Favorite Protein Powder

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
I am wondering what is everyone's favorite/goto protein powder? Mine used to be musclemilk but I think they changed the formula because it no longer tastes like I remember it. I have lost a considerable amount of weight due to a serious health condition and I am looking to add a protein powder in the mix to help me gain some weight/muscle back. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Uchiha00

Awards
I am wondering what is everyone's favorite/goto protein powder? Mine used to be musclemilk but I think they changed the formula because it no longer tastes like I remember it. I have lost a considerable amount of weight due to a serious health condition and I am looking to add a protein powder in the mix to help me gain some weight/muscle back. I appreciate everyone's feedback.
Mts whey is probably my favorite out of all the ones I’ve ever tried . Mint cookies and cream and strawberry cheesecake taste bomb

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
PES Select for sure. All flavors are on point. Great profile. Hard to go wrong choosing Select

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
If cost wasn't an issue... PES Select gets the vote. But since I don't enjoy spending all of my money on protein, I use MyProtein Impact Whey almost all of the time. You simply cannot beat the price point on MyProtein. Their sales are insane, and you can usually pick up 11lbs for appx. $50US.

MTS is another good option, great flavor. But then again, I can't afford to be buying it all the time.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PES Select when I have the money. Else, any Whey protein with a good deal and decent profile.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Right now for me taste is a huge factor since my appetite is practically non-existent I need something I can drink without having to force it down, price is a non-issue at the moment but I understand its an issue for a lot of people and would be for me in the past as well.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/299137-best-protein-currently.html

This is how I would break it down:

If cost is not an issue:
XF 2.0 (LCP, Cinnamon Roll, Mocha, Chocoalte Mint)
MSI Lean Whey (Lean Charms, Oatmeal Cookie etc...)
Ghost Whey
Beverly UMP (CNC is amazing)
Metabolic Nutrition (PB Cookie is GOAT)

A little costly but not breaking the bank:
MTS (Pumpkin, Red Velvet, PB CnC, CnC, Triple Aussie Biscuit)
Nutrabio
Iforce Protean (Blueberry & RV)

Cost Effective:
Cellucor (Cinn Swirl, Choc PB, Molten Chocolate)
PES (Vanilla, WCM, PB Cookie, SnickerDoodle)
AI Sports Whey (Birthday Cake, Pumpkin, Cinnamon Roll, Mocha)
Animal Whey (Banana, Red Velvet, Cookies & Cream)
Rule 1 (Banana, Fudge Brownie, Red Velvet, Pumpkin)
USP Labs

Isolate:
MAN Sports Iso (All the flavors are great I have tried)
Dymatize Iso-100 (Birthday Cake, Orange Cream, PB, Choc PB)
Allmax Isoflex (Choc PB)
Gaspari Precision (Blueberry, Neo, CTC)

Vegan:
PES Vegan (Choc is best)
AI No Whey (Pumpkin)
SAN Raw Fusion

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My go to is PES Select but The solution gave you a pretty nice list to choose from!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We should just give The Solution his own "What is the best protein today" thread and make it a sticky. And he can edit it as he sees fit.

Arnold_strong

Awards
Beef and egg protein , any type does it for me

I stay away from whey

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We should just give The Solution his own "What is the best protein today" thread and make it a sticky. And he can edit it as he sees fit.
Too bad taste is subjective.

My go to are PES Select and Modern Protein

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Gaspari Neapolitan and Ghost Blueberry Toaster Pastry are my two favorite non-traditional flavors

leroyjenkinss

leroyjenkinss

Awards
I like Myo-Ice by myogenix but I am bit a more of a hippy when it comes to protein.

It's grass fed new zealand whey isolate with no artificial sweeteners.

Also, only protein I have ever used that actually tastes really good when mixed with water.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Protein factory casein is the only casein that I have used with no digestive issues.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated. I literally lost 100 lbs since I got sick, ive gained about 20 back, and besides trying to get as many calories in as possible im sure finding a good protein powder that I can drink easily enough will help me out considerably. I now have some good options to look at.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone try myprotein's white cotton candy yet?
Recently picked up the boston cream pie and choc caramel pretzel, both meh for me.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
These guys covered the good ones... PES is top tier for a blend of proteins... MyProtein is 100% unbeatable in terms of cost and their flavors have gotten spectacular over the last year... I literally may not buy another brand anymore as they have both a ridic variety of flavors as well as price.

