BCAAs that actually taste good?

Bree.bree

Bree.bree

Awards
Anyone have lightly flavored BCAAs they enjoy?

I can’t stand super strong flavors I just like a light/subtle taste

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just got Blackstone Labs Resurgence Pina Colada flavour. It's very light even with 8-10oz of water.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I’ve never had a bcaa that DOESNT taste good so idk what to tell you. What ones have you tried?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I would say just keep adding more water until the ratio of aminos to water creates the light taste you are looking for.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I’ve never had a bcaa that DOESNT taste good so idk what to tell you. What ones have you tried?
Then you haven't triend ENOUGH amino products. There are some TERRIBLE ones out there.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
as long as it's not bulk aminos I haven't really had one I didn't like....of course some I like more than others but nothing that I said "oh no, I'm not drinking that"

preworkouts on the other hand

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree I stay away from super sweet ones but like stated just add more water till you have your desired sweetness. I usually do just one scoop with a full shaker cup of water.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are several. 360 pump, mr. Supps, breach by RedCon1. The taste is usually not the issue.

GrowthFiend

Awards
I just got Blackstone Labs Resurgence Pina Colada flavour. It's very light even with 8-10oz of water.
100% agree, a bit pricey for a bcaa but it does have nootropics but that pina colada in on point!

krakenstacks

Awards
Musclepharm 3:2:1 in Blue Raspberry tastes great

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

USP Labs Modern BCAA
Core ABC

but have 0 artificial colors or sweeteners. Not very heavy on the taste, but incredibly refreshing.

RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I liked the Bpi BEst Bcaa cherry and blue raz

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Scivation Xtend, Gaspari AminoLast, and APS Chain'd Reaction (rocket pop specifically) are some of the best tasting I've had.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

Whey protein has all the BCAAs you need... Pick a flavor

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gaspari Nutrition has aminolast, great flavors Strawberry kiwi, orange mango and more. Millenium Sports has bcaa's not made from human hair like most other bcaa's and are fermented .R.P.G.-BCAA™ is the name and three awesome flavors, Green apple , warrior melon and bubba punch.

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
Primeval labs EAA max, they have the full amino profile not just bcaa, taste is AMAZing, if strong add cold water.

mrhappyoz

mrhappyoz

Awards
Nutrabolics - Anabolic State. I’ve enjoyed their lemon/lime flavour.

That said, save your money and just get your BCAAs from protein! >35g of protein per serving will give you enough BCAAs to trigger protein synthesis and recovery.

I bought my BCAAs as an experiment and currently use them when I suspect my protein serving was slightly non-optimal, or to add some flavour to my WPI.

pro45

Awards
Use an EAA product. BCAA'a are a waste of money. Especially if you are meeting your protein macro's each day via whole foods and protein powders.

Mr.Burns

Mr.Burns

Awards
Cellucor AlphaAmino pink lemonade. Freakin’ amazing. Solid profile of EAA’s, BCAA’s, and Betaine Anhydrous and dehydrated coconut as part of their endurance and hydration component.

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
Alpha amino is a proprietary formula, you have no clue what aminos your getting, probably 90% taurine since it’s the cheapest, not saluted.

Mr.Burns

Mr.Burns

Awards
Alpha amino is a proprietary formula, you have no clue what aminos your getting, probably 90% taurine since it’s the cheapest, not saluted.
Well I’ll be damned! I just looked at my tub and what do ya know....
I probably won’t be spending $30 for a 15 day supply anymore. How did I not catch that? I apologize for my ill advised product suggestion and thanks for the call out!

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
No worries, We all got scammed by Cellucor and GNC at some point:)

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
No worries, We all got scammed by Cellucor and GNC at some point:)
Good ol cellucor. I know some guys that swear by c4. Always makes me wonder why? They get tricked into thinking its good from marketing or something? C4 never did crap for me

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
a coworker asked about my preworkouts, I proudly bragged about my good dmaa babies, he gave me the sorry look and mentioned c4...I acted surprised and told him I will certainly give it a try!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I was asked by a coworker about my preworkouts, I proudly bragged about my good dmaa babies, he gave me the sorry look and mentioned c4...I acted surprised and told him I will certainly give it a try!
LOL!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Use an EAA product. BCAA'a are a waste of money. Especially if you are meeting your protein macro's each day via whole foods and protein powders.
Wouldn't that also contradict using an EAA?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol! Yep ive had some pretty gross bcaas from myprotein. Good thing they were free
And I paid $40 for a 2.2lbs bag. I gave it away to a few people who don’t mind taking free stuff even if they taste like crap

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
And I paid $40 for a 2.2lbs bag. I gave it away to a few people who don’t mind taking free stuff even if they taste like crap
What flavor was it? Mine was green apple cause it was the only flavor i could get free and it was absolutely disgusting lol

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What flavor was it? Mine was green apple cause it was the only flavor i could get free and it was absolutely disgusting lol
Watermelon.. tasted like a nice dose of chemical mixture.. At least you got it for free.. lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really like the taste of IntraMax. Although it isn’t really promoted as a BCAA product, it contains that and much more. I enjoy using it intra and post workout.

IMG_1917.jpg

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Gaspari Nutrition has aminolast, great flavors Strawberry kiwi, orange mango and more. Millenium Sports has bcaa's not made from human hair like most other bcaa's and are fermented .R.P.G.-BCAA™ is the name and three awesome flavors, Green apple , warrior melon and bubba punch.
Appreciate that AminoLast shoutout, brotha.. great flavors indeed!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been using bcaas since 2002. They tasted gross and I wolfed it down anyways back then. I used to gag taking them down.

Times have improved hugetime for taste

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Ive been using bcaas since 2002. They tasted gross and I wolfed it down anyways back then. I used to gag taking them down.

Times have improved hugetime for taste
They sure have. Preworkouts have come a long way as well. I remember back in the day when i first started working out i got some N.O.XPLODE. Took some convincing to get my mom to let me get that and some creatine cause she thought it was steroids. Anyways yeah. It took some resolve to choke that stuff down

Bree.bree

Bree.bree

Awards
Good ol cellucor. I know some guys that swear by c4. Always makes me wonder why? They get tricked into thinking its good from marketing or something? C4 never did crap for me
Haha c4 was the first preworkout I ever tried. Worked for me but then I tried some other brands and realized how much I hated it haha

Bree.bree

Bree.bree

Awards
Well I hit my protein within about 5grams everyday so I guess I don’t need BCAAs! I guess it’s all the marketing and stuff that makes you think you need it. I drink it while working out but I honestly just prefer plain old water haha

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha c4 was the first preworkout I ever tried. Worked for me but then I tried some other brands and realized how much I hated it haha
Original NO shotgun was my first. Had to take a shot of it with a chaser. Good times.

Alistair_

Awards
Tri-Pep is the best tasting BCAA product I’ve ever tried. Peptide bonding got rid of the nasty bitter taste. I use it intra-workout.