Ergonine

pro45

Awards
Just got this. What's the verdict with you guy's who've used it??

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To me it's a definite staple. I like the recovery aspects.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got this. What's the verdict with you guy's who've used it??
It works well as a nice and easy non-stim pre-workout. Makes a great base for a "Build Your Own" pre-workout too, maybe add 4-6g of L-Citrulline and/or some caffeine (if you prefer a little stim).

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Best flavor!?

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I’ve been on ergonine for several months now. It’s a damn near perfect sup. Iced tea is my favorite.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like them all. Think I might rate Tropical ahead of Nanaberry with Ice tea third.
I've heard a lot of positives on the tropical flavor as well...

I'd try tropical if I were you and see how it treats you.

Myrmidon

Myrmidon

Awards
You won't find a negative opinion on Ergonine, a staple here as well.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I got a free sample of I believe the iced tea last year at the Arnold and tbh it was hard to choke down. May try the tropical

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
A staple product and all the flavors are great
Can ergonine be taken post workout as well? I see the directions say pre but I’m already content and locked down with my pre workout (bought all effective ingredients in bulk for cheap). I’m interested if this may be a decent post workout supplement for recovery given the creatine/glutamine/HICA etc. Just curious!

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can ergonine be taken post workout as well? I see the directions say pre but I’m already content and locked down with my pre workout (bought all effective ingredients in bulk for cheap). I’m interested if this may be a decent post workout supplement for recovery given the creatine/glutamine/HICA etc. Just curious!
Post workout would also be a good time as it's packed with recovery support ingredients and daily staples such as creatine and Betaine

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
It's a great idea for a supplement but honestly I couldn't stomach the flavors no matter how much water I used. I was using unflavored and adding to different preworkout supplements I used.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Post workout would also be a good time as it's packed with recovery support ingredients and daily staples such as creatine and Betaine
Thanks man! The one thing that deters me is the HICA. All of the actual studies I’ve seen have it separated out into 3 doses at 500mg each. That’s where the muscle growth benefits were seen. But taking 1500mg at once in no way signifies it’ll have the same effect as 3x500 mg. It’s the same thing with leucine; if you take 5 grams of leucine 3 times a day it will have a significantly better effect than taking 15 grams once a day (based on the kinetics and limits of MPS). Unless studies have been done on HICA at a single 1500mg dose once a day that I’m missing. Could always just take 1/3 scoop pre workout, post workout, and later though I guess?

pro45

Awards
Thanks man! The one thing that deters me is the HICA. All of the actual studies I’ve seen have it separated out into 3 doses at 500mg each. That’s where the muscle growth benefits were seen. But taking 1500mg at once in no way signifies it’ll have the same effect as 3x500 mg. It’s the same thing with leucine; if you take 5 grams of leucine 3 times a day it will have a significantly better effect than taking 15 grams once a day (based on the kinetics and limits of MPS). Unless studies have been done on HICA at a single 1500mg dose once a day that I’m missing. Could always just take 1/3 scoop pre workout, post workout, and later though I guess?
That's how I originally want to take it. 1/3 scoop, 3x a day.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
That's how I originally want to take it. 1/3 scoop, 3x a day.
Agreed for sure. I don’t think it would be wise to just take a full dose once a day assuming your main priority is to stimulate muscle growth. I’d also love to see how this goes with the addition of 3-5 grams leucine per 1/3 scoop. I don’t believe the studies have ever done a comparison between the l-leucine and HICA which would be interesting. I mean it may just be redundant assuming identical MOA/receptor sites or whatnot (I mean it is a metabolite after all) but I think it’s probably a VERY good way to ensure you’re maxing out your body’s muscle protein synthesis. Or that’s my thinking at least

pro45

Awards
Agreed for sure. I don’t think it would be wise to just take a full dose once a day assuming your main priority is to stimulate muscle growth. I’d also love to see how this goes with the addition of 3-5 grams leucine per 1/3 scoop. I don’t believe the studies have ever done a comparison between the l-leucine and HICA which would be interesting. I mean it may just be redundant assuming identical MOA/receptor sites or whatnot (I mean it is a metabolite after all) but I think it’s probably a VERY good way to ensure you’re maxing out your body’s muscle protein synthesis. Or that’s my thinking at least
Yes, I am debating whether I should do the added l-leucine, or HMB. Should be interesting...

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Oh my dude you gotta go with the leucine just based on the economics alone! You can get quality bulk leucine for reaaaaaal cheap compared to HMB. I think I got half a kilo for like $25-30 or something silly. I’d save the money you didn’t spend on hmb pick up another ergonine or two! But I agree, should be very interesting indeed!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Leucine is more "anabolic" while HICA and HMB are more "anti-catabolic." In short, a "full" dose of leucine is going to stimulate MPS much more effectively than a full dose of HICA/HMB, but a full dose of HICA/HMB is going to be more anti-catabolic than a full dose of leucine; I wouldn't say that taking HMB/HICA provides no additional benefits if you're already taking leucine. The real argument/question is if you're doing enough (volume/frequency) that you would benefits from the anti-catabolic effects or not.