MSI also has some very unique and enjoyable flavors but certainly more pricey. Mts has some hit and miss and their big problem is they are just plain whey so overpriced IMO.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont drink shakes and use it purely in oats, so my go to is PES Select or Body Nutrition Trutein. It has to mix really thick for me or I am not a big fan.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
#1 Ghost Blueberry Toaster Pastry
#2 PES Frosted Chocolate Cupcake
#3 Bowmar Nutrition Hot Chocolate

Side note: not to hijack the thread, but anyone know of any good mint/chocolate flavored proteins?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Side note: not to hijack the thread, but anyone know of any good mint/chocolate flavored proteins?
I force
MTS

Both very good for mint lovers

IGF

Awards
I like MTS, Ghost, and PES. Will be trying MSI soon as my local stores just got them in at a decent price.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

i just opened the myprotein version and its quite good... def choc heavy with less mint (which I prefer to a heavy mint/mild choc) - this coming from a non-mint choc kind of person.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i just opened the myprotein version and its quite good... def choc heavy with less mint (which I prefer to a heavy mint/mild choc) - this coming from a non-mint choc kind of person.
Thanks! I’m sure this is the most cost efficient, may have to give it a go. Been on a mint kick every side I tried the mint Oreo blizzard from DQ ?

I know 1stPhorm has a mint ice cream sandwich that looks good, but damn that ish is expensive

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks! I’m sure this is the most cost efficient, may have to give it a go. Been on a mint kick every side I tried the mint Oreo blizzard from DQ ?

I know 1stPhorm has a mint ice cream sandwich that looks good, but damn that ish is expensive
And it’s no where near as good as I force or MTS

BDR

Awards
NOW unflavored protein powder. You can add it to whatever you want or flavor it however. Only has two ingredients in it: protein and soy lectithins (emulsifier so it will mix) and that is it. That is all you need. The ingredient list should not be a mile long.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
NOW unflavored protein powder. You can add it to whatever you want or flavor it however. Only has two ingredients in it: protein and soy lectithins (emulsifier so it will mix) and that is it. That is all you need. The ingredient list should not be a mile long.
You must be a blast at parties.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are a few good ones. I really like banana and found otimum banana to be good, but the price is never right. 90% of the time i get EAS whey 5lb tubs. They seem to do the trick and i usually get thenm under $40. Back in the mid 1990s designer was the stuff, but the price is just not right on it and it seems they uped their carb count .

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There are a few good ones. I really like banana and found otimum banana to be good, but the price is never right. 90% of the time i get EAS whey 5lb tubs. They seem to do the trick and i usually get thenm under $40. Back in the mid 1990s designer was the stuff, but the price is just not right on it and it seems they uped their carb count .
Dang man, what year are you living in ha? Live gotta try some of the newer (as in last 5-10yra new ha) brands and flavors...

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dang man, what year are you living in ha? Live gotta try some of the newer (as in last 5-10yra new ha) brands and flavors...
oh i have tried various ones. Just seems based on price and profile its the best for me.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
oh i have tried various ones. Just seems based on price and profile its the best for me.
gotta check out myprotein... price is unbeatable and flavors are 10000x better and more variety than eas... profile better too

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
gotta check out myprotein... price is unbeatable and flavors are 10000x better and more variety than eas... profile better too
I’m also a part of the elusive group who haven’t tried MyProtein. Do they make a banana flavor? If so, I’ll have to check it out

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m also a part of the elusive group who haven’t tried MyProtein. Do they make a banana flavor? If so, I’ll have to check it out
They do, in fact, pretty good I thought too. I'm hoping they bring back a lemon flavor and an orange cream and blueberry at some point.
Salted caramel, CnC & banana are among my fav flavors of theirs.

compan

compan

Awards

Biased but iFN Protean Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream is delicious. It's a flavor we do really well. Second to BBM for me.

vic21234

Awards
I currently use MyProtein Impact Whey Isolate, Rocky Road and Chocolate Mint flavors. I also used NOW Foods Whey Isolate for several years with no complaints.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
yep... I personally ahvent tried it but my mom loves it ha

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do all these proteins got a good serving of calcium? I was pretty surprised that mesomorph whey had so much when I decided to get it bogo. ON whey has only 8%RDA a serving

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer