like pre workout but more of something to take as a feel good and that alone. Something different happens chemically in the brain when those receptors get hit in the brain of a former addict.

As with everything brother moderation is the key. When I keep dosing to 2 to 3 times per week I don't feel any sort of wds whatsoever. If you're not capable of doing that then I suggest just stay away it's not worth it.
Yeah from what I've read withdrawals are worse (from kratom) with someone who abused opiates in the past... Is that correct? I kinda thought that's what you were saying...

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah from what I've read withdrawals are worse (from kratom) with someone who abused opiates in the past... Is that correct? I kinda thought that's what you were saying...
Well I won't say that the withdrawals are worse necessarily.... Just that the body is more prone physiologically to display symptoms of withdrawal sooner than someone who was not addicted before. Again the body and brain undergo physiological changes (that can be measured in science) that will cause a different response in how that person processes the chemical.

drswsdc

drswsdc

Awards
Well I won't say that the withdrawals are worse necessarily.... Just that the body is more prone physiologically to display symptoms of withdrawal sooner than someone who was not addicted before. Again the body and brain undergo physiological changes (that can be measured in science) that will cause a different response in how that person processes the chemical.
Ah yeah good point I see what you mean and that totally makes sense!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Abuse is abuse. Cause everyone you know doses 14 g a day doesnt mean thats safe responsible people do.

I dose pre 3-5g at max and have for years and never ever had a bad experience.

Who told you it wasn't addictive. It binds to the opiate receptor. What other misinformation and poor choices with kratom do you want to share?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He’s correct. A former addict’s brain is forever changed. In ways it essentially has a memory of its past use (on a chemical level). So a former addict can use an opiate for a couple days and be sent into withdrawals while someone who’s never been addicted could use the same amount for two times as long, or even more, and then decide to stop without feeling any withdrawal. The former addict’s brain recognizes its receiving an external supply of endorphins and it very quickly stops producing its own, while at the same time it overproduces natural stimulants in the brain (like adrenaline + others) to overcompensate for the excess of sedative chemicals. When you stop using the drug, your brain continues to produce the stimulants which sends your nervous system into hyperdrive, while eagerly awaiting more of the external sedatives rather than producing its natural supply. That’s essentially what withdrawal is in laymen’s terms. Depending on the half-life of the drug you used, you may return to normal in a couple of days or maybe a month or more if it’s something long lasting like methadone.

As for kratom withdrawal in comparison to harder opioids - kratom is no where near as severe in intensity, but the variety of symptoms can be overwhelming. The fact that kratom has stimulant compounds along with opioid compounds makes it very unique. If you ever experience intense withdrawals from it as I did then you’ll likely have some symptoms that other opioid withdrawals don’t produce. These are largely centered in the head, like vertigo, headaches, confusion, memory loss. It made it difficult to find my way around a grocery store I’ve been to dozens of times. Combine that with all the classic opioid withdrawal symptoms, which I won’t go into here, and you’ll know why I came to this forum to ask if one more use could possibly reproduce that experience because I sure as hell don’t want to live through it again.

Based on the other times I’ve gone back and did an opioid I previously experienced withdrawals from I can say with confidence that Godstrength is likely right when he says one use will probably be harmless. The only threat is whether one use turns into repeated use. With me I don’t think that would be an issue so long as I don’t have a stash of it.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
B5150 This thread is for people who aren’t part of the kratom police. It’s people like you that can’t handle a single negative thing said or a single negative experience shared when talking about kratom. I get it, your scared the FDA will take your precious baby away but can we just share information for the sake of fact sharing and coaching each other through decisions. That’s what this forum is for. You’ve offered a lot of negativity and your point has been made - you use it right and I used it wrong. I don’t disagree.

Who told you it wasn't addictive. It binds to the opiate receptor. What other misinformation and poor choices with kratom do you want to share?[/QUOTE]

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
B5150 This thread is for people who aren’t part of the kratom police. It’s people like you that can’t handle a single negative thing said or a single negative experience shared when talking about kratom. I get it, your scared the FDA will take your precious baby away but can we just share information for the sake of fact sharing and coaching each other through decisions. That’s what this forum is for. You’ve offered a lot of negativity and your point has been made - you use it right and I used it wrong. I don’t disagree.

Who told you it wasn't addictive. It binds to the opiate receptor. What other misinformation and poor choices with kratom do you want to share?
[/QUOTE]

Lol dont care about the FDA or loosing kratom nor coaching anyone....