I also wouldn't worry about taking the full daily dose of HMB/HICA once instead of split if I'm being honest. I think I actually recall seeing something showing that the HMB powder (the old stuff, not the fancy new HMB-FA) is best, or at least good, when the full 3g dose is taken pre-workout.
Oh my dude you gotta go with the leucine just based on the economics alone! You can get quality bulk leucine for reaaaaaal cheap compared to HMB. I think I got half a kilo for like $25-30 or something silly. I’d save the money you didn’t spend on hmb pick up another ergonine or two! But I agree, should be very interesting indeed!
HMB isn't that expensive. You can get it for $74/kg, which comes out to under $7/month at 3g/day. That said, I don't see a need to use HMB and HICA, so if you're using Ergonine, which has HICA, I don't know if it'd be worth it to also add HMB. I have found HMB to be a bit more effective in terms of improving recovery than HICA, but both work IMO.

pro45

Awards
As an older lifter, HMB is one o the best anti-catabolic sups I've used. Along with creatine mono, it's a great one-two punch. I'm going back to this. With added l-leucine. Should be interesting. I'm completely natural, and 59 years old. Oh, with my Ergonine. :)

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
It's a great idea for a supplement but honestly I couldn't stomach the flavors no matter how much water I used. I was using unflavored and adding to different preworkout supplements I used.
You might want to try Finish Line from iForce. I used to love the E9 flavors, especially NB and IT, but now it's hard for me to get them down as well. I haven't tried Finish Line, but I've heard really good things. Main downfall is price.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I’m half way through my third tub of the tropical flavour and I’m not a fan. I need to just chug it but there’s always hard little pieces left in it. Anyone else have that problem?

What other products are out there like Ergonine? Triumph whenever it comes back? I see finished line mentioned. Anything else?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m half way through my third tub of the tropical flavour and I’m not a fan. I need to just chug it but there’s always hard little pieces left in it. Anyone else have that problem?

What other products are out there like Ergonine? Triumph whenever it comes back? I see finished line mentioned. Anything else?
IntaMax. It does contain WPH, but you have your cryogenic ingredients such as creatine, betaine, and an electrolyte complex. It can be used pre, intra, or post workout. It is buy one get one free currently, PM me and I will get you there.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established

Finish Line by iForce

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I also don’t like this flavor. I do like nana berry though. For the tropic flavor i threw half a scoop of hydra charge (i think i see that you have this) or a energy bcaa and fill a 24 oz shaker. Sip on it for about 1 hr on my way to work in the mornings and most of those small pieces dissolve.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I also don’t like this flavor. I do like nana berry though. For the tropic flavor i threw half a scoop of hydra charge (i think i see that you have this) or a energy bcaa and fill a 24 oz shaker. Sip on it for about 1 hr on my way to work in the mornings and most of those small pieces dissolve.
Hey thanks yep I’ve mixed it with that and a few other things before lol.

pro45

Awards
Update:
I've been using Ergonine for the past eight days. My weight has gone up five pounds, my waist has reduced by 1/4 of an inch, and I feel very strong in the gym. The only other supplements I'm using is D3 at 5,000IU's per day, fish oil, and a supplement called Humanotropin. I am also 60 years old with 40 years of training experience. I'll report back after my thirty days when I've used both supps for their thirty day allotment. Very interesting so far...

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update:
I've been using Ergonine for the past eight days. My weight has gone up five pounds, my waist has reduced by 1/4 of an inch, and I feel very strong in the gym. The only other supplements I'm using is D3 at 5,000IU's per day, fish oil, and a supplement called Humanotropin. I am also 60 years old with 40 years of training experience. I'll report back after my thirty days when I've used both supps for their thirty day allotment. Very interesting so far...
Thanks for updating. Have you changed anything recently with your diet or gym routine? Keep it up brother.

pro45

Awards
Thanks for updating. Have you changed anything recently with your diet or gym routine? Keep it up brother.
Thanks man.... The only thing difference is the use of Humanotropin and my training is a Paul Carter inspired routine. I train every other day. Day one is Chest, Quads, Delts, Tri's. Day two is Back, Bi's, Hams, Calves. 4-6 sets per body part. In and out of the gym in 30-35 minutes. As of today, I've gained an additional 2 1/2 pounds with waist about 1/4" in reduction from April 4th (my last posting on this thread). No cardio.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love it ergonine is awesome
Still a staple in my lineup. Can't beat it for the value in my honest opinion. Covers many bases all in one low price.