MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anti-catabolic means it will stop tissue from breaking down, burning fat IS catabolic... fat loss can not happen without catabolism as that is the process required to break down the fatty tissue. Kind of an odd way to advertise a fat loss supplement.

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anti-catabolic means it will stop tissue from breaking down, burning fat IS catabolic... fat loss can not happen without catabolism as that is the process required to break down the fatty tissue. Kind of an odd way to advertise a fat loss supplement.
Good point MrKleen73, let me clarify. When referenced in bodybuilding, in most cases the term "anti catabolic" refers to the prevention of muscle loss... In this case, it is suggesting that it helps PREVENT muscle loss while OPTIMIZING fat loss. Catabolism is the set of metabolic pathways that breaks down molecules into smaller units that are either oxidized to release energy or get used in other anabolic reactions. This effect can have a negative effect on muscle mass and can cause some individuals to lose muscle along with the body fat that they are trying to drop. The ad is simply suggesting that this product will help reduce muscle loss during the process of supporting fat loss.

CDale

CDale

Awards
Good point MrKleen73, let me clarify. When referenced in bodybuilding, in most cases the term "anti catabolic" refers to the prevention of muscle loss... In this case, it is suggesting that it helps PREVENT muscle loss while OPTIMIZING fat loss. Catabolism is the set of metabolic pathways that breaks down molecules into smaller units that are either oxidized to release energy or get used in other anabolic reactions. This effect can have a negative effect on muscle mass and can cause some individuals to lose muscle along with the body fat that they are trying to drop. The ad is simply suggesting that this product will help reduce muscle loss during the process of supporting fat loss.
Makes sense.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Certainly, and I did get the point of the reference, and you are right I imagine for most they have no idea that fat loss is catabolic. It just hit me as a very confusing statement but that is because I am aware of the process. Might I suggest the use of Muscle Sparing, or Protein Sparing as opposed to anti-catabolic. I sure would be interested in a Muscle Sparing Diet Pill!

Either way, I am going to have to take a look at the profile and read up on the ingredients as it sounds very interesting! Thanks for the great response and not getting offended at the question!

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Certainly, and I did get the point of the reference, and you are right I imagine for most they have no idea that fat loss is catabolic. It just hit me as a very confusing statement but that is because I am aware of the process. Might I suggest the use of Muscle Sparing, or Protein Sparing as opposed to anti-catabolic. I sure would be interested in a Muscle Sparing Diet Pill!

Either way, I am going to have to take a look at the profile and read up on the ingredients as it sounds very interesting! Thanks for the great response and not getting offended at the question!
Good points, thanks for the input :)

SteaknTaters

SteaknTaters

Awards
Much applause to you 2 smart dudes discussing this topic. I feel smarter now.